few questions newbee

baldyplayer99

Reaction score
hi new to forum got a black a3 2001 quattro turbo. got few questions

1. i have the dreaded abs light put a second hand pump on it but gives me a message of needs recoding? anywhere cheap that can do this audi said it would cost me 106.

2. also any links of good front mounted intercoolers? new bigger turbo? recirculating diverter valve? just want to no whats best to buy etc. and any other things i should upgrade to make faster

cheeeers

rich

hi new to forum got a black a3 2001 quattro turbo. got few questions

1. i have the dreaded abs light put a second hand pump on it but gives me a message of needs recoding? anywhere cheap that can do this audi said it would cost me 106.

2. also any links of good front mounted intercoolers? new bigger turbo? recirculating diverter valve? just want to no whats best to buy etc. and any other things i should upgrade to make faster

cheeeers

rich

Were abouts are you mate?
A mate of mines can sort it for you if your local

Abit far mate for him mate unless you can bring it down to near Heathrow area he will be able to sort it for you

....2. also any links of good front mounted intercoolers? new bigger turbo? recirculating diverter valve? just want to no whats best to buy etc. and any other things i should upgrade to make faster...

Info about a lot of what you are asking is in the stickies... huge FMIC thread...

As for bigger turbos, this depends on budget and power expectations... a remap will take you around the 210/220hp mark and with all the supporting mods 230hp... next stage from that is a K03 hybrid which will get you to around the 270hp mark but that requires larger injectors, S3 MAF tube and a custom map... ideally at this level you would also need to consider rods...

Beyond that then its the skies the limit... fitted a GT2871 to an A3 tqs and that made 370hp... but it did have full valve train, tubular exhaust manifold, huge FMIC and a large plenum inlet manifold...

<tuffty/>

Info about a lot of what you are asking is in the stickies... huge FMIC thread...

As for bigger turbos, this depends on budget and power expectations... a remap will take you around the 210/220hp mark and with all the supporting mods 230hp... next stage from that is a K03 hybrid which will get you to around the 270hp mark but that requires larger injectors, S3 MAF tube and a custom map... ideally at this level you would also need to consider rods...

Beyond that then its the skies the limit... fitted a GT2871 to an A3 tqs and that made 370hp... but it did have full valve train, tubular exhaust manifold, huge FMIC and a large plenum inlet manifold...

<tuffty/>

cheers for the info.

can someone please give me advice on abs pump issue. anyone no anywhere in sussex that sorts these problems

I'll find out for you how much he will charge
But he will not travel as it will not be worth his while!
Also he has a ko4 turbo for sale which you mite be interested in;-)