Few questions

Wxm

Reaction score
Was initially put off ordering an S3 due to the long wait time, but think I’m going to go for it.

Are adaptive dampers an option? Can’t see the, on the configurator.

Looking at pics on auto trader I can’t see any auto hold button, does it have auto hold?

Are front parking sensors standard or just rear?

Is the rear camera only available with the C and S pack?

Is Apple CarPlay wireless?

Is the the drivers assistance pack worth it? £1750 seems a lot and I’m trying to stay u stay £40k

I’ve seen a few S3s on autotrader where they don’t have all the chrome. But can’t seem to find an option on the configurator for this.

Last edited:
Adaptive Dampers only on Vorsprung Edition (Standard)

Auto Hold is now in the MMI - It's in the favourites Icon on the MMI (If you have the 3rd Screen - I do and if you're ordering a new one should have it, but a few on here don't have it for some reason and are struggling with their dealers to get this sorted)

Rear Standard - Comfort and Sound Pack gives you the Front Sensors and Camera + B & O Sound

Camera - Yes - C & S Pack as above

Apple Carplay is Wireless but again it depends on software etc - I have it October/November build, so again you should get it, but others are still struggling - If you have 2 x USB-C in the front which you should get then Apple Wireless should be there - As far as I know you don't need the wireless charging pad for it - I have the pad but mine will connect wirelessly without being on the pad but whether that being fitted is a trigger I can't say - Hopefully somebody else will be able to confirm that for you

I didn't bother with the Driver Assistance pack at that price - You can't have the Flat Bottomed Steering Wheel ( which IMO an S3 should have) - Only thing that interested me was the Traffic Sign Recognition (Can't spec that individually) although it looks like all cars are prepped for it as a Functions on Demand when they become available because Pre-sense and Lane Assist are standard and it uses the same camera - Good old Audi having us over as usual (it's become their style)

Not sure about the Chrome unless they've been wrapped as Vorsprung has the Black Pack

I would recommend Matrix Headlights at £430 because they were near on a grand on the last model and the Ambient Lighting Pack at £110

Hope that helps

Reactions: Wxm and Jassyo06
I echo @Sparks43 thoughts,

I wonder if you could compromise on the spec slightly and pick up an already built car from the dealers?

Try to ensure you go for the ambient lighting, and c&s pack. If the Matrix still gets you in at under £40k they are worth it as they look more stylish than the standard lights and have great function.

Have a look at my thread I started which helps with full demonstrations of some of the optional extras:

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threa...or-current-and-prospective-owners-crd.422828/

The full channel has more content on there: https://youtube.com/c/crdchannel

shameless plug time - make sure to subscribe and let me know whether you found it useful :)

Auzzam

Reactions: Wxm and Sparks43
Adaptive Dampers only on Vorsprung Edition (Standard)

Auto Hold is now in the MMI - It's in the favourites Icon on the MMI (If you have the 3rd Screen - I do and if you're ordering a new one should have it, but a few on here don't have it for some reason and are struggling with their dealers to get this sorted)

Rear Standard - Comfort and Sound Pack gives you the Front Sensors and Camera + B & O Sound

Camera - Yes - C & S Pack as above

Apple Carplay is Wireless but again it depends on software etc - I have it October/November build, so again you should get it, but others are still struggling - If you have 2 x USB-C in the front which you should get then Apple Wireless should be there - As far as I know you don't need the wireless charging pad for it - I have the pad but mine will connect wirelessly without being on the pad but whether that being fitted is a trigger I can't say - Hopefully somebody else will be able to confirm that for you

I didn't bother with the Driver Assistance pack at that price - You can't have the Flat Bottomed Steering Wheel ( which IMO an S3 should have) - Only thing that interested me was the Traffic Sign Recognition (Can't spec that individually) although it looks like all cars are prepped for it as a Functions on Demand when they become available because Pre-sense and Lane Assist are standard and it uses the same camera - Good old Audi having us over as usual (it's become their style)

Not sure about the Chrome unless they've been wrapped as Vorsprung has the Black Pack

I would recommend Matrix Headlights at £430 because they were near on a grand on the last model and the Ambient Lighting Pack at £110

Hope that helps

that’s great. Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions

Is it possible to spec matrix headlights on the S3 just can’t see them on the configurator

Hi WXm. I just raised this in a post. I discovered as of yesterday the option to add Matrix LED headlights seems to have been removed from a number of trim options including the s-line. I ordered a A3 Saloon S-line back in January and the option was available which I added to my order. Not really sure why they have removed it as it seems only now standard for Edition-1 and higher trims.

