Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Audi Main Dealer
Platinum Supporter
Reaction score
Sandra submitted a new Showcase Item:

** Feedback For Birmingham Audi (lister Group) **

Firstly I want to thank The Lister Group for having members of Audi-sport.net. Special thanks to Mark Rennie (Head of Marketing for the Lister Group) Special thanks also to Joe Tompkins (Head of Business at Birmingham Audi) and all the staff that made this such a wonderful day.
Can you all leave a comment to let the dealership know what you thought of your day. Thank you :) x

Read more about this showcase item here...

Last edited:
Reactions: AD & DK - Jones, 45bvtc and Nilz
Great day great dealership staff all very welcoming and pleasant food was fantastic all round a fantastic meet

Reactions: 45bvtc, Nilz and Sandra
Thanks Birmingham Audi and Sandra, fantastic day and some good food to top it off

Thanks to Birmingham Lister Audi and Sandra for sorting this :)
Great day out, nice to meet some other forum members. Nice drive out in the RS3, Had 4 people in the car so couldn't really explore the capabilities of the car but it does drive very well. A little small for an everyday car for me though.
Very impressed with the dealership and the staff, all very knowledgeable and approachable. Food definitely 10 /10 was looking for a doggy bag but I suspect they would have had to charge 5p for one of those.

Karl.

There's no doubt that Birmingham Audi (Solihull) have a superb venue; the introduction was superbly presented, this followed by an introduction into the workshops with questions invited were done brilliantly, thank you. Not sure how we got from there to the first (and only) car at 12-o'clock but for some reason I/we gained a passenger; taller than we were he had to sit in the back of a TT; and disappointingly for me it had 3-pedals and a stick-thingy to select gears.

However, off we went and it was ok; that this Mk3 TT had 300bhp over the 211bhp in our 2010 TT had me wondering some and I'm sure I asked the man cramped into the back seats if he was sure of the 'beasts' BHP, and he was. To be honest there was nothing we preferred to the machine we have already; we didn't like the 'press this pedal', 'push that button', press that other pedal', and 'pull that lever', just to get it started and moving. And where went the 'torques'? OK, on paper this TT has the BHP but it sure didn't feel like it and the very nice Birmingham Audi (Solihull) employee in the back was at 11-stone maximum but there you go.

Drive done and to lunch and these Birmingham Audi (Solihull) people were way over the top; the selection was just amazing, and the quality of each bite, for us, faultless. I can't say better than that for us it was as good as it gets; thank you Birmingham Audi (Solihull).

Meandering around the cars for sale was again amazing with a superb selection of motor vehicles on offer but oh how I wish they'd do something about all them rusty brake discs/hubs. I mean, the TT we were out in was less that 6-months old and all 4-brake disc hubs were red-rust! Hello! C'mon! Superb open spoke wheels showing red-rusty hubs. I did take two Birmingham Audi (Solihull) sales persons to task over this issue but hey: ducks backs and water...

All said we enjoyed the day. Some REALLY nice people.... And with Sandra posting at 06.00 this morning, so she must have been up, washed, and ready; I reckon she could have made the venue had she set out rather than wishing everyone a good day.

I enjoyed meeting the ASN people. I enjoyed meeting Nilz and his family and hope they enjoyed the RS3 ride; his son Shayan already an RS whatever future owner.

A last word of THANKS to Sandra without whom none of this would be possible, the girl's a gem; hats off...
:hi:

Last edited:
Reactions: Nilz and Sandra
Ok Sandra, here's a sample of what you and yours missed:

P1020456_zps9oaatvd0.jpg

And we were 20-minutes late and this isn't all of the table but ALL was yum, yum, yum, Sandra... Yum...

Thank you Sandra. :hi:

Yum...

PS: Drove home in BLUEY and was content, all three of us were...:yes:

Reactions: Nilz and jojo
Brilliant day at Birmingham Audi massive thanks to Joe and his very informative team for putting in so much effort to give us such a cracking day, the whole day has been amazing I managed to get a drive in both the RS4 and RS6 which were crazy fast cars absolute beasts. I also drove the A3 TDi cabriolet, "yes with the roof down listening to Peter Andre Mysterious Girl" so fitted the part well :tearsofjoy: I must say the food that they laid on today was fantastic the best we have had we were truly spoilt today.

1BCC20F9-337B-416E-9FAF-6B739BF0CE45.jpg

Welcome to Birmingham Audi

5C37A828-117B-4A20-8761-B4BFD10C8054.jpg

A decent turn out too this was the pre drive briefing and a chance to get to know Joe and his team.

