Feel This Moment - RS3 Meet Video Story

MBK

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Feel This Moment. For me life is about creating great moments and being able to relive them. As many of you told me just how much you enjoyed the experience of the first RS3 meet so I've tried to capture those moments in this video story of the day. I hope you enjoy watching this as much as I enjoyed making it. I'm also hoping this video conveys the excitement of the meet and helps encourage a few more RS3 owners to attend the next one.

Yes, (before the inevitable comment) it's with what I think is well matched music this time, if you prefer just angry 5 pot growl I've posted up plenty of other footage with just that.

Thank you all for sharing your various pictures and video footage it would not have been possible to make this without them. A special thank you to Macdaddy :thumbsup:for the superb track action photo's and for standing out in the cold and wet to get them.

If you want me to write the 'magazine' article for the day I will use this video as the basis for it. I say if you want me to because I'm happy for someone else to do it if they would like to.

Finally my appreciation again to robbiemac for organising and the event and the rest of the gang for creating a great set of moments and memories.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mr_Freeze, ice_cube99, Vito and 7 others
Cracking compilation :o.k:

On a side note have a close look at this photo, Its shows just how hard it was raining at one point lmao !!!

Reactions: Vito, 45bvtc and MBK
Boom........ I'm dancing in around in my office. Huge thanks and respect Mark, MacDaddy and all the gang.....

Reactions: Vito, 45bvtc and MBK
Awesome video that bud!! Really enjoyed watching it... Kinda makes me want an RS3 now (and I was planning on buying a house) :(

Were you lot driving your cars round a Go-Kart track? Epic!

Hope you all had fun :D

Reactions: Vito and MBK
Just brilliant Mark, no words can do it justice: THANK YOU!

Reactions: MBK
Cracking compilation :o.k:

On a side note have a close look at this photo, Its shows just how hard it was raining at one point lmao !!!

You captured that moment superbly, loads of standing water and yet quattro just blasts right through it. The RS3 was so composed, only a couple of times did I need a minor lift to bring the nose back into line. The rest of the time it was full throttle action.

I love this picture, one of John's I think, telling a very similar tale:

Reactions: Vito and 45bvtc
Awesome video that bud!! Really enjoyed watching it... Kinda makes me want an RS3 now (and I was planning on buying a house) :(

Were you lot driving your cars round a Go-Kart track? Epic!

Hope you all had fun :D

Thank you, I enjoy making these videos of the days out almost as much as the driving - and the others can tell you how much I love that!

Forget the house, you can live in the RS3!!:yes:

Yes were were on track at http://www.gygkarting.com/ fair play to them letting us take the cars out (and robbiemac for arranging), it was great fun. GYG Karting is run by just the best motorsport obsessed family, they just wanted us to have fun and enjoy. GYG is one of the best kart circuits I've driven with good elevation changes and challenging off camber hairpin. In the wet on slicks it gave understeer a whole new meaning. If you are run the evo triangle roads GYG Karting is on route and well worth a stop.

Quick question too - are you a Go Pro dealer?

Thank you, I enjoy making these videos of the days out almost as much as the driving - and the others can tell you how much I love that!

Forget the house, you can live in the RS3!!:yes:

Yes were were on track at GYG Karting | Driven by Passion fair play to them letting us take the cars out (and robbiemac for arranging), it was great fun. GYG Karting is run by just the best motorsport obsessed family, they just wanted us to have fun and enjoy. GYG is one of the best kart circuits I've driven with good elevation changes and challenging off camber hairpin. In the wet on slicks it gave understeer a whole new meaning. If you are run the evo triangle roads GYG Karting is on route and well worth a stop.

Quick question too - are you a Go Pro dealer?

Ahh good. Well I would suggest you look into Sony Vegas 10 HD. It's an awesome piece of software!

Ha - I don't think the Mrs would like that idea much!!

Well we were thinking about it but GoPro have recently changed the way they distribute their cameras and stopping a lot of the re-sellers so that they can hold all the cards. So unfortunately no :( In better news I have heard a rumour about GoPro4 later this year!

Just watched again for the umpteenth time, but now on a large flat TV: it's just unbelievable: the stills, the videos, the music, the compilation; it's all just so good Mark... :racer:

And Wales; the weather, the road-trip, the venues; spot-on Robbimac :applaus:

It just would not have been the same in the dry...:kissmyrings:

Reactions: Vito, wickedstef, MBK and 1 other person
Just watched again for the umpteenth time, but now on a large flat TV: it's just unbelievable: the stills, the videos, the music, the compilation; it's all just so good Mark... :racer:

And Wales; the weather, the road-trip, the venues; spot-on Robbimac :applaus:

It just would not have been the same in the dry...:kissmyrings:

Thanks John, it was worth all my effort to put it in high definition quality then. Luckily Adobe Premiere Elements software makes this sort of thing much easier, it handled the multitude of photo and video formats with ease.

It's great when people appreciate the effort so thanks!

Reactions: 45bvtc, Cruiser89 and RS3copilot
Awesome Mark, superb! As you say it really captures the excitement of the day; have watched the YouTube version on the TV and it's just brilliant, shall be rocking around the kitchen the rest of the day. :yes:

Reactions: 45bvtc and MBK
Well what can I say, I am not surprised at all, I could have put all my savings on Mark to deliver such a brilliant brilliant work, thank you so much mate, I am sure in about ten years time all of us will still be enjoying this video and remember the fantastic time we had.

Reactions: RS3copilot, robbiemac and MBK
Well what can I say, I am not surprised at all, I could have put all my savings on Mark to deliver such a brilliant brilliant work, thank you so much mate, I am sure in about ten years time all of us will still be enjoying this video and remember the fantastic time we had.

Thanks Vito, I really appreciate the comments. That's the idea to keep the memories alive, cars will come and go but experiences live with us much longer.

Reactions: Vito and robbiemac
Oh sorry Steve, a big thanks to you as well for the brilliant shots of my pride 'n' joy. :applaus:

Reactions: Macdaddy and robbiemac
Mark, just catching up on the days events. Absolutely love the vid, great job.

And for me there can be no other who will do the write up justice other than yourself.

Reactions: MBK
Mark, just catching up on the days events. Absolutely love the vid, great job.

And for me there can be no other who will do the write up justice other than yourself.

Thanks Neil, thought you'd like the "lets stop time, and enjoy this moment" photo into video!

OK I'll give it a shot I just didn't want to take over if someone else wanted a go.

Fantastic Video You've done a great Job and look as if you had a Fun Day whilst Making it. Thanks for Sharing

Wow just watched the video about 8 times ,love it shame i could not make it ..

Great video, thanks for taking the time to make it, very entertaining and makes me wish I'd joined you. Looking forward to similar antics in the summer...

Wow just watched the video about 8 times ,love it shame i could not make it ..

Thank you! The video does seem to have multi watch appeal! I hope you can make the next meet, it would be good to say hello. I think you know quite a bit more about these cars and their potential than me - and the right people to speak to. More cars, more photos and footage = better video!

Reactions: 45bvtc and Kelza
Great video, thanks for taking the time to make it, very entertaining and makes me wish I'd joined you. Looking forward to similar antics in the summer...

Thank you for the comments, appreciated. This was a fun day and its just the start I'm sure the next one will be just as much fun. There will be plenty of antics to capture I'm sure.

Are you any good at karting? I need some competition next time!

Reactions: 45bvtc