FAO DJ_troopa - Jetex cone filter.

Hmm thats a small filter for 295 BHP.

FYI you could have sent a PM and included the link directly in there if the thread isn't to be posted upon.

Cheers

Thanks for that Dave! Appreciate that matey! This would be good for others to see also if they're interested what the Jetex looks like. Im a BMC man converting to one of these so maybe others would want to convert after seeing and reading the facts just like i did.

I thought it would be alot bigger though. How comes you went for the angle one and not straight one Dave?

Thanks again.

Jay

Thanks for that Dave! Appreciate that matey! This would be good for others to see also if they're interested what the Jetex looks like. Im a BMC man converting to one of these so maybe others would want to convert after seeing and reading the facts just like i did.

I thought it would be alot bigger though. How comes you went for the angle one and not straight one Dave?

Thanks again.

Jay

because i thought i good get a bigger cold feed in (not seen in the pics)

FAO others bmc air filter for s3 = £250+
Jetex for s3 = £70-£80+.... mmmm you might think, surley the bmc is superior???

swapped the BMC for the Jetex and got an 12 g/s more airflow... same hill... same revs..... same conditions.....within 5 mins..

That does look a bit small Dave, heres my Jetex;

100_1471.jpg

100_1470-1-1.jpg

I did get quite a bit of increase in g/s when I installed mine. Just need to sort out a 4" feed to it.

Nathan

Last edited:
mmm interesting, i see that yours is not a direct fit is it a universal one? mine was car specific but does look small compared to that!!
the g/s are fine and what i expect....
i may do a run without it and see what i get, cheers nathan

Thanks Dave.

Nathan that one looks bigger! Is it a universal one?

Thanks for the pics guys. Anyone else like to contribute? :)

Jay

Not to this thread, but I have had Jetex previously on other cars and they are spot on, always been impressed with what they can do :)

I did think about fitting a cone filter on my s3 but...was told there was too much heat under the bonnet so it would actualy slow the car down?
Is there a noise increase? intake noise and maybe the DV too?

I have the same Jetex as Nattie i got mine of Badger 5 very good price aswell !

That's the only thing i've ever been worried about...... heat soak! I can get one of those wrap around metal heat shields but i don't know if that would be sufficient enough. How do you guys find it in the summer time??

i tend to get it only when ive been sitting in traffic but since i took the rubber of the back edge it seams less and it sounds louder :rockwoot:

Did it affect the MAF at all? I've just replaced the MAF again last month so last thing i wanna do is put this on and kill it once again lol.

Thanks peeps.

I havent mate, Ive just stayed original on this due to the heat soak issues that I have read up.

My cousin is very good friends with the owner of Jetex and I only work around the corner from them.

Good bunch of guys there, very helpful and knowledgable too.

My Jetex filter is a universal filter with a 80mm outlet for the MAF sensor housing. The dimensions are as follows;

Top O/D 140mm, Bottom O/D 175mm, Length 172mm, Flow rating 410 bhp.

I have not really experienced heat soak since running my cone over my airbox. Everyone reads things on the net and everyone agrees because thats what they would expect instead of trying it themselves. Everyone I know who has run a Jetex has had quite a substantiation increase in g/s.

Oh and the turbo spool and DV sounds are a lot louder if thats your thing ;-)

Nathan

Ye thats the one. Its pretty big in person, very good for the price too.

I used to have a green cotton cone filter before but was a similar size to the one Dave has now.

Nathan

ok did some runs last night without a filter and saw a 3g/s gain so i think my filter is ok at present...how come the s3 one on the jetex site is nearly double the universal one??....lol... may have to buy one of those when i get my custom map

What do you mean Dave? Is the S3 one bigger? If it's the same thing but more priced i wouldn't bother lol but if it's a bigger one on the other hand then hmmmmm!