Is it possible to spec matrix headlights on the S3 just can’t see them on the configurator

It was as I have them on mine and £430 upgrade as well which is excellent - However I had heard from a friend who works at Audi that they were removing Matrix Headlights as not a popular option along with other options from across the MY22 range - Will be kept on Edition 1, Vorsprung and S3 (assume Vorsprung) as they are standard and you are right it's gone off the configurator.

To be honest if they made it a cheaper upgrade on the other models (Not S3 because £430 is good used to be £900+ on the 8V) and actually bothered to promote more I think people would take it up instead we get adverts with Audi's driving through the woods and Wolves looking at it - Well unless the Wolves are their target market people aren't going to upgrade - They need to show what these things do more rather than just fancy adverts that basically tell you nothing.

I think marketing is beginning to lose the plot if I'm honest or they will be fitted like the TFSIe and you will then be able to switch them on via Functions on Demand when that becomes available at a cost obviously.

Reactions: AdamInKent
Hi WXm. I just raised this in a post. I discovered as of yesterday the option to add Matrix LED headlights seems to have been removed from a number of trim options including the s-line. I ordered a A3 Saloon S-line back in January and the option was available which I added to my order. Not really sure why they have removed it as it seems only now standard for Edition-1 and higher trims.

Matrix headlights should be an option on the exterior part of the configuration, after the wheels section. Looks like they’ve removed it from the “S3” trim. It’s still saying standard on the Vorsprung trim though. Strange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matrix headlights should be an option on the exterior part of the configuration, after the wheels section. Looks like they’ve removed it from the “S3” trim. It’s still saying standard on the Vorsprung trim though. Strange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See my answer above - Another balls up from Audi

They still appear to be available on the German configurator. So maybe it’s just the U.K.

Reactions: AdamInKent
They still appear to be available on the German configurator. So maybe it’s just the U.K.

Probably because the Germans will explain exactly what they do and show them off - UK just a few words on the configurator - You need to see them working to see how good they are

Reactions: auzzam_crd and AdamInKent
The question I have is would Audi still honour orders placed when the Matrix LED Headlights were available to add in? I managed to add them to my order back in Jan and car going into build hopefully July.

The question I have is would Audi still honour orders placed when the Matrix LED Headlights were available to add in? I managed to add them to my order back in Jan and car going into build hopefully July.

As far as I understand it from him, if your order is in the system with or without a build week, where possible they will honour subject to parts availability I suppose - Any quotations that haven't been converted to an order yet would need to be amended

So, fingers crossed you'll get yours

Thanks Sparks43. Lets hope. Will just have to wait and see if my Audi dealer calls me. I would assume they would have many orders which have included the addition of Matrix Headlights waiting to be built.

Thanks Sparks43. Lets hope. Will just have to wait and see if my Audi dealer calls me. I would assume they would have many orders which have included the addition of Matrix Headlights waiting to be built.

Well possibly not to be honest as the low uptake is why they are removing it

I would not be surprised if they are removing it to push people towards the next trim up...

I would not be surprised if they are removing it to push people towards the next trim up...

Possibly, but my friend said low uptake - he's frustrated and he doesn't ell them but was looking at speccing on his S-Line later in the year and like me says it annoys him that the flashy adverts never actually tell you anything - If you want people to purchase options you need to have a way of showing what these things can do rather than a few lines

Your video the other day about the wireless charging was excellent but as you pointed out our configurator doesn't give anywhere near as much info as Europe or the Ireland one

Possibly, but my friend said low uptake - he's frustrated and he doesn't ell them but was looking at speccing on his S-Line later in the year and like me says it annoys him that the flashy adverts never actually tell you anything - If you want people to purchase options you need to have a way of showing what these things can do rather than a few lines

Your video the other day about the wireless charging was excellent but as you pointed out our configurator doesn't give anywhere near as much info as Europe or the Ireland one

Thanks buddy - you're absolutely right - even if they just borrowed descriptions from other countries, they would be a million miles better.

I must admit until I used the matrix lights myself I was not really expecting much - but they are a great function

Thanks buddy - you're absolutely right - even if they just borrowed descriptions from other countries, they would be a million miles better.

I must admit until I used the matrix lights myself I was not really expecting much - but they are a great function

Exactly I never had them on my 8V as they were nearly a grand extra but something as important as having good lights and my friend luckily showed me how they work in reality and when it came up at £430 I thought definitely (although should be standard on the S3)- People need to know what they are spending their money on and if it gives good value

They are excellent when you actually see them