[Feb 8, 2015] Stafford Audi Dealership Event (Stafford)

Counting down the hours now. Get a good sleep and enjoy.

Never grow up! Never grow up!

If a RS Audi don't excite you (without a salesman beside...) then your dyin' already; and I know you're not; not with that stunning green S3 machine anyway.

Never grow up! Never grow up! Every tomorrow is more than just another day...

And this'll be my 70th 7th of February and I'm way excited, and me driving there in an RS3 too...

Make way, I'll be after anything and everything...

Sorry should explain, I'm excited but the level of excitement of when I collected The Hulk is on another level lol

GOOD morning everyone; the weather is looking just perfect, couldn't wish for a better February morning: zero wind, hazy sunshine, but a 'thin' layer of ice on the bird's water bowl

So a big THANKS to Sandra, she obviously had some input into the weather, too

ENJOY the day, I'm so excited...
:racer:

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandra, Moschops and DAYTONA 500
Morning guys/girls thick fog where I am ,drive safely and see you all shortly.:thumbs up:

Reactions: Sandra and Moschops
Morning guys, have a really super time. The guys and girls at Stafford Audi will look after you all. Drive safe. I look forward to hearing all about your day and i will put up a feedback thread this afternoon so if you could spare a few minutes i would appreciate you comments for the dealership..

ENJOY. :) x x

Reactions: 45bvtc
Maybe after these visits the minority on this site will stop calling them stealers.

Last edited:
Reactions: DAYTONA 500 and Sandra
Can't wait to get up there to be honest! Should be up around 12! RS5:photo:

Reactions: Sandra
Sandra myself and john have both turned up and have been told we can't drive because we are under 25... Even though we were told we could

Sandra myself and john have both turned up and have been told we can't drive because we are under 25... Even though we were told we could
I will speak to Anna and see what problem is.

Very very disappointed! I have been looking forward to this event for a number of weeks now! Turned up today to be told I can't drive! As I am under the age of 25! My friend and I was specifically told that we would be able to drive the car as they had covered us on the insurance ... I was also informed by another member of the dealership that 2 other under 25s were let down . Such a shame as I and my friend had both booked days off work so we could make sure we attended the event we had been looking forward to ,meaning we had wasted our day and also lost money .

Reactions: Jake Fowler
Sorry guys, we couldn't make it in the end. Little one wasnt great and then she fell asleep! Hopefully she'll be more cooperative for the Stoke meet :)

As John as said myself and him were very disappointed at this! The guys didn't even seem to care that they had ruined our day! This was going to be a potential buy for myself as john ... I've been looking at the s5 and John at the s3 so would have been a perfect opportunity to spend a bit longer with the cars then the normal test drive

Reactions: john71482
I trying to sort this for you guys. Im currently waiting on a reply. I cant apologise enough for this.

The under 25 test drives were sorted out towards the end of the afternoon, and when they did get the test drive came back with broad grins on faces !
Was great to meet everyone, a really friendly and knowledgeable bunch of people, well done to Sandra :anbet:and Stafford Audi an excellent day :applaus:

Just want to say a massive thanks to Sandra and the Stafford Audi team for sorting out the Audi test day, it's been an absolutely fantastic day, we have driven some amazing cars and all had a great time. Thank you again Sandra for sorting it all out.

Chris.

Reactions: Nilz and 45bvtc
OK, I've been called an Audi 'tart' before and I'm sure I will again, especially after today...

And what a day; sunny and dry to start but misty and damp at Stafford Audi; but these are all 4-wheel drive beasties and its slippy/slidy stuff out there.

Some are standing around somewhat surprised that they're just getting a set of keys to whatever and told to go and 'experience'.

Not me; I know what's coming and can't wait to get my hands on the RS7; everything else will be judged against it as for me the RS7 ticks all of my boxes. And so it did; out on my prescribed route to Uttoxeter and back with some mid 3-figure numbers shown on the head-up: kept trying to get closer to that display but couldn't. Came back exhausted, how can you improve on the engine/brakes/dynamics of this machine?

A coffee, a quick chat, a "who wants a go in an RS5?" and my hand going for the ceiling lights. This is the old RS5, Stafford Audi has had it some time, and the tyres are seriously well run in. Same route but hey, this thing is a' sliding like the RS7 didn't. However, I've now an RS4 stuck-to-me-bum so I need to push; push and slide, push and slide. A great noise the RS5 makes must have woken up several road users between Stafford and Uttoxeter but hey, the morning's getting on. The RS5 certainly entertaing a Mercedes with a '63' on the boot, s Daytona500 in the RS4 behind witnessed.

