[Feb 8, 2015] Stafford Audi Dealership Event (Stafford)

Unfortunately I'm not :p

Was just wondering what the external flash power pack he was using was as I'm looking for something similar myself. Did see it briefly but can't remember what it was.

What's the lads user name on here I was talking to his name was Ben he drove a dark coloured a3 2.0 tdi 8p was a sound lad.

What's the lads user name on here I was talking to his name was Ben he drove a dark coloured a3 2.0 tdi 8p was a sound lad.
Lee was it bennyball?

No the grip is attached to the bottom of the camera and supplies it with power - this was a battery pack in a shoulder sling with a coiled cable up to the flash itself to provide more power. Similar concept to the (extortionately expensive) Canon CP-E4.

Jake Fowler you only joined the forum on Jan 9 2015 the same day as the event was posted,you've made less than 20 posts on the forum 8 of which are complaints because you feel Quote"Bit let down by Stafford Audi to be fair been a very good customer to them over the past year". Jake Fowler you've obviously bought a lot of cars of them this past year so i can't understand for the life of me why they didn't hand you the keys to a high performance Audi RS to drive as you please,as you say Quote]'As John as said myself and him were very disappointed at this! The guys didn't even seem to care that they had ruined our day! This was going to be a potential buy for myself as john ... I've been looking at the s5 and John at the s3'' ,Jake Fowler i presume they have lost your business on a potential purchase of the S5? especially as you say Quote 'But the thing is when your told by the organisers and Audi themselves it would be fine to drive them but then to turn up on the day and be told no is a bit of a pisstake tbh!'.
I made the account jan 9th? What's the problem with that ... Didn't come across the site until it was pointed out to me ... And then upon talking to someone at staffs Audi they pointed out there was an event on the site and to join up to guarantee my place ... Don't see what the problem is

I made the account jan 9th? What's the problem with that ... Didn't come across the site until it was pointed out to me ... And then upon talking to someone at staffs Audi they pointed out there was an event on the site and to join up to guarantee my place ... Don't see what the problem is

Try and see it from both sides, relax, take a few breaths, go to the next one

ok there was a bit of a **** up re getting the insurance in place for under 25s

But lets not go on and on and on about it, lets not mess things up for everyone

Have you contacted Stafford Audi and had a chat about what happened yet ?

Reactions: A3-Lee and Jake Fowler
Try and see it from both sides, relax, take a few breaths, go to the next one

ok there was a bit of a **** up re getting the insurance in place for under 25s

But lets not go on and on and on about it, lets not mess things up for everyone

Have you contacted Stafford Audi and had a chat about what happened yet ?
Just wish others would understand how annoyed we were and yes spoke to them , ringing me back tomorrow

Just wish others would understand how annoyed we were and yes spoke to them , ringing me back tomorrow
Best to keep cool if you do I'm sure you will be looked after, take it easy

Its funny me giving advice as back in the day I would have probably had the SWAT team called on me for turning sick !

Ps You know Jake is only twelve with his fake driving licence !

Reactions: The Challinor
I feel bad that it was miss communicated and if he was told wrong info but there does come a point where it needs be dropped really as too much "hassle" could make future event awkward.

You are correct... lets hope it is resolved for Jake and his mate tomorrow and we draw a line under it
Out of the 30 people that went 28 went home with massive grins on their faces, I'm still coming down from it now

Reactions: DAYTONA 500
You are correct... lets hope it is resolved for Jake and his mate tomorrow and we draw a line under it
Out of the 30 people that went 28 went home with massive grins on their faces, I'm still coming down from it now

I really enjoyed it, even the missus enjoyed it. Although she is a Audi fan as well but no where near my level yet lol

Reactions: ACWKGYTO

There's not a problem with you joining the forum and there's not a problem with you attending events ,the problem is the way you are acting and shouting your mouth off .This is an adult forum and if you want to play with the adults I suggest you start acting like one not like a naughty school boy.

We understand how annoyed you were but you need to calm down,why were you asked to leave Stafford Audi?

Reactions: The Challinor
I feel bad that it was miss communicated and if he was told wrong info but there does come a point where it needs be dropped really as too much "hassle" could make future event awkward.

You've hit the nail on the head ,I've said my piece on this and I'm not gonna post anything else on the subject I suggest others do the same.

Reactions: The Challinor and ACWKGYTO
No the grip is attached to the bottom of the camera and supplies it with power - this was a battery pack in a shoulder sling with a coiled cable up to the flash itself to provide more power. Similar concept to the (extortionately expensive) Canon CP-E4.

I never noticed the shoulder pack, I rarely use flash for events opting for a Rotolite instead if I need fill in light.

More importantly

People need to remember they are representing Audi-Sport.net

I'm sure we all want to be thought of as a really nice bunch of people, remember Sandra and Audi didn't have to lay this on for us.

Reactions: 45bvtc, A3-Lee, DAYTONA 500 and 1 other person
More importantly

I'm sure we all want to be thought of as a really nice bunch of people, remember Sandra and Audi didn't have to lay this on for us.

I have sent a big thankyou email to Andy Poole and the head of business from myself, complimenting them on the day.

