** Feedback for Stafford Audi Meet **

Sandra

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Audi Main Dealer
Platinum Supporter
Reaction score
Can all members that attended this meet please leave feedback for the dealership please. I understand that a few of you have been refused test drives and i will sort this out and all i can do is apologise as i checked all the licence details for those under the age of 25.

I wish to thank all the staff at Stafford Audi for having the members of audi-sport.net at your dealership and giving them such a great day. special thanks to Phil Drury, Anna Ling, Francesca Beswick @AudiUK for all your help organising this event.

Reactions: desertstorm and DAYTONA 500
Awesome day out many thanks to Sandra for organising this along with Stafford Audi.
Andy Poole of Stafford Audi was doing his best to organise the cars and drivers, the RS6 and RS7 were much in demand as was the S1.
Personally I got out in the RS4 and the Viper green RS5 also the SQ5. That 8.5K RPM red line is very addictive and you don't need a stereo with an engine soundtrack like that.
Driving a mapped 3.0 TDI A4 it was interesting to see what the SQ5 was like. Made a very nice noise not what you would expect from a V6 TDI, more like a V8.
Thanks to JoJo for the whiplash from the launch control start he did in the S8. How a car that big can accelerate that fast defies the laws of physics.
I think everybody had a safe day, I didn't hear of any issues so thats a very positive thing. Nice to meet other forum members all in all a great day.
IMG 3144 IMG 3146 IMG 3157

Karl.

Reactions: 45bvtc, ACWKGYTO and jojo
Echo the above - awesome day! Never done anything like this before and have to give major credit to Sandra for organising and Stafford Audi & Andy for laying it all on, complete with free-running coffee and bacon butties!

In order, I managed to drive the RS7, RS4, RS6, S1 & SQ5. All amazing machines in their own way. The RS7 for me was the pick - astonishing performance, it just doesn't stop pulling, ever! The RS6 was almost as amazing and would be my choice if I was buying. The RS4 I was a little underwhelmed with if I'm honest - obviously didn't feel as quick as the 6 or 7 but the ride was very "jiggly". That noise at full throttle though - can't get enough of that. The S1 was a hoot - tiny little thing but it doesn't half shift and you can chuck it around like a lunatic. Only had a quick outing in the SQ5 but it was surprisingly nippy for a diesel I must say.

All in all a very fun day and I'd definitely be interested in doing another one sometime. Apologies to anyone I didn't say hello to or missing saying goodbye to.

Reactions: 45bvtc and ACWKGYTO
The only car i wanted a drive in was the S1 and i was a little disappointed with it, well i would be coming from an S3. A little too small for me for an everyday car. A good day though with a good display of RS/S models lining the entrance to the showroom.

How about at the next one a show and shine or/and a raffle?

Where were the bacon sandwiches, i never saw them? :(

Great day, chance to meet other like minded oweners and forum members, plus catch up with old friends. Weather not good, but certainly better than at home, looks like the fog never from Telford all day.

Great bunch of people at Stafford, very curteous and friendly. :icon thumright:

Some bits a little disjointed, but Andy did explain this was the first one they had done so things to learn from and add for the next one. :kissmyrings:

All in all a very enjoyable day.

Sorry to hear about those under 25's...:angrymod:

A big thanks to all at Stafford and Audi UK for the day and hooooggge thank you to Sandra for taking the time and trouble to arrnge this event for us..:applaus::encouragement::cheerful::thumbs up:

Reactions: Sandra, 45bvtc and DAYTONA 500
After what I thought was gunna be a disappointing day as they wouldn't let me drive due to me being 24 but this issue eventually was solves and I was aloud a drive in the RS4, RS6 and SQ5 amazing cars ..... Staff at Stafford Audi are very helpful and welcoming all in all a great day and met some new faces off here. Massive Thanks also to Sandra for organising this and sorting out the driving hiccup you a star.