Filter11.jpg

I didn't get an airbox with my S3 as it had a very old n dirty Green cone filter when I got it so when that fell apart I replaced it with this. Its a £20 universal apiro filter with a £2 asda plant pot made into a heat sheild & some cold air feed I had kicking about the garage. The heat sheild also acts as an echo chamber giving a great deep induction noise in the low revs & a nice amount of wooosh when the forge 007 dumps (which RossBrownlee will vouch for), After a drive the heat sheild is always ice cold.
I'm soon to be finishing it off with some proper insulated 4" industrial air con pipe for a better cold air feed, some real carbon fiber wrap for the outside, some flexi aluminium sheet for the inside & an ITG cone filter. When I get this finshed up I'll see if my buddy Ross will let me borrow his Vagcom & standard airbox to do some logging on intake temps & air flow as I'm sure it will be a better set up than standard.

Ewan.

I did think about fitting a cone filter on my s3 but...was told there was too much heat under the bonnet so it would actualy slow the car down?
Is there a noise increase? intake noise and maybe the DV too?

I have the jetex filter as well and can say it does increase noise greatly, more intake and with the forge re-circ valve you can hear it dumping back in to the intake very clearly but not too loud.

I wouldnt mind hearing Bill's thoughts on this as im very tempted.
I dont want to kill the power with heat soak,
I dont want to kill another MAF

I do want better air flow
I do want slight increase in intake noise.

Also does a good cold air feed go hand in hand with an induction kit like this?
I would probably go for a universal 80mm neck fitment as the saving will be quite alot.

I wouldnt mind hearing Bill's thoughts on this as im very tempted.
I dont want to kill the power with heat soak,
I dont want to kill another MAF

I do want better air flow
I do want slight increase in intake noise.

Also does a good cold air feed go hand in hand with an induction kit like this?
I would probably go for a universal 80mm neck fitment as the saving will be quite alot.

x2!

You wont kill your MAF having a Jetex as they are not covered in any light oils. Plenty of Cupra R boys run these.

I have never really suffered from heat soak from having my cone on with no air feed. I will be installing an air feed soon. I have had a max air flow of 189 g/s on a standard map, had about 8 g/s increase from my Jetex.

You will have a increase in air flow and intake sound for sure. I would recommend anyone to get a Jetex filter. Buy one and try it out, if you dont like your cars performance after it you will likely be able to sell it for not much less than you paid for it.

Have a read of this thread, Jetex Induction Kit/Cone Filter. - SEAT Cupra.net - SEAT Forum

Nathan

Last edited:
Cheers Nathan. Did that 8g/s increase take you to 189 g/s? I'm doing 208 g/s on my BMC with my stage 1 map and few other bits.

im very keen to get some kind of induction upgrade. however we all know that under bonnet temps on the s3 are very high. g/s aside i cant see that any induction upgrade on the market can give any benefit to an s3 especially one without a heat shield. If k&n did an inclosed airbox for the 1.8t i would buy it, but there is nothing on the market that convinces me at the moment. As for the oiled filter argument, i only agree with this when re-oilling a filter yourself, as there is a chance of putting too much oil on the filter. I have been running a K&N panel filter for 18 months and my maf is fine.

I'm going to try out one of these Jetex cone filters. Its about time I tried something different to my standard setup.

jetex do seem to add nice airflow over panel oe installs.. and i too have seen and logged a 15g/s gain from swapping over an s3 with hybrid k04 from mbc to jetex cone..

ideally, if you can make a divider plate to isolate the filter from the hot engine bay it can only help. engines in s3 are well hot. get some decent ducting and shielding and you can have more gains and less heatsoak

i usually carry these in stock these days.. they work well and are well priced

Well I used to get about 168 g/s on a completely standard engine then I had a green cotton filter which did give an increase in air flow but not as much. Put my Jetex in an would consistently get about 176 - 178 g/s increase over my standard setup.

I then installed a silicone TIP which gave a few more g/s (standard one was very flat just before it entered the turbo). Then running a N75J valve has helped get to my airflow to 189 g/s. Going to install an air feed and see what data I get then.

Nathan

nattie did you get your filter of the jetex website as im gonna order mine on friday?

Bought mine from Bill. Prefer to support smaller companies when I can plus he's very helpful.

Nathan

Where can i get the "ducting" for the cold air feed from?
How much will i need ? I have sacked the side mount intercoolers off so is that where the ducking should run to??