Finally got a new car

Coath

Reaction score
After looking for a coupe of months i have finally found a new car

What do you think !

Spent about 10 hours in total cleaning it over the weekend, which included my first clay bar attempt which I must say was pretty easy to use with really good results

This was my first go at a proper detail, any tips would be great
  • Wash with pressure wash
  • Wash using mit and 2 Bucket method with chemical guys shampoo
  • Rinse with pressure wash
  • Full clay 1 panel at a time using bilt hamber and mist setting on hose
  • Wash using mit and 2 Bucket method with chemical guys shampoo
  • Polished with autoglym super resin
  • Waxed with Autosmart carnauba wax
  • Wheels removed and cleaned with bilberry wheel cleaner
  • Wheels sealed with poor boys wheel sealant
  • Windows cleaned using autosmart glass glow
let me say what a great site this is, and i look forward to contributing to it

Audi 2

Audi

Reactions: unitzero, TOM.S, V6 Quatt and 1 other person
Hej Coath1983

Welcome to the site. Prepare to empty your pockets due to extreme Modding! hahaha This site can be dangerous to your wallet's health!
Cheers
Allan

Last edited:
Reactions: TOM.S and NHN
Great job fella, and welcome to ASN, Oh and as Allan says......................mod mod mod grrr seriously addictive lol

Mac

Welcome to audi-sport.net. That is a lovely car. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Very nice mate

Que the following posts-
"Looking to lower my Avant....what springs"
"To tint or not to tint"
"Where can i get a Cupra front splitter"
"I want these red LED's to light up the interiour of the car at night"
"Load cover keeps undo'ing itself...what can i do"
"Thinking of new wheels, whats everyone got"

Reactions: Coath
Wow what a warm welcome, cheers guys

When funds allow the modding will commence, just got to finish paying for the wedding, oh and i have a child on the way ... may be a while

thing i hate about this colour is, it always looks ok, never shiny shiny or extremely filthy. if that was black you would need shades on to view it

well done on the effort, how was the clay compared to Meguiars etc

I completely agree, but i like the fact it never looks dirty as it relaxes my OCD a little

As for the clay, it is the first one i have used and will not be the last, It was really easy to use just had the garden hose on mist setting and away I went

Very nice mate

Que the following posts-
"To tint or not to tint"

haha you missed, "how do i clean milky chrome trim", followed by "should i wrap or plati-dip my chrome grille/trim"...

nice looking wagon you have there, whats the spec?

goose

Very nice mate

Que the following posts-
"To tint or not to tint"

Tiffy, do you have a propper link to "To tint or not to tint", I have searched for it but can't find it.

I completely agree, but i like the fact it never looks dirty as it relaxes my OCD a little

As for the clay, it is the first one i have used and will not be the last, It was really easy to use just had the garden hose on mist setting and away I went

you should get a small spray bottle and add some car wash or use a detailer as the lube makes it more effective than plain ol water. intrigued by this clay and heard good things about it

Reactions: Coath
haha you missed, "how do i clean milky chrome trim", followed by "should i wrap or plati-dip my chrome
grille/trim"...

nice looking wagon you have there, whats the spec?

goose

Cheers mate, 1.8T sline BFB engine, completely standered at the moment, possibly a map soon if funds allow...

you should get a small spray bottle and add some car wash or use a detailer as the lube makes it more effective than plain ol water. intrigued by this clay and heard good things about it

Yeah I thought about that as I understand many clay bars need the lube, that was the main reason for buying the bilt hambler is as per instructions and I quote

Competing clays require the use of special lubricants. Bilt-Hamber Laboratories auto-clay differs as its formulation enables normal tap water to provide the necessary lubrication. Some clay bars contain surfactants such as powdered detergents or soaps. Long-term use of surfactants can have adverse effects on paint systems - auto-clay contains no surfactants detergents soaps or other soluble materials.

Give it a go SL4VE

thanks coath1983 - i will give it a go just need to psych myself up for wash/clay/wash/paint cleanse/polish and wax before passing out haha