Reactions: Sandra, lagoonjsh, 45bvtc and 1 other person
Hi Sandra, just want to say a massive thanks for sorting out the Stafford Audi test day, it's been an absolutely fantastic day, we have driven some amazing cars and all had a great time. Thank you again for sorting it all out, I think the guys above have said it all really, what a cracking day out.

Chris.

Reactions: Sandra, 45bvtc and ACWKGYTO
B******S, i never went upstairs.

The bacon sarnies were amazing there was about 6 massive plate fulls of them, I reckon I probably had your share !

Delicious washed down with loads of tea and coffee...

Thank you Stafford Audi - Swansway Group & our Sandra what a great day....my fave in the end was the RS5 in Viper Green,
might challenge Challinor to a race in his VG S3 if I had that ! Apparently a bargain at £46k was £67 new ! They never stop these sales guys, credit to them ;)

Nice touch with the goody bags...the cigarette lighter rechargable torch, scented gecko and ice scraper will all come in handy.

Had a great little tour of the workshop and long chat with one of the technicians, really cool guy, all the staff were very helpful and up for a chat about the cars.

I was quite surprised at the level of trust with such expensive bits of kit...thank you for having faith in us

CHEERS looking forward to the next one (very very dangerous for the car addicts amongst us)

Reactions: Sandra and 45bvtc
OK, I've been called an Audi 'tart' before and I'm sure I will again, especially after today...

And what a day; sunny and dry to start but misty and damp at Stafford Audi; but these are all 4-wheel drive beasties and its slippy/slidy stuff out there.

Some are standing around somewhat surprised that they're just getting a set of keys to whatever and told to go and 'experience'.

Not me; I know what's coming and can't wait to get my hands on the RS7; everything else will be judged against it as for me the RS7 ticks all of my boxes. And so it did; out on my prescribed route to Uttoxeter and back with some mid 3-figure numbers shown on the head-up: kept trying to get closer to that display but couldn't. Came back exhausted, how can you improve on the engine/brakes/dynamics of this machine?

A coffee, a quick chat, a "who wants a go in an RS5?" and my hand going for the ceiling lights. This is the old RS5, Stafford Audi has had it some time, and the tyres are seriously well run in. Same route but hey, this thing is a' sliding like the RS7 didn't. However, I've now an RS4 stuck-to-me-bum so I need to push; push and slide, push and slide. A great noise the RS5 makes must have woken up several road users between Stafford and Uttoxeter but hey, the morning's getting on. The RS5 certainly entertaing a Mercedes with a '63' on the boot, s Daytona500 in the RS4 behind witnessed.

Another coffee and bacon butty. The S1; hand up again; been practicing clutch-in, move that lever with the knob on, and clutch out for two weeks now so we're thinking we're ok... We obviously need more practice; however, what a superb motor car: brakes, steering, interior trim, and noise, just about everything is ticking all the right boxes...

Andy Poole keeps on saying I've got to try the S8, "you MUST try the S8" again and again.

OK, we'll give it a go. A different route but ok. 1000yards and were both speaking words I don't want to print here but WOW! What a piece of machinery. This is some big piece of machinery that gave a XKR Jaguar driver a work-out (and lost...) The short run was extended, doubled maybe, and this piece of machinery was hugely impressive in every way; brake and steering feel on the damp, undulating, duck and dive roads was hugely impressive; I couldn't fault it. I didn't try what 'jojo' did mind, and 'desertstorm' will be happy if he doesn't do it again with him passenger, either...

What else? Who wants a go in an SQ5 shouts Andy Poole and this bl**dy hand is in the air again with me looking at it...

OK! The SQ5 is a twin turbo diesel; now I didn't know that until I got back! Believe me, I DID NOT KNOW IT WAS A DIESEL. I'll be checking later; but this thing was, again, amazing! Out on the twisty, wet stuff, and this thing was behaving like a hooligan, just like all the others, actually...

