Not open for further replies.

Sandra

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Audi Main Dealer
Platinum Supporter
Reaction score
Hi everyone, another great event. Hope you all enjoyed. Can you please leave feedback comments for me to pass back to the dealership.
Firstly, I personally wish to thank Anna Ling, Francesca Beswick You Ladies are a credit to The Swansway Garage Group and a pleasure to work with arranging these meets for the audi-sport.net members, also thank you to John Nimbley ( head of Business at Crewe Audi) and Audi UK for all your help in making this happen. Big thank you to al the Staff at Crewe Audi for making this such a great day for audi-sport.net members

Sandra :) :applaus::encouragement:

Reactions: Ghost and rhubarb4
Food: Good
Gifts: Very good
Friendliness: Very good
Cars: Bad ( see below )

Basically any normal day, ask for a test drive and go out with someone in the car, normal chat chat etc. Night and day difference to the previous other events at Stafford and Stoke.

Reactions: rhubarb4
8Q6ip3C.jpg

Reactions: The Challinor
Drinks: Excellent
Gifts: Excellent
Hospitality & Friendliness: Excellent
Cars: As post #2

Many thanks to they guys at Crewe Audi for hosting this event.
Workshop Techs (Steve & Alex) were excellent

Bit disappointed about the drive event - I expected it to be more in line with the Audi Sport Showcase day, where you were left with the keys for 45 mins.
Instead they were all accompanied drives with a member from the Sales Team - which is something we could have done on a "normal" walk in day.

Big thumbs up to the staff though, very friendly and communicative.

An excellent day today. A huge thank you to John Nimbley, John Oakley, Richard Platt, Josh, Steve and Alex for giving up your Sunday. I managed to find the bacon rolls this time.

As for the other comments about the driving. I thought it was a good idea of how it went after seeing how some drove at Stafford and Stoke with no respect to the vehicles. You have to remember all the cars used have to sold.

If someone wants to thrash an Audi try this site www.audi.co.uk/about-audi/audi-driving-experiences.html. I have done this twice and it is an excellent experience.

Reactions: Arrkon, Ghost, T-800 and 2 others
Hi everyone, another great event. Hope you all enjoyed. Can you please leave feedback comments for me to pass back to the dealership.
Firstly, I personally wish to thank Anna Ling, Francesca Beswick You Ladies are a credit to The Swansway Garage Group and a pleasure to work with arranging these meets for the audi-sport.net members, also thank you to John Nimbley ( head of Business at Crewe Audi) and Audi UK for all your help in making this happen. Big thank you to al the Staff at Crewe Audi for making this such a great day for audi-sport.net members

Sandra :) :applaus::encouragement:
Had good day today staff at Crewe were very friendly and helpful disappointed as the only car i wanted to test drive had just been sold

Reactions: Ghost
Understand where Audimad is coming from (and I have no idea what happened at Stoke & Stafford), but:

1. The expectation was that there would be unaccompanied drives. If this was not to be the case, then it should have been said earlier.

2. Speeding - it's your licence

3. Damage notwithstanding (and unacceptable) - Are S and RS cars not up to be driven hard or enthusiastically? ;)

4. When I put my car in for a service, I get a courtesy car - a whole day, unaccompanied. These then do go on to be sold too.

Why would you think I'd "thrash" a new car lent to me?!

I'm not having a go, just a case of expectations not being met.

Did whatever happen at Stoke and Stafford influence the decision not to offer unaccompanied drives at Crewe?

:)

A massive thanks to the Crewe Audi Staff, John Nimbley, Richard Platt, John Oakley, Steve Josh and Alex for giving up your day off. It was a little different to the last to gatherings at Stoke and Stafford, it was accompanied test drives which understandably is due to what happened to a vehicle at Stoke that had some damage, but all in all it was a great event. The staff there could not have been more friendly and welcoming, the lovely receptionist (unfortunately I missed her name) welcomed me in and informed me of how the day was going to go and also supplied endless cups of hot chocolate lol. We were taken around the garage and given great talks by there master technician.

I had a drive in the new S3 S-tronic which was a super drive very smooth and plenty of power on tap. I waited for a slot later on which was well worth the wait as I was taken out in the RS7, what an amazing car absolutely brutal acceleration, the wait was very rewarding and I was left grinning from ear to ear.

All in all a great day and again a huge thanks to the staff from Crewe Audi.
Also a huge thank you to Sandra for organising these events for us.

Hospitality: Excellent
Cars: Good
Free gifts: Excellent
Staff: Excellent

Chris.

Reactions: Ghost, 45bvtc, T-800 and 2 others
Damaged vehicle at Stoke?

Disgraceful....

It amazes me how people behave when things are 'free' and not their property.....

