Factory options

Zache

Reaction score
What would you say is the most pointless factory add on ???

Red brake callipers (factory fitted; aftermarket is a lot cheaper if you really want them)

Reactions: Jassyo06
The passenger seat - but my wife insisted on it and my dealer said I couldn't delete it.

Reactions: ACWKGYTO, sunscreemer, M_D_O_London and 8 others
Clutch pedal :)

New war started, you're welcome.

Reactions: elpaulio, The Challinor, alijnclarke and 2 others
Non smoking package. You actually get less for the same money.

Closely followed by phone box.

I can see there is going to be some fun in this thread :laugh::laugh::laugh:

My vote goes to the phone box. How to waste £325

Like spec'ing red calipers really ... :undwech: :eyebrows:

I was going to say Sepang Blue paint but there are so many of you i thought best not :)

Reactions: elpaulio and steeve
As for me, there a couple "Electric Seats"...had them in my last 2 cars,only use the things when cleaning/hoovering the interior,"Audi Connect" "Red Brake Calipers" nice on a ST but not ON a S3....and a few things on the "Drivers Assistance package"...had them all and never did have the need to use them...

Electric folding wing mirrors. Just push them in like a person with two arms would.

Electric folding wing mirrors. Just push them in like a person with two arms would.

Gonna have to disagree with you there, having them auto-fold when locking is one of the best options!

Reactions: nickatkinson, glospete, David83S3 and 1 other person
Those ashtrays ain't cheap

But the general wisdom is that the dealer will give you an ashtray if you ask for one. So the only real difference is you get a blanking piece instead of the lighter. And the actual rating of the outlet is higher on the non-smoking package.
Can't believe we are discussing such unimportant stuff!!!

A tow bar. Seriously who's going to order an S3 and then tow a caravan behind it?? :wtf:

A tow bar. Seriously who's going to order an S3 and then tow a caravan behind it?? :wtf:
But the question wasn't related to just S3's. The factory fitted towbar is very well designed and as for useful, if you want to tow a trailer it's VERY useful!
It's certainly better than putting garden rubbish into your nice new Audi, at least I think so.

Reactions: mjcourtney and glospete
But, to be pedantic, you can't spec a factory tow bar with an S3 anyway ;)

(the exhaust system gets in the way)

Reactions: P D C, The Challinor and Psyman79
Too many stupid options to list.......................!

But the question wasn't related to just S3's. The factory fitted towbar is very well designed and as for useful, if you want to tow a trailer it's VERY useful!
It's certainly better than putting garden rubbish into your nice new Audi, at least I think so.

Sorry you felt left out with my observation being solely aimed at the lucky ones with S3’s.
I will try to make sure that all future comments include both models so not to offend.

Still wouldn't want to tow anything with an S3 though…… Lol

Supaguard/Lifeshine...easiest way to waste your money by getting some spotty chav to scratch buggery out of your car and charge you for the privilege lol

Reactions: ACWKGYTO
One thing I would like to have on my S3 is when changing down gears with the S-Tronic paddles the engine gives a blip of the throttle

One thing I would like to have on my S3 is when changing down gears with the S-Tronic paddles the engine gives a blip of the throttle

Mine does - only a very small one mind (a bit bigger when in Sports/Dynamic though) although you do need to listen for it. Try driving in individual mode, with gearbox set to auto, but sounds set to dynamic and you'll hear it do it

Getting back on thread though, for me the most stupid option is the illuminated S3 doorsills.

Reactions: Madmo