Finally an Induction kit for the S4 B9

zippster

Reaction score
anyone seen this yet?

Awe b9 airgate 1

looks good sounds good! snake oil? thoughts?

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/s4...carbon-intake-b9-s4-s5-available-now-2942147/

Reactions: Keef and KI6RAN
Good to hear that he mods are finally coming through for the B9 S4, I guess like many others it's a hard decision as the cars are leased on PCP'ed, so spending out on this, which lets face it isn't going to be cheap is a hard decision.

Sounds nice tho.

Good to hear that he mods are finally coming through for the B9 S4, I guess like many others it's a hard decision as the cars are leased on PCP'ed, so spending out on this, which lets face it isn't going to be cheap is a hard decision.

Sounds nice tho.

Yeah, one reason that I just fitted a K&N filter in place of my paper one. Sounds 80% the same as this (could be because the factory air box was retained with me so doesn't have those cut outs to hear it) and only cost like £35... :)

Yeah, one reason that I just fitted a K&N filter in place of my paper one. Sounds 80% the same as this (could be because the factory air box was retained with me so doesn't have those cut outs to hear it) and only cost like £35... :)

Does just replacing the filter with K&N make more noise in the cabin with the windows shut? Would there be any warranty issues with this?

I just want things louder and a bit more engaging. I want more engine / turbo / exhaust noise without spending hundreds or voiding the warranty and still can't find anything that meets the requirement. Would you recommend the K&N as a starting point?

Does just replacing the filter with K&N make more noise in the cabin with the windows shut? Would there be any warranty issues with this?

I just want things louder and a bit more engaging. I want more engine / turbo / exhaust noise without spending hundreds or voiding the warranty and still can't find anything that meets the requirement. Would you recommend the K&N as a starting point?

I wouldn't say that you can hear any more in the cabin with the windows shut to be honest. The car is so well insulated that you can't hear much in general from outside... I can tell you that you can definitely hear a difference if you crack the window though. It's just a replacement for the standard paper filter and all the OEM hardware is fully retained so I don't imagine that it could be used to void the warranty as air filters are consumables.

The filter is RD-6010 if you want to get one, it's just a generic replacement filter that fits in the OEM airbox. If you want the same noise as the AEM one you could always drill some big holes in the bottom of the airbox? :)

Reactions: zippster
My tuppence-worth: I’ve fitted K&N filters to various previous cars - Ford Puma, Mazda MX-5 (2 off), Alfa 147, and others - and concluded in each case that it made no difference to any aspect of the car’s performance that I could perceive.

Reactions: pierreluigi88
I wouldn't say that you can hear any more in the cabin with the windows shut to be honest. The car is so well insulated that you can't hear much in general from outside... I can tell you that you can definitely hear a difference if you crack the window though. It's just a replacement for the standard paper filter and all the OEM hardware is fully retained so I don't imagine that it could be used to void the warranty as air filters are consumables.

The filter is RD-6010 if you want to get one, it's just a generic replacement filter that fits in the OEM airbox. If you want the same noise as the AEM one you could always drill some big holes in the bottom of the airbox? :)

I'll go get my drill then :), cheers for the info!

Reactions: Daggerit
My tuppence-worth: I’ve fitted K&N filters to various previous cars - Ford Puma, Mazda MX-5 (2 off), Alfa 147, and others - and concluded in each case that it made no difference to any aspect of the car’s performance that I could perceive.

I'm definitely not claiming any performance gains, just that you can hear the turbo noises more! It all goes through the stock box and inlets so they'll likely be the restriction if anything.

Yes - I'm not after more performance, but I want it to do what it does with more drama. The standard output is plenty enough for me - if you ever need proof of how fast it really is, get your best mate to RAG it while you're in the passenger seat like I did the other day. Now I know!!

got any pictures of the install? was it easy to fit?

got any pictures of the install? was it easy to fit?

I don’t I’m afraid. It was literally just a case of opening the air box and replacing the stock air filter with the K&N one and then closing the box. So you can’t even tell it’s fitted from just looking under the bonnet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: zippster
I don’t I’m afraid. It was literally just a case of opening the air box and replacing the stock air filter with the K&N one and then closing the box. So you can’t even tell it’s fitted from just looking under the bonnet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks ..

Reactions: Daggerit