Faulty Fuel Guage?

Wizza

Reaction score
It's hard to say whether it is or isn't but seems to be a bit tempermental at times and can't get a real idea of what fuel is in the car!

If I were to replace the actual reader where would I find this? My assumption is on the fuel pump?

Cheers!

It's hard to say whether it is or isn't but seems to be a bit tempermental at times and can't get a real idea of what fuel is in the car!

If I were to replace the actual reader where would I find this? My assumption is on the fuel pump?

Cheers!

Most common fault is the fuel sender which is under the rear passenger seats. I replaced mine not long ago as I was getting a reading of empty when i had a full tank and also half a tank when it was empty.
Changed fuel sender and it was all good!!

Another fault can be you cluster display but i would try looking at the fuel sender first

faulty fuel sender, i done mine the other night but i stupidly filled the tank up as thought it was empty at the petrol garage. turned out the float unit wasnt making contact on its contact points properly so i bent the arm slightly so would make positive contact.
was a pain in the butt to put back, the rubber seal got petrol on it so expanded and would sit flush around the hole, took me 2.5 hours to sort it out, and dont try it at 8.30pm at night like i did. anyway its fixed for now and saved me 50 quid. the only thing is i spilt shed loads of petrol inside the car so really reallly stinks , had my rear windows left open for 3 days now and smell still there. hehehe