A FULL day. A WONDERFUL, MEMORABLE day! I cannot thank Sandra and Stafford Audi enough, for me the most comprehensive motoring experience I/we've ever had.

I bet Andy Poole sleeps well tonight, he worked all day without fade, and must be congratulated: I bet he sleeps well tonight; as I will.

Thank you is NOT enough but it's 100% sincere.

Audi Sales brochures and tape measures are out again; what an incredible array of motor cars these AUDI guys have. :applaus:

TO END: I want to thank Sandra for arranging this event; I want to thank Stafford Audi, everyone at Stafford Audi from TOP to BOTTOM; the directors, the sales guys, the customer service guys, the wash guys, the receptionist who's name I've forgotten but carried on professionally while the rest of us were being organised by Andy Poole but still took time to be courteous and nice.

But 100% to Andy Poole and Chris Jones and Phil Cole and Dave (A4 on the A5 who I thought was tagging me and my RS3).

One other person, my wife (RS3copilot): how she sits quietly by my side in some unknown car with me giving it the full beans on damp roads with sub 3ºC ambient temperatures is beyond me; I couldn't do it.

THANK YOU... I'll NEVER forget the day.

Oh, and for you guys that are too young to be given the keys of a near new 552bhp/516lb/ft Audi RS6/7 just think of the time in the future when you will. There's better to come and you'll be able to experience.

And I'll swap you youth for experience (i.e., cheap insurance, etc) anytime...

Reactions: BERTTIE and Moschops
I had a brilliant day, thanks to Sandra for organizing it all and to Stafford Audi for their hospitality.
It was great to meet everyone. There's a lot of really nice, welcoming guys and girls from this forum.

I also got the opportunity to drive a few amazing cars. The RS6 is a car I have lusted after for years, I had the opportunity to drive it today and it certainly didn't disappoint, the way it takes off, stops and instills confidence seems to defy physics when you consider its size. The S8, like a ballistic armchair! The S1, a proper, chuckable hot hatch.

The goodie bag was also a really nice touch :)

Reactions: 45bvtc and Moschops
Ok, so who ate or the sarnies?! :mad:

But anyways, many thanks to Stafford Audi for hosting this, apart from the hiccup of not allowing the under 25s to drive, which was rectified later in the day, the day went by pretty smoothly, most of us got to drive the cars we wanted I think? Their workshop is very clean and big, and the whole dealership was much larger than I had imagined.

The S1 was the one I was most interested in, the weight, power level and Haldex 4wd meant it was the spiritual successor to the original 8L S3! So what happens next is a bit mind blowing, it's the on,y manual car there, and it's a hoot! It's not as fast as the rest of the cars available on paper, but out on the road, this thing is amazing! It's just a better car, out the box, than the original S3 in each and every way! It felt quicker, more planted, had better steering and a dirty front end! I don't mind admitting I WANT one!, that's how good I felt it was!

I also had drives in the SQ5 and S8, and was a passenger in the RS4 and RS7.

Passenger rides in the RS4 and RS7, the RS4 I've driven in the past already, a very capable machine, goes really well and makes amazing exhaust noises, due to it being an n/a V8! The RS7 is on totally different level though I terms of performance! I don't think it can out handle an RS4, but in a straight line, it just a hot rod! Effortless performance from that turbocharged 4.0 V8, it's an amazing machine!

A drive in the SQ5, you sit very high up in this one, so you don't expect it to be a rocket ship, but once on the move, this is a very smooth machine, it has great mid range torque, you wouldn't know it's a diesel under the bonnet, so refined it is. It doesn't even sound like a diesel, but it did have an on board engine sound synthesiser, which may have added to the effect? An impressive machine all the same, but not something I'd buy personally.