2310907F-BB8F-44A5-B5F3-4EA4E5504050.jpg

View from upstairs was great an envious garage with some unique Audi paint colours

B98D3E2E-B773-4B99-B9F8-A989E1D5B83F.jpg

9826325E-A4AA-4DAA-89EA-5E978597A35D.jpg

F7A4AA27-8D19-4E16-A1A6-FC77B4AEE074.jpg

552FC69A-F63C-4085-A963-EF319A3AA988.jpg

First part of the tour was the garage where the magic happens and you could literally eat your dinner off the floor

37B02F4B-0282-438D-8E85-197E05D8467B.jpg

5FC16045-E372-427C-9A05-6191828ED4FD.jpg

A very indepth chat about the technology used to work on our vehicles

2EFDB58C-669E-44D2-BE63-64E783A97B2D.jpg

The Customer handover area I was hoping that RS7 was for me

3AD8E5FD-4252-4F2B-ACC7-EBF8272493BA_1.jpg

082B4D96-EEFF-4709-8C32-DE2C6E989E4E.jpg

214EC397-E042-4940-9A12-406F18A60299.jpg

5424CE53-FF07-49D5-A7E8-6373F204D4BD.jpg

D45260C3-53A1-42B9-8242-968AD46384F2.jpg

Out to the cars to start the drives, the RS3 and RS6 are amazing cars look at those sexy arches.

CD2A9C50-613F-4597-A5B9-DFDC33E9F460.jpg

3930584C-C75B-4277-A5F1-EA0DE1FFEA01.jpg

Time for a spot of lunch this was the spread absolutely delicious, strangely the dessert platter vanished quite quickly :D

Back to the last few test drives after lunch before we head off home.

A5C0F0B7-2E3B-4B24-9E24-5A1C655D9E99.jpg

Few of our cars slightly down on power compared to the RS cars lol.

F54353EF-877D-4B55-A885-484EA698D65E.jpg

The Virtual Reality went down a storm with JT it's called Oculus Rift there were 5 different videos on there that you really thought you were part of, obviously I went for the R8 race lol.

6C0D41AD-5002-48A4-B69B-5A2E93B864F2.jpg

Good bye and thanks for the chance to drive some amazing cars.

Also I want to say a massive thanks to Sandra for all the work time and effort you put in to these Audi driving events, we all had a great day and if it wasn't for you opportunities like these wouldn't happen. It's a great opportunity for enthusiasts and Audi dealers to meet to share the passion we have for the brand. It's also great to meet up with fellow forum members who are more local to each other who we only really see once or twice at the major events.

All in all today has been a fantastic day at Birmingham Audi and none of this would have happened without Sandra many thanks from all of us.

Reactions: 45bvtc, jojo and Sandra
A big thanks to you Sandra and Mark Rennie and all of Birmingham Audi for organising this. Had a great day, me and my girlfriend had never been to one of these before.

We got there slightly early (didn't know what sort of traffic to expect, the 40 and 42 are very hard to predict), nevertheless we went inside and had a quick browse, staff were very welcoming to us, very impressed by the building also, then the briefing began, tour of the workshop which was interesting, especially seeing a car with it's engine out!

With our test drive at 12 there wasn't too much time to explore the workshop in depth, especially as I didn't bring the right paperwork (Silly me), this was quickly sorted and soon after that the test drives began, I went in the e-tron accompanied by my girlfriend and the salesman Dan, nice bloke, enjoyed the chat and talking about the car and other various Audi's (very impressed with the e-tron by the way!), got back, took loads of pictures which I'll be putting on Instagram shortly, had a very nice buffet (thank you to whoever organised that!) browsed more cars, found that I wouldn't be able to live with the TT because there is simply no room in the back! Bought a keyring and a 1:43 scale model of the original Quattro, when I saw it I knew I had to have it. :)

So yeah, a great opportunity (hoping to go back and test the Q7) so once again thank you Sandra and Birmingham Audi!

Reactions: Nilz, 45bvtc and Sandra
I won't drone on too much but merely echo all the comments above.

Excellent day, very well organised and a big thanks to all at the dealership. This is actually my local dealer so some of the staff know me quite well as I've been taking my cars there since they opened. They're always very helpful and today was no exception.

Elected to drive the TT as I've been lucky enough to drive most of the RS models previously so thought I'd give others a go. Was actually a TTS rather than a basic TT which was a nice surprise and they let me out in it by myself which was a bonus. To contrast the comments above, I was glad it was a manual as I'm not much for autos myself (just personal preference, let's not start a war) and it went pretty well I must say, once I got the slower traffic on the back roads out of the way. A bonus of being local is I know the area so knew where to go :)

On that last point, perhaps an idea for future meets would be for anyone local or who knows the area to perhaps point out some likely driving routes beforehand. I'm sure many who have no idea where to go for decent roads would appreciate the info ahead of time.

Reactions: 45bvtc and Sandra
Had a great time. Was good to meet a few of you.
Sorry I left early, was double booked and needed to shoot off to make dinner for the family !

Really enjoyed driving the RS4 even though we didn't get to open it up as much as I'd have liked due to traffic.