Reactions: 45bvtc and DAYTONA 500
@Veneeringman @ACWKGYTO thank you Sean and Alex. I will be speaking with Andy later today to thank him personally for such a wonderful day that Stafford Audi put on for you guys. :) x

Reactions: desertstorm, 45bvtc, DAYTONA 500 and 1 other person
More importantly

100% Sean AND another wonderful and memorable AUDI experience day.

Castlewood Cafe on the A518 was just a blur in the side windows; six times for me: RS7, RS5 and S8 in that order... DAYTONA500 didn't stop there either...

Took the S1 (amazing tool) and SQ5 (and it wasn't till I got back that Andy Poole told me it was a V6 twin turbo diesel, duh!) the other way out to Woodseaves.

Where were you?

USER nametags for the next event, please! I've logged lots of faces (and hats! sidibear!) but very few names - but that's not unusual for me...

Reactions: DAYTONA 500 and Sandra
I will try organise name tags for the next event. :) x

Reactions: 45bvtc and desertstorm
I never noticed the shoulder pack, I rarely use flash for events opting for a Rotolite instead if I need fill in light.

Much prefer natural light myself whenever possible but flash is a necessary evil at weddings sometimes.

Right here's what I drove on the day.

Started with the S1, it felt pretty quick to be honest, well put that down to its size really and the noise. Which bring me into the next point, man that thing was noisy, very noisy! Cabin was no where near as refined / quiet when compared to a S3 but I can see people's pro / cons for both. Cramped left leg as well but my partner has a A1 so I was expecting that anyways. Fun little car though so I can see the attraction, was strange driving a performance manual again, not something I've missed.

081bb64ea70313793efe2dab07f55000.jpg

Next was the S8, straight to the other end of the scale. Again you could tell it was quick but only by looking at the speedo could you tell just how quick. It didn't drive like it looks, handled pretty well to be fair but make no mistake it's a big heavy car. I can see the point of it on. AutoBahn in Germany but I love my rural road blast ( only place to have fun in UK really ) and it's not best suited to that.

4ee2a8f7b4032709a2092db23312b4a9.jpg

Next I asked for a Q7, yes a Q7. Wanted to see what it was like to drive something that big and emposing. Tell you what I was impressed, with the S8 was hard to judge size / dimensions but with the added height of a Q7 it was great. Quite liked lording it over people, felt pretty good lol. Interior showing its age ( new one announced ). All in all I liked it, maybe when I'm older and have no care for speed anymore, 3.0l diesel wasn't quick at all, shame it wasn't the W12 diesel Great colour as well.

f37749354f58f03cdba8d722dcb8f9ca.jpg

Next up the car that made me change my order from Java Green to Porsche Viper Green. This poor RS5 over a year old and still no home. After the embarrassment of having 2 ultra rare Porsche Viper Green Audi's in the same place at the same time I got to driving it. Man that thing made some noise but unlike a S1 this thing made it in a very good way. Again size wasn't a issue unlike the RS6 I've driven on a different occasion. Interiors is long over due as is the A4 range, never been a huge fan of the set back screen with surround, etc. Performance was very good but most shocking was the way I had to fight with the steering under full throttle. The ride was very trashy under acceleration, didn't feel particularly stable at all.

97be7708efe75b14366c898e9a84a5ca.jpg

Save the best till last, the last of the RS range I was yet to drive the RS7. I really enjoyed this car, brimmed full of tech but in a god awful boring colour. Performance of this thing was immense, was more like a S8 in terms of noise ( none of the roaring RS5 ). Was very refined and sporty at the same time, like a bigger faster 8V S3. Felt great to drive and could definitely through it around the country lanes as if it was a much smaller car.

MUCH preferred it to a V8 R8, if I was to spend 90k+ on 1 performance Audi I think this would be it. Would have to be in some awesome colour though with the aluminium pack ( the one above is far far too reserved).

29b92355305dc55b1174a4242d89ae3c.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Nilz, 45bvtc and Vertigo1
Evening all. I spoke with Andy Poole from Stafford Audi today and he asked me to pass on a big thank you to you all for attending. All the staff were pleased to have you in their dealership and enjoyed meeting with you all. He wanted to say a special thanks to those of you under 25 for your patience on waiting while he checked the insurance for you to drive the cars.

Reactions: Nilz, A3-Lee, 45bvtc and 2 others
100% Sean AND another wonderful and memorable AUDI experience day.

Castlewood Cafe on the A518 was just a blur in the side windows; six times for me: RS7, RS5 and S8 in that order... DAYTONA500 didn't stop there either...

Took the S1 (amazing tool) and SQ5 (and it wasn't till I got back that Andy Poole told me it was a V6 twin turbo diesel, duh!) the other way out to Woodseaves.

Where were you?

USER nametags for the next event, please! I've logged lots of faces (and hats! sidibear!) but very few names - but that's not unusual for me...

Very busy at the moment, so i'm afraid these 'Driving' days come second to keeping my customers happy.

Also having been to Silverstone, Wychwood park and Knowsley Audi sport showcase last year eases the pain.

Reactions: 45bvtc
Just noticed that torch that Stafford Audi gave us all in our goody bags is £21 RRP

LED torch light. Pocket size LED torch featuring the Audi logo. Can be recharged using the cigarette lighter or 12V socket on your car, part number 4F0947175

Thats very generous !

Reactions: A3-Lee, 45bvtc and jojo