Especially when Sandra & ASN lay on these events, I've spoken to a couple of people that didn't like what they saw at Stafford Audi & I'm sure now something similar must have gone on at Stoke.

If you take the p**s then Crewe have every right to go out on the test drives.

These are free so stop bl**dy whinging......

Reactions: DAYTONA 500, Ghost and Sandra
What happened at Stafford then?

For me it was no where near as good, was disappointed.

Fell in love with the S3 at the Audi Sport Showcase so unattended test drives do work.

There is a very simple solution, after each car comes back you and the person running the event does a check of bodywork, wheels, etc and if all is ok it's clear to go out again. Again to be double safe take a mixture before you drive a car to check wheels, etc to ensure there is no damage. That way get best of both worlds and if something happens the culprit is fully accountable.

I enjoyed both Stafford and Stoke meets and am disappointed to have missed Crewe; I'd have been happy to have chauffeured anyone.

I'm not aware of any car being damaged at Stoke by anyone and I went back on the following Monday for an Audi pen (gift) replacement; I took time to thank the people there and at no time was I told of any damage to any car so to hear of it now is a surprise.

A BIG vote of appreciation should go to Sandra and ALL at the Swansway Group (Stafford, Stoke, and Crewe): willing to attend any other meet chauffeured or not...

I've a friend in Ingolstadt, an Audi/Porsche owner; he just cannot believe what Audi provide here for us enthusiasts as nothing of its sort is provided in Germany.

Sorry we missed Crewe...

Reactions: DAYTONA 500, Sandra and Ghost
What happened at Stafford then?

For me it was no where near as good, was disappointed.

Fell in love with the S3 at the Audi Sport Showcase so unattended test drives do work.

There is a very simple solution, after each car comes back you and the person running the event does a check of bodywork, wheels, etc and if all is ok it's clear to go out again. Again to be double safe take a mixture before you drive a car to check wheels, etc to ensure there is no damage. That way get best of both worlds and if something happens the culprit is fully accountable.

Unattended test drives? When we bought our S3 Sportback i never even had a test drive, attended or unattended. I saw the S3 in the showroom (it had just been put in there that day) and decided to have it. I got to drive it a week later on the day we picked it up. :)

I
I'm not aware of any car being damaged at Stoke by anyone and I went back on the following Monday for an Audi pen (gift) replacement; I took time to thank the people there and at no time was I told of any damage to any car so to hear of it now is a surprise.

What was the problem with the Audi Pen John ,did it squeak whilst writing?:jump:[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Reactions: voorhees, Arrkon, 45bvtc and 2 others
Did exactly the same with the A2.

Same here with BLUEY: saw it, touched it, opened and shut the doors, and bought it; all in less than 5-minutes...

Reactions: Ghost
First of all to thank Crewe Audi for their invitation, they did an excellent job on the day, we should never complain or compare as this is a free no obligation test drive on the best Audi cars, which cannot be found at any dealers, this is a well planed by Sandra's team plus the support of Swansway Garage Group that made our day special.
I guest this the last event for now until July for the big event .Thank you everyone and it was great to meet up with the gang again.

Reactions: 45bvtc, Sandra and Ghost
I really enjoyed attending the Crewe event. Thank you for the opportunity to test the cars. It was a privilege to speak to Alex and Steve (the tech team). They were very interesting and gave lots of insight to the service audi give. Superb!

Hospitality: Excellent
Cars: Good
Free gifts: Excellent
Staff: Excellent

Tom

Reactions: 45bvtc and Sandra
I wasn't aware of any damaged vechicles at the Stoke event. I thought it was a bit much that somebody brought the SQ5 back late on in the day and it looked like it had been on an off road course, covered in mud and looking a little sorry for itself.
I am sure they wouldn't have been very impressed with that.

Karl.

Reactions: 45bvtc and Sandra
At the very least a free test drive is the bear minimum to expect from any dealer, obviously don't expect a RS7 drive when your looking at a A4 etc.

If all events were the same then there would be noting to compare them to, but they were not so this made this one a poor event overall.

Too many are whinging and complaining about Crewe Audi and it's getting boring, "Crewe Audi didn't do this Crewe Audi didn't do that, Stafford and Stoke were better". Getting fed up of hearing it now.

Crewe, Stafford and Stoke Audi are all owned by the same family and i think when they read some of the moaners reviews then i don't think Audi Sport will be welcomed back.

I personally think it was a great day.

Reactions: Sandra, T-800 and 45bvtc
Funny how something free can still be moaned about.....
What next ? People wanting to be paid for going to these meets ?

Reactions: voorhees, 45bvtc, Sandra and 2 others
But to be fair it's true

No it isn't.

No offence Ben but you like some others have spat their dummies out because they wanted to thrash another S/RS Audi on their own and couldn't.

It was a great day, free food, free drinks, free gifts and people are still complaining.

