Fail Mot Tyres

bigal23

Reaction score
need replace my tyres today anybody recommend some good ones currently got goodyear eagles on but if there is cheaper out there that are just as good please tell me :)

Not cheap but Michelin PS3's are highly rated. Not sure how they compare to the Goodyears though.

I recently got a pair of PS3's on the front and MAN are they noisy! Road noise increased most noticeably. If the grip wasn't as good as it is, I'd have been disappointed with them in general.

I'm afraid grip and noise go hand in hand in general.

This also applies to tarmac - the noiser the road surface the more grip it provides.

Not sure what car you have but stick with either factory spec or similar, don't go budget.

Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance any good?

I have a 2l tdi Quattro with bigger turbo pushing 240-245bhp seems like tyres wear so quick ;(

Running ContiSportContact 5's on the S3 at the moment. Came from the factory with ContiSportContact 2 or 3's on so I always tend to replace like for like. Always seem to get decent reviews.

gone and got Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 £100 a tyre didn't think was bad. and reviews seem better than the other f1 I had. cheers for all the input guys

Eagle F1 Asymmetric's are probably best tyre ive had on my A3 TDI170. I'm currently running Khumo KU39 LE SPORT which aren't a bad midrange but the Goodyears are worth the small difference in cost!

Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance any good?

I have a 2l tdi Quattro with bigger turbo pushing 240-245bhp seems like tyres wear so quick ;(

Very good tyre , as soon as my SP3's have worn I'm putting these on following having them on a remapped meriva turbo .... Great tyre