Fault code with new DTUK FSR files

RYuill

Reaction score
Today I thought I would go and do a bit more playing with VCDS. Before doing anything I performed a full scan which threw up a fault code.

15343 - Boost Pressure Regulation
P0299 00 [096] - Control Range Not Reached
Intermittent - Not Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 3

After some Google search it seems Its a S3 common fault on the DTUK box. Its only present on those running the box at max which must be the new files, as I never had this fault with the old ones.

So for those of you who are running the new files you will need to clear the faults with VCDS before a service or any warrenty work.

I think i will be sticking the box back to the old file, clear the faults and leave it at that.

Will the faults stay there or will they auto clear after x period?

I've had the box on 3+3 before switching to 3+2 and don't have VCDS to clear it..

Will the faults stay there or will they auto clear after x period?

I've had the box on 3+3 before switching to 3+2 and don't have VCDS to clear it..

im on 3+2 too due to 3+3 being too snatchy.

Just find someone local with VCDS and get it cleared.

Pretty annoying really, the main selling point of the box is that it doesn't trigger a code.

Today I thought I would go and do a bit more playing with VCDS. Before doing anything I performed a full scan which threw up a fault code.

15343 - Boost Pressure Regulation
P0299 00 [096] - Control Range Not Reached
Intermittent - Not Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 3

After some Google search it seems Its a S3 common fault on the DTUK box. Its only present on those running the box at max which must be the new files, as I never had this fault with the old ones.

So for those of you who are running the new files you will need to clear the faults with VCDS before a service or any warrenty work.

I think i will be sticking the box back to the old file, clear the faults and leave it at that.

Rickie,

do you have the old or new box and which map and setting have you been using? I take it that it was map 3 plus 3?

my pc died last week and I've lost several files that i had stored locally, which was all of the old style FSR systems customer software.

Regarding the new files, intact any of the files running the box on max can cause issues/engine lights.. Ive just taken delivery of a brand new Golf R and I've reduced my own box down to plus 2 as plus 3 caused a boost code error. Our advice is as always to start on zero and move upto plus 1, 2 and then 3.

When you were running the old file (map 1 now on the new software set) did you ever see any fault codes etc? Im sure I've mentioned before regarding the differences between the files, and that it simply is the reaction time of the box/map.. This was changed by DTE Systems head software guy, and until recently the feedback has been great, and a lot of guys have been able to run plus 3 without issues. My thinking is that with the warmer ambient temps of late are affecting things, moreso when you factor in that the box is working a lot quicker too.

If you have 5 mins can you give me a bell on 01207 299538

cheers

Andrew

@ABYSS Can you shine any light on this? I'm looking to order mine next week!

we've tuned over 19,000 vehicles, and i honestly think it is a case of the box being set too high. Ive just swapped a year old Red golf R for a brand new white R. Ive been using map 3 plus 3 on the RED golf for 3 months without a single issue at all, and that car had a hard 3 months with me. This newer car throws a boost fault on plus 3, where as on plus 2 its fine. The reason for this is either down to sensor tolerances (we always say that a customer should never simply goto the max setting) or maybe the newer R is running an updated ecu file in stock form and maybe running a tiny little extra boost, i honestly don't know.

What we are doing tomorrow is actually running a full file review with the guys in germany, and conducting a file diagnostics. This is where the guys in germany remotely log into the tuning box (via a programming tool) and can read the raw sensor data and compare this with the original data that the file's were based upon.

Reactions: JordanQuattro
Pretty annoying really, the main selling point of the box is that it doesn't trigger a code.

the box wont trigger a TD1 code, a soft fault code could be down to numerous things including a faulty boost sensor which wont invalidate your warranty.

Reactions: RYuill
Informative as always @ABYSS! I don't have one just yet, when i was talking about it making the gearbox a bit odd it was from one of the technicians' car that i went out in.

Can't wait to get mine!

Go With MTM and there will be no issue...

Reactions: veeeight and monopole
Informative as always @ABYSS! I don't have one just yet, when i was talking about it making the gearbox a bit odd it was from one of the technicians' car that i went out in.

Can't wait to get mine!

@JordanQuattro the kits we sell to forum members is a tiny % if the kits we sell and the majority of customers haven't had any issues. But as I said above if the box is over adjusted and set straight away to 3 plus. 3 just because that's the best setting for Joe Bloggs, then problems can occur :) start and the bottom and work up, rather than starting at the top and working down :)

Reactions: JordanQuattro
Is it then advisable for anyone running a DTUK to purchase VCDS so that they can clear faults and run regular scans?

Yeah I wouldn't have one without VCDS. Not that I don't trust the box but I like to keep an eye on things and it's better safe than sorry !

Reactions: mw1978
Is it then advisable for anyone running a DTUK to purchase VCDS so that they can clear faults and run regular scans?
Think i'll add a vcds cable to my list of things to purchase...

Reactions: Forbzeeee
BTW
Guys is this normal that dtuk box leds flashing with set map all the time even when car is turned off??

does anyone have problem with battery when car stay few days?

It's normal, and LEDs use hardly any power.

Heya, i also have DTUK Box CRD3+, and i used all maps to +2 and map 1 to +3 for a bit and today had a full scan with vcds too but no errors.
Just as info :)