Few of my pictures for you .

a few more will be found on my flickr album when they are uploaded : https://www.flickr.com/photos/bztphoto/albums/72157659607132230

21657155224_d930cd6275_b.jpg

21657149004_8a3ae4be80_b.jpg

22267035282_d2b962bce0_b.jpg

Started to rain as soon as I went outside to get some pics of the members cars so not as many as i'd have liked. I have more to upload soon though.
22091840800_365977c2a2_b.jpg

22093053749_742f506871_b.jpg

Reactions: 45bvtc and Sandra
Well well, there's nothing much more I can really ad but to echo many of the comments above.

Massive thanks to Joe, Mark, the rest of the Audi Staff and Lister's Audi for inviting Audi-sport.net to such an event/experience! I really had a great day out, even got behind the wheel of the A3 E-Tron, which has surprised me with it's refinement and performance!

And a sterling effort from our very own Sandra! I'm going to give you the biggest hug if I ever get to meet you! :cheerful:

Reactions: Sandra, Nilz, 45bvtc and 2 others
Well well, there's nothing much more I can really ad but to echo many of the comments above.

Massive thanks to Joe, Mark, the rest of the Audi Staff and Lister's Audi for inviting Audi-sport.net to such an event/experience! I really had a great day out, even got behind the wheel of the A3 E-Tron, which has surprised me with it's refinement and performance!

And a sterling effort from our very own Sandra! I'm going to give you the biggest hug if I ever get to meet you! :cheerful:

Hows about a 2016 convoy to Ayrshire to do just that... :racer: this girl's due one heck of a hug....

Reactions: Nilz

Of course, as I'm typing this at work, I knew I'd miss something out!

I'd like to also thank our fellow ASN members for making the effort to turn up for this meet also. And always good to catch up with old friends I've met over the years! Cheers.

Hows about a 2016 convoy to Ayrshire to do just that... :racer: this girl's due one heck of a hug....

John, if I could get the time off, I would!

Fantastic day, nice to meet some old and new faces and got me some RS6 action.
Well done and thank you to all involved in the organisation.

A "few" pics :wink:

Reactions: 45bvtc, Sandra and Nilz
Big thankyou to Sandra and all at Birmingham Audi for organising this event, it was my 1st meet and sure it won't be my last.

Some very knowledgable guys working at this dealer who seemed just as passionate about Audi as us. Although I'm a regular down their so I didn't expect less tbh.

Very nice spread laid on for lunch too.

Much respect to Mark for letting us drive his very own RS4, very brave indeed.

Only scary thing about today is I'm now desperately trying to figure out how I can finance a S8!

Reactions: Sandra
Just wanting to say a huge thank you to everyone who made yesterday possible! It was my first meet too, and definitely wont be my last. Ive got the bug! Everyone was really accommodating and friendly and it was nice to see so many gorgeous cars! To be able to experience lots in one day was really great! Personal highlight had to have been the sound of the RS4 - just beautiful! Thanks to @Tangooneone for letting us have a ride in his S3 too! Huge thanks must go to @Sandra for all her sterling efforts! There isn't much more i can say that hasn't already been said and that echoes what a fantastic day it was! :) Looking forward to the next one already! :D A few of my photos are on my instagram - feel fee to pop on and see https://instagram.com/laudavis86/ xxx

Hey @laudavis , I didnt get a chance to say hello, but glad you enjoyed the meet, there are plenty more meets in the Midlands and throughout the year that we get together to, so keep an eye on the posts, you will be more than welcome there :)

Also, now you have the bug...theres no going back..lol!!

Hi @Nilz, thanks very much! I think everyone needed badges with their forum names on so we could identify people! I'd definitely like to come to more so I need to keep my eyes peeled on what's going on!! Xx

Hi @Nilz, thanks very much! I think everyone needed badges with their forum names on so we could identify people! I'd definitely like to come to more so I need to keep my eyes peeled on what's going on!! Xx

That's a very good idea, name badges all around

Reactions: 45bvtc, laudavis and Nilz
We do have a template that we used at previous shows, but that was more for the car than individuals.

I'm a bit late leaving feedback, so my apologies but I just wanted to say a big thank you to Sandra and the folks at Solihull Audi who arranged such a great meet.

My apologies to everyone else for arriving late also!

It was a fantastic day; great to see not only some of the dealer car's but forum member's Audi's as well. I took a particular liking to an 8L S3 (Grey i think), which some awesome rim's. Whoever's that is, Kudos to you, car looks awesome. The RS4 I got to drive also didn't disappoint with the member of staff accompanying us also giving us a laugh.

Also @Nilz hopefully next time we can chat a little longer! I hope you and the little one enjoyed the ride out in the RS3.

Hopefully won't be too long before we all get to meet up again.

- Omar.

Reactions: Nilz and Sandra
Massive thank you to The Lister Group for looking after us on the day, their customer service is spot on, from the reception staff who are fantastic to the service team to the sales staff, they are just focused on making your experience a good one. Top class place.

And of course a massive thank you to Sandra for sorting the day! >.< x

This item has been removed.