FBMFSW - Which one??

NHN

Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I can put the paddles on the perf wheel if I wanted, can you believe the alum paddles are £93+vat each from the stealers, cheaper to buy the wheel new with airbag as a whole & resell one I dont want...........................

So I did.............................

Audi added white stitching to the new one so urrm...........which one people?

Badge is easy swap & one will be up for sale upon decision aswell, both are brand new & can install for buyer of unwanted one by me, PM if interested in any of them with sensible offers, remembering trusted AS member(MarcQuinlivan & MattAndrew also trusted members will vouch for me as buyers of items)

SDC10147%20(Copy).JPG

SDC10149%20(Copy).JPG

Idealy id have the perf wheel with the white stitching and the alloy paddles, but thats impossible i suppose.

Think there's too much going on with the TTS one and unless you have the white stitching on your handbrake and seats it may just look out of place.

I would have preferred a perforated FBMFSW myself but they were impossible to find.

I would prefer the non perf ones with the chrome paddles... Looks smashing... Less racy and a bit more classy

Well my handbreak has white stitching & the new seats have the white-ish alcantara through the middles so it does match with interior, but in an ideal world I would have the perf with paddles & stitching, I can of course put the paddles on the perf, urmm decisions

Considering the paddles are alum frontside & same black plastic on rears does make you wonder why so expensive, but same as the alum mirrors now, its just an alum coating but predominantly plastic, couldnt believe when I got the mirror covers months back, cheeky feckers Audi, but got the oem ones at a great price from an authentic german parts guy(not of one of yours, lol) so couldnt complain

sorry guys i am a bit confused but can you buy the Audi S6 aluminum paddles and put them on the first steering wheel? is that the Audi TT one yeh?

unless you have the same paddles already in plastic then no you cant do a straight swap, but thats not to say it cant be modded to your wheel as they do bolt on to rear of the wheel so you could in theory mod them on, guessing its using same system to change gear on old/new anyway as its only a sprung loaded rocker switch on old/new anyway

yes its the TTS wheel but as A3/TT are same chassis(correct me if wrong) then all fit no problem & with correct control module & slip ring, dont have to use the paddles if dont wanna, still fit on a manual as Marc did with my previous one & maybe wire paddles in as options on car

I prefer the perf one, only cuz I'm after a white stitching FBMFSW myself (ideally without flappy paddles)...:)

ye just have a few things going on at mo, mostly wiring

but tomorrow is treat day, S3 kit arrives, whooopppeeee

Both are nice but I think the non-perforated one just edges it. Especially as it matches your seats.

Slightly off-topic but: Where did you get your S3 vents and how much?

I got of a german parts friend of mine I think I paid 221 euros but this was some time back when the euro was more in favour of us, but thats still alot cheaper than audi direct but overall I do feel they make the car look better stupid as it sounds, its a welcome change

Nigel,
i've been watching that auction you posted about for a week now.

I see you've since removed the link, but I think we'll need to impose some sort of gentlemen's agreement amongst the members where we don't post links to ebay items unless we are either selling the items ourselves, it is a BuyItNow lot or somebody selling multiples of the same thing.

I know you didn't do it on purpose, but it gets on my tits a bit when you spend ages foraging around on eBay only to find somebody else posts it on here and you get outbid.

I'm not having a go at you - just having a general rant about the posting of eBay links.

I understand what you mean but you cant be serious Marc about links, its ebay & its a forum

I know at least 1-2 other members that are bidding on that item & there have been many other links posted by alot of other members to help eachother find items & not one person has winged about it, thats life you dont bid high enough you lose out then thats only one persons fault fella, happened to me many times & I dont rant about it & I'm sure another AS member has beat me to the post on number of ocassions, lol, bar stewards

Ronny was asking me where I got mine I knew of a set so I posted to help the guy out, simple as that as I would do for you or anyone else, if you dont win then just get the next set but setting to many rules on a forum will make people leave & goto to a forum where its an open community, we start imposing all these gentlement agreements & it loses its sparks & fun on the forum.

I for one dont see the harm of posting links if it helps others out & posting any links full stop except the obvious disgusting ones, so I'm sorry but I whole heartedly dont agree with your idea, it should remain as open as it is now & post what you like within reason

I understand what you mean but you cant be serious Marc about links, its ebay & its a forum

I know at least 1-2 other members that are bidding on that item & there have been many other links posted by alot of other members to help eachother find items & not one person has winged about it, thats life you dont bid high enough you lose out then thats only one persons fault fella, happened to me many times & I dont rant about it & I'm sure another AS member has beat me to the post on number of ocassions, lol, bar stewards

Ronny was asking me where I got mine I knew of a set so I posted to help the guy out, simple as that as I would do for you or anyone else, if you dont win then just get the next set but setting to many rules on a forum will make people leave & goto to a forum where its an open community, we start imposing all these gentlement agreements & it loses its sparks & fun on the forum.

