Help Please Fault Code 00471

kyle92

Reaction score
Afternoon Folks,
When attempting to find if I could enable the ADS option via my carista app, I am now finding I have a recurring fault code, 00471 'Controller for EGD electronically regulated absorption (J250)'.
As far as I am aware I don't have electronically adjustable suspension on my car or engines modes (I don't have the buttons) hence I was curious if I could enable it, the fault continues to recur after I reset it, does anybody have any ideas?
Cheers,

Moderator please remove this post if you can, problem now fixed.

It's worth posting how you fixed this so that others with the same problem can learn from your experience.

Reactions: audiwaterpump
Fair point, see as follows.
Following the carista instructions, all ADS options are enabled via the carista, you then need to alter 2 options in the green menu, these both come back to the ADS being referred to as 'charisma' in the green menu.
Following the fault codes I then reversed the 2 options in the green menu as well as disabling all ADS options in the carista app, after resetting the fault codes again, they did not return, seems simple but you have to disable all options you originally enabled otherwise you will get a fault code.

Reactions: Marky007, audiwaterpump and pelhamsdetailing
Fair point, see as follows.
Following the carista instructions, all ADS options are enabled via the carista, you then need to alter 2 options in the green menu, these both come back to the ADS being referred to as 'charisma' in the green menu.
Following the fault codes I then reversed the 2 options in the green menu as well as disabling all ADS options in the carista app, after resetting the fault codes again, they did not return, seems simple but you have to disable all options you originally enabled otherwise you will get a fault code.
Having this exact problem mate do you know what the options in the green menu that you had to change were? And is there a specific order you need to do this in? Tia