FAO REVO RE: Buying SPS / Remap / Anti Theft

DaveS3Turbo

Sepang Blue S3
Reaction score
Hi Revo,

As you may be aware my dads RS4 was recently stolen, now I need some sort of deterence and now seems a good time for SPS.

Now I currently have an S3 however Audi are replacing it at the end of December, If i buy an SPS now with Anti Theft would you re-configure this for free etc for the new replacement car?

Would audi notice that a revo remap had been applied when I give it back?

Just need a little help as I am really fearing at the moment.

David

I think you would ask revo about this in private rather than on a Public Forum, usually the map is vehicle specific so you would be charged but The Guys may work something out with you, always worth asking.

Hi mate,

nightmare to hear about the car being taken, more of i worry i guess is that they came into the house when you were there !!, regarding the SPS question, surely this is no better than hiding the key ?, to prevent them taking it you would need to hide the key and the SPS, seems like allot of hassle for you to pay for the SPS and enable/disable then hide the module and the key etc every time, why not just hide the key ?, does that not achieve the same thing ?. Someone on my road had a Focus RS stolen, they broke into the house through a open window, i am pretty sure they tried my front door too as something woke me up. I now set my house alarm every night and keep all the keys upstairs. From what i hear this house breaking thing is getting more common ! :sorry:

So your asking for a free map in lieu of the old one?

I believe, but dont hold me to it (read a thread other day)the ecu can be reset so it shows a 0 in a location so its shown as untouched, but you'd as martin says have to chat with revo, speak to Carl@revo is it over on vagoc mate who is a regular, hope thats his name anyway, lol.

The sps isnt afaik vehicle specific, I had one for my S3 & it obviously works with the vehicle vin/ecu data so you cant come along with another sps & turn of security, so if you bought one now I'm sure you can use it with your next S3, thats what I've always known mate

I dont think this has changed, cause that would be pointless device then, I guess it uploads some code to an ecu location which is encrypted & has a matching sps key & also downloads data to the sps so the car & sps can verify its they match before changing data back to enable the car, speculative but this would seem the most logical as anyone could buy an sps unit & disable the system anytime they want.

http://www.revotechnik.com/products/antiTheft.aspx

Also possibly you misunderstood the use of the sps device Dave, its not like a bluefin where it holds the map, the sps device just adjusts the timing, boost settings etc & also dependent on which version you buy but include an anti theft system on top of your cars systems.

The car must have the map on there in the 1st place to utilise the sps device, so you would need a new map on the next s3 mate.

If you understood this then sorry if teaching you to suck eggs, just useful info for others unless they changed them from what I had.

Last edited:
These units seem abit pointless and risky to me.

If you have set of car theifs in your house they threaten you take your keys and can't get it to start up. Are you not asking for the to wander stright back attack you until it runs?????

If you have set of car theifs in your house they threaten you take your keys and can't get it to start up. Are you not asking for the to wander stright back attack you until it runs?????

I tend to agree, my bigger worry is them coming into my house looking for the keys, by setting a house alarm etc and moving the keys upstairs i feel i have done enough, if they decide to come upstairs looking for them with the alarm blasting and me in the house, sh1t they can have them !!, they obviously want the car more than me !!, i goal is to get them out of my house asap !! cars can be replaced, getting bashed up while they try to work out how the SPS works would be more serious for me ! :sadlike:

Not when you go on holiday and leave your car behind. Or when you leave it somewhere unattended overnight. Or if you park it somewhere unfamiliar. Even with cloned key the Revo switch makes it impossible to start the car - pretty useful if you ask me.

Reactions: Samuel c5 Q
Do they have multiple anti theft modes then as revo says:

The car will start and idle, but when the accelerator pedal is depressed, the car will not advance pass idle!

My uncle had thieves in his house a couple of months ago after his Merc. He heard them and called the cops from his bedroom. The police where there in a flash and saw the scum making off with his car, chased and then caught them. My point being that if you hide your keys in one place and the sps in another, then it increases the time for the police to arrive.

Reactions: Samuel c5 Q
Thanks to Jason for bringing this to my attention :)

Also possibly you misunderstood the use of the sps device Dave, its not like a bluefin where it holds the map, the sps device just adjusts the timing, boost settings etc & also dependent on which version you buy but include an anti theft system on top of your cars systems.

this is correct :)

Dave; the select and select plus will enable and disable the anti-theft modes on your revo software, this means that the switch alone with not disable your vehicle with stock software, both vehicles will need to have revo software for you to use the anti-theft mode...

I personally feel the anti-theft mode is great along with valet mode, valet mode will allow the car to be driven but the car will not come on boost.... this concurrently means that it's a struggle to get the vehicle past 30MPH :)

switches are universal, they can be used on any vehicle running revo software.... but in the case of newer vehicles that communicate via CAN you have to use the newer generation of switches (select and select plus).

I hope this helps!

Carl

Hi Carl,

When running the vehicle in valet mode should timing and fuel also be changed back to stock i.e. 0 0?

dosen't need to be.... as long as boost is set to 0 the vehicle is in valet mode :)

My uncle had thieves in his house a couple of months ago after his Merc. He heard them and called the cops from his bedroom. The police where there in a flash and saw the scum making off with his car, chased and then caught them. My point being that if you hide your keys in one place and the sps in another, then it increases the time for the police to arrive.

You really want them in your house for longer..................

Does the Anti Theft always disable the running of the engine or will the engine catch at all?

Will the car be driveable?

David

I will get the new car with SPS+ / Revo Remap. Are there any issues when revving to 6-7K now witht he engine management light coming on in regards to the downpipe, or will the remap be ok as it is with stock hardware. AS I was aware there was an issue possibly with the car but have revo got around this.

David

Thanks to Jason for bringing this to my attention :)

this is correct :)

Dave; the select and select plus will enable and disable the anti-theft modes on your revo software, this means that the switch alone with not disable your vehicle with stock software, both vehicles will need to have revo software for you to use the anti-theft mode...

I personally feel the anti-theft mode is great along with valet mode, valet mode will allow the car to be driven but the car will not come on boost.... this concurrently means that it's a struggle to get the vehicle past 30MPH :)

switches are universal, they can be used on any vehicle running revo software.... but in the case of newer vehicles that communicate via CAN you have to use the newer generation of switches (select and select plus).

I hope this helps!

Carl

Glad got your name right

I know it's an old post but if it was my house and they came up stairs they'd get what for, I.e a good kicking.