Few Issues with my new motor....any help appreciated....

Funkyfin2000

Reaction score
Website
www.google.co.uk
Hi All,

Ive VAG commed my new car today and have the following error:

1 Fault Found:
17994 - Engine Mount Solenoid Valves (N144/N145): Short to Plus
P1586 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
Readiness: N/A

Ive read that this is the engine mounts. Anyone know how much this job is from an independant? Do you replace all engine mounts? How many are there etc?

When you run the car at idle it sometimes vibrates uncontrollably!

Also the leather arm rest in the middle of the two front seats the clip on the top of it has broken so it doesn't clip down.

Can you buy a new clip for it? Or do I need to replace the whole lid? or the whole arm rest???

Any help appreciated please.

Rich

I'm happy to take guidance here, but I was under the impression that only one of the engine mounts is of the vibration damping sort. It's obviously an intermittent fault, mine does it too everytime I scan the car, but I've never seen or felt any sense of vibration beyond the normal.

You can buy a new lid, leather ones are about £65. The clips aren't available o their own sadly, although I've seen someone on here repair his.

Thanks mate thats a cracking start.

Do you know the part number for the new leather arm rest? Are they easy to change?

Interesting about the mount....Im going to check for this wiring first that can be seen from the passenger side...

The car was very violent this morning but stopped quickly so I know what people mean when they feel it!

AVF probably, give me a few mins,

I can't help with the lid part number I don't think. Depends on your trim colour obviously.

Trim code would be in the service book probably.

Right, 7 and 8 are both Hydro Mountings, but only the left one is classed as electric.

Will give you an idea re the location anyway:

mounts.jpg

Thanks James very helpful, will check the book and update the thread soon.

Presume left means passenegr side. Hopefully be able to check the wiring at least by looking at it then if knacered replace it.

:)