The S8, the biggest car there, and you'd think it's going to be quick, but NOT that quick, as it's an S car, and not an RS, right? Wrong, it's simply amazing! This thing is even quicker on the move than an RS6/7, and it does it eerily in total silence, it so laid back, you don't know where it gets it's power from? I did a standing start with launch control in this car, and all I can say is WOW, totally blown away, how does it even do it? :racer:

To cap it off, it was a great day out, and it was good to catch up with the ASN members, new and old! A great experience, and a great gauge for future events for bot Audi and us enthusiasts!

I mustn't forget to thank our very own Sandra for arranging it all, the hard work she's put in and even sorting out the under 25s issue on the day!

Reactions: Sandra, ACWKGYTO, DAYTONA 500 and 3 others
Excellent day, thank you to Sandra for organising and all the staff at Stafford Audi for their tireless hard work.

Reactions: Sandra, dimitar.tuntov.5, Nilz and 4 others
Few more.

The reason the silver A3 is up on the ramps

Reactions: Nilz, ACWKGYTO and 45bvtc
Firstly big thanks to Sandra for organising the event and Stafford Audi for hosting it.I'd spoken to Andy Poole on the phone a few times when i was looking to change my RS3 and it was good to meet him today.Andy did a great job of organising the test drives of the cars today,i got to drive the RS4/5/6/7 all of which were great and have come to a decision that one of them will replace my current S5 later on this year.Stafford Audi's hospitality is second to none plenty of hot drinks in between drives and a relaxed atmosphere and a superb selection of RS cars in every colour of the rainbow all in all a great day out. :thumbs up:

Reactions: ACWKGYTO and 45bvtc
I've always found Stafford Audi to be very helpful, defiantly one of the best Audi dealers in the UK I'd say.

Reactions: DAYTONA 500
Guys, this is a feedback thread for stafford Audi, please use other thread for general discussion please. Thanks. :) x

Reactions: jojo and ACWKGYTO
Here's a few I took on my iphone

2053e56324c7bcc98a3bec88b1e70914.jpg

262d0dbccf46f540c46cd377883c7046.jpg

12c130be3ad0636ab9b232c3c92e805f.jpg

acd8f0a7023d4a9d4a8ae3fa63f73212.jpg

9d77b1e88f02496df0fd0fe4fdc5abf8.jpg

8ab51bb03b5209a109f263cd9522fb4b.jpg

Enjoy

Reactions: Nilz, 45bvtc, Sandra and 1 other person
Went in the workshop at Stafford Audi and the guy who answered questions was really cool guy, very helpful

What I'd really like to see is a car being worked on, maybe just some basic checks, car on ramp, see underneath the car, maybe wheels off see the brakes, see how the diagnostic equipment works etc

Maybe even take a look at a minor issue on one or two of our cars

That would be great

Reactions: Sandra
Even with the undying love for my car and it's very quick I'd think that would be one I'd loose.

It sure was in 'dynamic mode' eye ball vibrations and on a permanent slide; change to 'auto' and it all setled down; progressive and a decent ride. The guy in the black C63AMG Merc on the A51 enjoyed it too as that Viper Green was sure filling his mirrors; as the Rs4 behind me can confirm...

Reactions: DAYTONA 500 and ACWKGYTO
Thanks to JoJo for the whiplash from the launch control start he did in the S8. How a car that big can accelerate that fast defies the laws of physics.

Karl, the S8 is rated at 3.5secs 0-60 from independant testing(book time is 4.2), and apparently, Staffprd Audi has seen 3.4secs, so that would explain how shocked we was by it's performance!

Karl, the S8 is rated at 3.5secs 0-60 from independant testing(book time is 4.2), and apparently, Staffprd Audi has seen 3.4secs, so that would explain how shocked we was by it's performance!

Would need better brakes IMO

Gave that S8 a 38-mile run; just amazing, what a motor car...

So much performance, with fabulous brakes, and mega sensitive to the touch on the steering: loved it...

Reactions: Moschops and jojo
Gave that S8 a 38-mile run; just amazing, what a motor car...