I for one dont see the harm of posting links if it helps others out & posting any links full stop except the obvious disgusting ones, so I'm sorry but I whole heartedly dont agree with your idea, it should remain as open as it is now & post what you like within reason

I understand what you're saying Nigel - was just having a rant. Don't mind me!

I know some other members have made similar comments in the past when an item they've been watching was posted by somebody who wasn't bidding on the item resulting in the price of the item rocketing. They way I see it if I've found a bargain, I don't necessarily want somebody else that isn't interested in buying it telling the world about it and turning the item into not so much of a bargain.

Like I said, I wasn't having a go - just expressing an opinion.

As was I fella, no worries for me, I respect your opinion & I understand it, I know its not personal

forum is about freedom for expression, opinions & helping others & I totally respect anyone's opinion as thats democracy for you & I also think as stated to many rules/agreements & people will just feel its not as open as it should be, thats the reason why I dont agree with your idea

just my opinion anyway

It's catch 22...

Someone posts a link on ebay of a find, you win it as no one else bids and your a happy camper.

Someone else posts a link and you don't get it but someone else on here is the happy camper, you pee'd off and hate the whole posting of ebay finds on the forum.

Some days it'll work for you, some days it wont. :(

J.

yeah same as life, but just get on with it anyway as someone is always much worse of than you for sure that cant even afford a grain of rice & we complain about our ebay items, lol, puts life/us into perspective, selfish to a degree we are

I've only posted links to things I'm not trying to buy unsurprisingly LOL. I did think the same as Marc the other day when there was thread of the mirrors. I was gutted the other week when I missed out on something I'd been looking for for over 3 weeks so as you say, its life.

I have also PM'd ebay links to peeps who I knew were looking for something specific.

grrr.... mattandrew beat me on it. i had a bid if 188 in but the computer froze and i missed it by 2 seconds!

Sorry mate didnt realise you were bidding, dont know about you but I end up sitting on the edge of my seat when it comes to the last few minutes of auction. I had bid 200.01 as there £250 from the stealer.

Marc: Did you see my comments on the PRI bulbs regarding the H7s

ah well, don't feel so bad now. I calculated that 188 would be my max bid even if it went higher as adding the 12 euro for postage would bring it to 200 total. looks like you'd have beaten me anyway even if I had got that bid in and you'd have ended up paying an extra 40 quid - so you can just send me a cheque if you want! Also it's good that they went to someone on here I suppose. Yeah I be the same with the auctions. I usually just decide what the max i'm willing to pay is and then go in with 15 seconds to go and place the bid - if I get beat I get beat. I don't understand people who put in a bid 4 days before the auction closes - they're only costing themselves money because somebody else will come in with a higher bid and they try to beat it again. One sneaky bid at the last second works wonders - plus by putting in a last minute bid at your max price you don't have time to think about raising the bid if you don't have the highest one.

Yeah, I saw the comments about the bulbs. The only concern I would have about the MOMO ones is that there is an awful lot of blue on them. How do they look when the lights are off? I was thinking the other day that the lamin-x might help to disguise some of the blueness. I've certainly noticed that my fried egg effect has almost gone away with the lamin-x.

Well I decided to keep my perforated FBMFSW, so I have a brand NEW FBMFSW with white stitching for sale, it did come with TTS badge which I have removed unless you want the wheel for your TTS, so all you have to do is push in your S3 or S-Line version which are very cheap on ebay/audi.

I paid £449.99 plus 12.99 postage, I only wanna recover my costs so anyone?

For reference as me a seller, ask MarcQuinlivan or MattAndrew both reputable AS members who have bought from me high priced items & 100% happy.

So why wait on ebay or be worried about winning, receiving your item, here's one ready boxed to go same/next day

I am able to fit this if you're within a sensible area to me or come to me

You can fit this to non DSG cars without any problems & it will work 100%, Marc has done this & I know for sure it works, you can remove the paddles if you want & the rear doesnt have a big black hole on each side, just a black blanked piece of plastic that you really wouldnt see driving at all

SDC10191%20(Copy).JPG