Administrator
Audi Main Dealer
Platinum Supporter
Reaction score
Last edited:
Reactions: audismart and Ian Whiffen
IMG 8817
IMG 8823
Thanks to the team at Ipswich Audi for their hospitality and good range of available cars to us today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: audismart, Ian Whiffen, Ghost and 2 others
I would just like to thank Sandra for a superb day out today she organised for us at the new Audi dealership in Ipswich, it was fantastic, the hospitality by the team at Audi was spot on, they couldn't have be more helpful, I didn't get to go out in the the R8 but then we weren't allowed to drive it unfortunately, but on the upside I did get to drive The RS6, the SQ7 and S3 which was absolutely awesome, wow those cars are impressive, we had a great tour around the building which included seeing an R8 on the ramps in the workshop and the tech guy Jason there really knows his stuff.
Was great to meet everyone who attended too, was a great experience and everyone had grins like Cheshire cats on there faces when exiting there chosen tools of enjoyment, absolutely brilliant day.:blackrs4::welcoming::glee::rock::cheerful:

Reactions: Mark A5, Ian Whiffen, SPARTAN91 and 2 others
A big thank you to Sandra and the whole team at Ipswich Audi for an awesome day. The team could not have been more accommodating and the cars were amazing, I drove an s3, ttrs, an rs6 and was driven in an r8. Days like today don't happen often so worth a days holiday from work and I will attend again if given the opportunity. Thanks

Reactions: Mark A5, audismart, Ian Whiffen and 2 others
Yes it was a very good day,the Audi dealership guys and gals were brilliant in looking after us and allowing us to drive the cars.
Even with the poor weather conditions and lucky the cars were Quattro,s i really enjoyed the RS6 and TTRS except when i got overtaken by the yellow S1 it was a really good day.
Thanks for sorting this meet out for us @Sandra
IMG 0631
IMG 0632
IMG 0633
IMG 0634

Last edited:
Thanks Sandra and everyone at Ipswich Audi for a fantastic day out. Great tour and look at an r8 up close on the ramps and the new s4. Was taken out for a spin in the R8 and got to drive the rs6, sq7, ttrs and s3. Loved the rs6, so much power. The sq7 was a strange beast, the s3 was fun and the ttrs was a bit of a disappointment, it was fast but there was a real delay in putting the power down. It was almost like the accelerator pedal had a delay switch on it. When it got going the exhaust was a riot with the bangs and burbles.

Reactions: Mark A5, audismart, Ghost and 1 other person
IMG 0635
IMG 0646
IMG 0657
IMG 0642
IMG 0653
IMG 0664
A few more

Can anyone post the video of the R8 warming up in the workshop.

Reactions: audismart, Ian Whiffen and Sandra
Had a great day at Ipswich Audi today. The staff were really helpful and friendly, smashing hospitality. Got to drive the RS6, TTRS and S3, happy happy days. Big thanks to Ben at Ipswich Audi for letting me be part of his first R8 drive experience too! Lovely to meet everyone who attended today and I hope everyone had a safe journey home :yes:
20170115 153027
20170115 111830
20170115 143952
20170115 152934
20170115 152951
20170115 144036

Reactions: Mark A5, audismart, Ian Whiffen and 3 others
Firstly a big thank you to Sandra for all your hard work
The whole team at Ipswich Audi were so welcoming & really great with the children .The food & drinks they laid on were very much enjoyed . The children really enjoyed there muffins .
The workshop time looking at & learning about the A8 was great . It was awesome to see behind the scenes & Paul showed real passion for the brand
Ben gave us a tour round the dealership which was very interesting
Then we come to the driving session . Tony & Ben sorted out the cars for us . It all went very smoothly & as far as I know everyone got to drive there chosen cars . We went out in a SQ7 a tech filled roomy plush very fast Suv.
Then the A5 3ltr Tdi Quattro very smooth quick coupe . Then I had the pleasure of a passenger ride in the R8 . A truly epic car which even in the wet it had so much grip .then onto the RS6 well I could write a thousand words about how amazing it was , massively quick , huge levels of grip , lush interior , the noise from the twin pipes was epic pops & bangs galore
Lastly me & Isaac went out in the TTRS for some boys time , very fast & so composed in the wet conditions
So thanks again to Sandra & all the team at Ipswich Audi

Reactions: Mark A5, audismart, Ian Whiffen and 3 others
Can anyone post the video of the R8 warming up in the workshop.
Hey, I couldn't seem to upload the video. I guess the file is too big....or I'm missing a trick???!?!?!! Here's a link to the video on Twitter if it works :blink:

Reactions: audismart
Hi Ian, like your style with YouTube! How did you post the clip? Did you just post the clip link from YouTube?
Yeah. It was a lot easier then I thought. Just uploaded it to you tube and went to share and used the copy link.

Reactions: audismart and LyndsB
Yes it was a very good day,the Audi dealership guys and gals were brilliant in looking after us and allowing us to drive the cars.
Even with the poor weather conditions and lucky the cars were Quattro,s i really enjoyed the RS6 and TTRS except when i got overtaken by the yellow S1 it was a really good day.
Thanks for sorting this meet out for us @Sandra
View attachment 114807 View attachment 114808 View attachment 114809 View attachment 114810
****** S1 drivers eh?

Reactions: audismart and THQuattro
Hi everyone. Sounds like you all had an amazing time. The pictures and R8 video are awesome and I'm sure everyone at the dealership will appreciate all your lovely comments. Thank you guys. :) xx

Would you guys be so kind and leave a review on our garage dealership review of what you thought of the new Ipswich Dealership, the dealership and all their staff work hard at making their dealership a great experience for their customers and I'm sure they would be delighted to have some feedback after your fantastic day spent with them. The link is below. Thanks again. Your all fantastic. :) x

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/showcase/ipswich-audi.69/

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghost, audismart and Ian Whiffen
Hi Ian, like your style with YouTube! How did you post the clip? Did you just post the clip link from YouTube?

Hmmm let's see if this works! Just another little video

Reactions: Sandra, Ghost, Ian Whiffen and 1 other person
It was lovely to meet the members I got to chat to a nice friendly bunch lol all the staff were so nice and helpful. My dad always seemed to have a fresh cup of tea in his hand so he was well chuffed! If they had a tv with the golf on I doubt I'd have been able to get him to leave lol. I hugely enjoyed my trip in the R8. The SQ7 is a work of art even with the delay in throttle response. And then we come to the RS6..... how can a car go from planet moving speed and power whilst sounding like Thor god of thunder playing Metallica and chewing on a packet of broken glass to being so quiet and refined all you can hear is the gentle hum of the heater fan. And I've not had that much fun getting to 60 (ish) in a long time! Sadly I did have to much fun I forgot to take any pictures all day lol

Reactions: Sandra, Ghost and Ian Whiffen
It was lovely to meet the members I got to chat to a nice friendly bunch lol all the staff were so nice and helpful. My dad always seemed to have a fresh cup of tea in his hand so he was well chuffed! If they had a tv with the golf on I doubt I'd have been able to get him to leave lol. I hugely enjoyed my trip in the R8. The SQ7 is a work of art even with the delay in throttle response. And then we come to the RS6..... how can a car go from planet moving speed and power whilst sounding like Thor god of thunder playing Metallica and chewing on a packet of broken glass to being so quiet and refined all you can hear is the gentle hum of the heater fan. And I've not had that much fun getting to 60 (ish) in a long time! Sadly I did have to much fun I forgot to take any pictures all day lol
Glad you and your dad enjoyed the day Ben. :) x

This item has been removed.