Another coffee and bacon butty. The S1; hand up again; been practicing clutch-in, move that lever with the knob on, and clutch out for two weeks now so we're thinking we're ok... We obviously need more practice; however, what a superb motor car: brakes, steering, interior trim, and noise, just about everything is ticking all the right boxes...

Andy Poole keeps on saying I've got to try the S8, "you MUST try the S8" again and again.

OK, we'll give it a go. A different route but ok. 1000yards and were both speaking words I don't want to print here but WOW! What a piece of machinery. This is some big piece of machinery that gave a XKR Jaguar driver a work-out (and lost...) The short run was extended, doubled maybe, and this piece of machinery was hugely impressive in every way; brake and steering feel on the damp, undulating, duck and dive roads was hugely impressive; I couldn't fault it. I didn't try what 'jojo' did mind, and 'desertstorm' will be happy if he doesn't do it again with him passenger, either...

What else? Who wants a go in an SQ5 shouts Andy Poole and this bl**dy hand is in the air again with me looking at it...

OK! The SQ5 is a twin turbo diesel; now I didn't know that until I got back! Believe me, I DID NOT KNOW IT WAS A DIESEL. I'll be checking later; but this thing was, again, amazing! Out on the twisty, wet stuff, and this thing was behaving like a hooligan, just like all the others, actually...

A FULL day. A WONDERFUL, MEMORABLE day! I cannot thank Sandra and Stafford Audi enough, for me the most comprehensive motoring experience I/we've ever had.

I bet Andy Poole sleeps well tonight, he worked all day without fade, and must be congratulated: I bet he sleeps well tonight; as I will.

Thank you is NOT enough but it's 100% sincere.

Audi Sales brochures and tape measures are out again; what an incredible array of motor cars these AUDI guys have. :applaus:

TO END: I want to thank Sandra for arranging this event; I want to thank Stafford Audi, everyone at Stafford Audi from TOP to BOTTOM; the directors, the sales guys, the customer service guys, the wash guys, the receptionist who's name I've forgotten but carried on professionally while the rest of us were being organised by Andy Poole but still took time to be courteous and nice.

But 100% to Andy Poole and Chris Jones and Phil Cole and Dave (A4 on the A5 who I thought was tagging me and my RS3).

One other person, my wife (RS3copilot): how she sits quietly by my side in some unknown car with me giving it the full beans on damp roads with sub 3ºC ambient temperatures is beyond me; I couldn't do it.

THANK YOU... I'll NEVER forget the day.

Oh, and for you guys that are too young to be given the keys of a near new 552bhp/516lb/ft Audi RS6/7 just think of the time in the future when you will. There's better to come and you'll be able to experience.

And I'll swap you youth for experience (i.e., cheap insurance, etc) anytime...

Reactions: Nilz and Arrkon
The under 25 test drives were sorted out towards the end of the afternoon, and when they did get the test drive came back with broad grins on faces !
Was great to meet everyone, a really friendly and knowledgeable bunch of people, well done to Sandra :anbet:and Stafford Audi an excellent day :applaus:
Well we got told to go home and come back another day as we werent going to get a drive today and we even left our numbers to be contacted if they were able to give us a drive!

Well we got told to go home and come back another day as we werent going to get a drive today and we even left our numbers to be contacted if they were able to give us a drive!

The under 25s I met got a drive in the last hour and before that went

as passengers with others including myself

I can understand your frustration I'd be the same, but from what Andy Stafford Audi said

they had to get special clearance from their insurers and that took them some time to sort out

It was their first ever event like this so unfortunately there was bound to be at least one issue, the rest of the day was spot on in my opinion.

The under 25s I met got a drive in the last hour and before that went

as passengers with others including myself

I can understand your frustration I'd be the same, but from what Andy Stafford Audi said

they had to get special clearance from their insurers and that took them some time to sort out

It was their first ever event like this so unfortunately there was bound to be at least one issue, the rest of the day was spot on in my opinion.
We were actually told weeks before the event the u25 insurance was sorted and I've been into the dealership 3 times since and they said it was all fine until today!

We were actually told weeks before the event the u25 insurance was sorted and I've been into the dealership 3 times since and they said it was all fine until today!

Sorry to hear that Jake & John you sound gutted, I would be too !

Well you have two more chances at Stoke and Crewe

Put it down to teething problems, todays event was extraordinary in my opinion

Give it another go...will taste even better next time

Reactions: Nilz and Arrkon
****** Fantastic day, was great to meet you all.

But not as great as driving that insane RS6 :jump:

Reactions: Nilz, DAYTONA 500, 45bvtc and 4 others
****** Fantastic day, was great to meet you all.

But not as great as driving that insane RS6 :jump:

Did you enjoy your passenger ride with a 24 year old slightly mad man lol

Reactions: Nilz and ACWKGYTO