So much performance, with fabulous brakes, and mega sensitive to the touch on the steering: loved it...

Wow... lets agree to disagree on the brakes

Wow... lets agree to disagree on the brakes

No worries ACWKGYTO, feel free to disagree; I was way more interested in the 'other' pedal but when I needed to balance the car some on that damp B5066 I loved 'em... :racer:

Then again, I loved 'em all and can't wait for the next taster; I'm looking for suitable routes already...:superman:

Reactions: ACWKGYTO
No worries ACWKGYTO, feel free to disagree; I was way more interested in the 'other' pedal but when I needed to balance the car some on that damp B5066 I loved 'em... :racer:

Then again, I loved 'em all and can't wait for the next taster; I'm looking for suitable routes already...:superman:

No industrial park this time ! ?

Reactions: 45bvtc
No industrial park this time ! ?

I gave my recommended route map with 'cautions' for the Stafford event (and suggested by/with Stafford Audi prior to the event) and it didn't include a single 'industrial park' just lots of fast, undulating, open roads - Daytona500 also used - stunning! And it was FULL sunshine wen we got to Uttoxeter; my first run-out with that fabulous RS7 and the only car I really wanted to drive... That RS7 will be more popular from now on...

I gave my recommended route map with 'cautions' for the Stafford event (and suggested by/with Stafford Audi prior to the event) and it didn't include a single 'industrial park' just lots of fast, undulating, open roads - Daytona500 also used - stunning! And it was FULL sunshine wen we got to Uttoxeter; my first run-out with that fabulous RS7 and the only car I really wanted to drive... That RS7 will be more popular from now on...

Stafford Audi is on an industrial park

Youre not understanding what I'm saying....

Certain people including myself were enjoying the fact that there was a dead end road next to the dealership that was empty apart from a few lorries with no traffic apart from us....at the end of the day a police car was sat there on that same road....about 4 hours too late thankfully

Next time I might do a set route, if there are no quiet roads like that near the dealership.

Reactions: jojo
Youre not understanding what I'm saying....

Certain people including myself were enjoying the fact that there was a dead end road next to the dealership that was empty apart from a few lorries with no traffic apart from us....at the end of the day a police car was sat there on that same road....about 4 hours too late thankfully

Next time I might do a set route

That's one of the problems we faced last year at the Knowsley showcase event, they had to let the police know about the event, so as a result we were warned that there were unmarked police cars knocking around.

Reactions: ACWKGYTO
At the end of the day its really nice that the dealers allow us to do this. If you go twatting around breaking the speed limit you only have yourself to blame if you get caught.
The day is about meeting other Audi fans and getting the chance to drive some gorgeous machinery you usually wouldn't normally get to play in, not seeing how quick you can get out of it.

Get in the car, relax, have a nice drive and enjoy the experience, you don't have to drive it on warp factor 2 with dynamic nutter mode just because someone else has.

Reactions: jojo, Arrkon, TonyH38 and 4 others
At the end of the day its really nice that the dealers allow us to do this. If you go twatting around breaking the speed limit you only have yourself to blame if you get caught.
The day is about meeting other Audi fans and getting the chance to drive some gorgeous machinery you usually wouldn't normally get to play in, not seeing how quick you can get out of it.

Get in the car, relax, have a nice drive and enjoy the experience, you don't have to drive it on warp factor 2 with dynamic nutter mode just because someone else has.

Who said anything about breaking the speed limit.... 0-30 in 2 seconds !

So who is looking at changing their car now ?

Anyone got the V8 bug ?

As much as I like the RS6/7 they are just too big for my needs,so it's gonna be the naturally aspirated RS4/5

Reactions: Moschops, A3-Lee, 45bvtc and 1 other person
Time for a change here too, not sure what yet though, i did enquire about an RS 4 at Ayr Audi however it seems they can't be bothered to put together a deal, the guy said he'd ring me back Sunday morning and never did.

Reactions: DAYTONA 500