few upgrading part questions

s3gazz

Reaction score
hi guys been a wile hope u all ok.

1)
so I'd love to know if any one has a how to do( fit an inline fuel pump) also wiring. I hv the Bosch 044 in plc at the min but need wiring up properly as it was just hucked to my standered pump wiring before and making a loud noise wich I think is because it's not getting enought power.

2)
been look at some drivetrain pulley kits and reading about them anyone hv them I'm intrested but do they really increase horsepower like Awsome Gti claim. if I was to get would them what gain from your experience would I get from the crankshaft pulley upgrading.

3)
been looking at Awsome GTIs quaife ATB helical LSD and the wavetrac front differential they list anyone got them are they a worthy replacement for road use or not werth the a dime.

4)
iv never had my 4 whell alignment done in 6 years of owning the car. since then iv changed full suspension for lv Coilovers, tie arms, top mounts, dropping the back end of the subframe to get the standered down pipe out.
so I'd luv to think getting this done will make me one happy guy as I don't think my audis3 handles very well but may just be me lol. before I get it done I'm after fitting new top mounts again for Cupar r ones, ball joints, drop links, track rod ends is there owt else iv missed out that should be changed thx.
also i am ordering the soon as I can today or Tomoz any one tell me what make parts to go for im after either lemforder or topran or ocap or q-drive.

thx any help grateful gaz

1) if its a genuine Bosch 044 then they are noisy as ideally they need to be pulling from a swirl pot... the DA-31 always seem quieter when configured without a swirl pot though... you would do well to rewire regardless as they need to be feed via a relay on proper sized cable as you will make the OE loom a tad warm

2) Engine breakers... don't touch them with a barge pole

3) I have nearly 500hp and 365flb torque and don't need an LSD... invest in decent tyres instead

4) I had mine done after fitting poly bushes etc... if you get it dialled in right it will transform the cars handling

<tuffty/>

Reactions: s3gazz
thanks tuffty

1) that's what I'm stuck with wiring the inline fuel pump up woundered if there was a show me how guide lol to follow.

2) I won't touch them them ha.

3) tyres it is been looking at the tyres u posted up on what u done today thead they any good buddy

4) I know a decent plc for it doing just wanted help on what make parts to buy and what people hv had before do they recon either of the 4 brands I posted are any good need to order and fit them what people's exp on the branded.

thx gaz

noisy pump unlikely to be wiring dude
044s are loud.. only quieter when sucking off swirl pots)

thx bill or well ha I can cope with it not too bad just need to wire it up witch I don't know how lol guide be ace

Prawn has a wiring guide with pictures and everything... check the later posts in his thread...

I have done a suspension update in my thread a couple of pages back with details of poly bushes, ARB's, camber plates and alignment figures...

<tuffty/>

what make parts are werth getting tuffty I know lemforder are good but how good are ocap, topran, q-drive they werthy to go on my car

If you want good then just buy OE... parts from ECP or GSF are as good as most for most of the time but if replacing bushes and stuff then superpro poly bushes (Bill is a dealer) are a better shout..

<tuffty/>

nice to know I can get them from bill.

what Bushies would u recomend changing with your exp tuffty not changed one since iv owned it it 6 year I'll do all the ones that don't need a press lol can do by hand then I'll do them.

I'll grab the ocap ball joints and drop links cheap but can see how long they last and if they fail after A year then I'll replace them with better ones next time