Reactions: 45bvtc, Sandra, DAYTONA 500 and 2 others
Guys enough moaning and whinging. No one forced you to stay if you weren't happy. There were others there that enjoyed the day. Crewe Audi put on a great event and the continual moaning won't go unnoticed. So quit moaning and grow up. You guys need to appreciate that a lot of time and effort goes into planning these events, both this end and Crewe Audi end. they feed you. They treat you well, they even give you a nice gift. Where else do you get this? So think on before you moan and remember just because you didn't get to drive cars On your own. It was a meeting, not an off road showcase event or an Audi driving experience. So think carefully before you sit behind your keyboard and post anything else.

Reactions: Arrkon, voorhees, 45bvtc and 2 others
If you want a 'feedback thread' then this usually allows people to offer honest feedback. I can't see too much on here that's overstepped the mark. A lot of time and effort go into many things we do in life that don't hit the mark for everyone. Being free doesn't mean those things cant be improved or have weaknesses.Or things cant be learnt.
And smell the coffee, its in part a selling event. Either selling the Audi brand to enthusiasts even more or tempting others to spend cash with future purchases. And if actions such as not allowing unaccompanied test drives lead to one less sale, then it may be helpful feedback.

Of course if this ventures into the >50% of feedback requests in life that is all about an **** kissing exercise then in part the initial request and the supporting rounding on individuals who dare to offer feedback, then it has probably met its objectives.

Reactions: Darren92, veeeight and The Challinor
If you want a 'feedback thread' then this usually allows people to offer honest feedback. I can't see too much on here that's overstepped the mark. A lot of time and effort go into many things we do in life that don't hit the mark for everyone. Being free doesn't mean those things cant be improved or have weaknesses.Or things cant be learnt.
And smell the coffee, its in part a selling event. Either selling the Audi brand to enthusiasts even more or tempting others to spend cash with future purchases. And if actions such as not allowing unaccompanied test drives lead to one less sale, then it may be helpful feedback.

Of course if this ventures into the >50% of feedback requests in life that is all about an **** kissing exercise then in part the initial request and the supporting rounding on individuals who dare to offer feedback, then it has probably met its objectives.

Well said, could not agree with you more!

Wow.

Maybe it's time to lock this thread so that no further constructive feedback can be left ;)

"Only leave good feedback please" :p

Reactions: Darren92 and The Challinor
Guys enough moaning and whinging. No one forced you to stay if you weren't happy. There were others there that enjoyed the day. Crewe Audi put on a great event and the continual moaning won't go unnoticed. So quit moaning and grow up. You guys need to appreciate that a lot of time and effort goes into planning these events, both this end and Crewe Audi end. they feed you. They treat you well, they even give you a nice gift. Where else do you get this? So think on before you moan and remember just because you didn't get to drive cars On your own. It was a meeting, not an off road showcase event or an Audi driving experience. So think carefully before you sit behind your keyboard and post anything else.

Hear hear.

Reactions: DAYTONA 500, T-800 and Sandra
Its not that the OP is only looking for good feedback...

The Challinor give his feedback in post #2 and we’re still hearing about it in post #31
…and he had the answer to why the drive’s was supervised in the posts above. :banghead:

Berttie posted the car he wanted to drive was not available on the day, but I know Sandra will do all she can to have that there next time. :hi:

Sandra can only pass on you’re feedback and ideas, the final decision is with Audi.

Cars: Bad

For them who enjoyed the food more than a drive in an S3 RS4 RS7 and the TT …
Master Chef is on tonight at 8:30!!
:lmfao:

Reactions: DAYTONA 500
Different perspectives and all that:

There are at least 2 people on this thread that bought Audi cars with out driving them, or just opening the doors was enough for them to part with their cash.

Audi don't have to work to attract this fanbase - they will buy Audi's regardless.

Perhaps other people aren't so willing to part with their cash (I would say that the majority of car buying public would fall into this category) - and to be accused to just wanting to "thrash" the cars is perhaps a little accusatory.

For other marques (eg: Mercedes) - for them to attract new (as opposed to established loyal fans) customers - an unaccompanied test drive is pretty much the norm.

As I said earlier - I put my car in for service or warranty work - I get given a courtesy car all day - unaccompanied of course ;)

I took my A2 for a service and i was very disappointed when i wasn't given an RS7 as i courtesy car. :lmfao:

Porsche treat their prospective and existing customers to a Porsche Driving Experience at Silverstone ;)

Free :)

Complete with skid pan and track :)

(And to be fair to Audi, I've attended 3 Audi Sport Showcase Events - 45 minute unaccompanied drives, in RS4's, RS6's, R8 V10's etc. All free, of course, with lunch :) I bought my S3 shortly after one of those events.)

Status
Not open for further replies.