Finally Got My Hands on a DTM!!!

Imwithstupid88

Hello Guys,

Just thought I would throw a thread up on here to keep progress on my DTM and the bits and bobs I've got planned for it. So thought it would be a good idea to keep it in a thread.

90k, FSH and 2 owners before myself.

Imwithstupid88

This was the day I got home..

Well to my Dad's house as I still had my other vehicle in my garage that was waiting to be collected by its new owner.

Attachments

• DTM1.jpg
    DTM1.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 54

Imwithstupid88

DTM6.jpg

I then took the Sparco alloy wheels off as they had been sold with my other vehicle and just fitted these for now, not the best looking alloy in my opinion.

DTM7.jpg

Then finally got her home after my other vehicle left earlier in the morning :rock:

Imwithstupid88

DTM2.jpg
DTM3.jpg

DTM4.jpg
DTM5.jpg

Managed to purchase a set of genuine mats off Ebay. Arrived a little dirty so gave them a steam clean and wet vac to freshen them up, so they are ready to go into the car once I get round to steam cleaning and a wet vac on the carpets :wink:

Imwithstupid88

Looking good have you got many plans for it?
Erm.... Not to much to be honest as its a rare car and don't really want to mess with it to much.

Obviously coilovers will be going on and I have a set of wheels to throw on as well but will be after a set of DTM wheels at some point!!

And other small touches along the way.

Imwithstupid88

DTM11.jpg

DTM13.jpg

Managed to fit LED lights throughout the car on the weekend, simple job and looks a lot better with the LED lights.
DTM12.jpg

Also whilst sorting the LED lights inside I fitted 4 under door puddle lights as well.

Imwithstupid88

DTM8.jpg

DTM9.jpg

DTM10.jpg

DTM14.jpg

DTM15.jpg

DTM16.jpg

DTM17.jpg

DTM18.jpg

DTM19.jpg

DTM20.jpg

DTM21.jpg

Also on the weekend i managed to get some cleaning done.
All arches and arch liners de-tared, fall out remover applied.
All door shuts and bumper trim steam cleaned.

Hoping to make a start on the engine or the interior this weekend.

Imwithstupid88

Few more updates..

Had last week off so thought i would tackle the interior. Took all seats out so i could steam and wet vac the carpets and also give me more access to the seats whilst they were out of the vehicle.

Interior is now fresh and clean and probably won't need doing again lol

DTM24.jpg

DTM25.jpg

DTM28.jpg

DTM22.jpg

DTM23.jpg

DTM26.jpg

DTM27.jpg

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
looks very nice, i need to do mine again now as well.
Did my TT a few weeks ago and it made a massive difference.

It's not until you remove the front seats that the very limited rear passenger legroom becomes clear, well if you have the front seatback that is, and for a tall driver/passenger that will be a fair way back.
maybe the B7 platform should have been a 2 +2 ..lol

Last edited:

Imwithstupid88

looks very nice, i need to do mine again now as well.
Did my TT a few weeks ago and it made a massive difference.

It's not until you remove the front seats that the very limited rear passenger legroom becomes clear, well if you have the front seatback that is, and for a tall driver/passenger that will be a fair way back.
maybe the B7 platform should have been a 2 +2 ..lol
Thank you.

Yeah it does make a difference as you can get down the sides of the seats so much easier and then hopefully won't need doing again lol.

I'm hoping I never have anyone in the back seats as I agree there isn't much room once you've got your seat set.. 2+2 long wheel base would be better haha

Imwithstupid88

Managed to fit a few engine bay bits yesterday.. Had the parts for my Birthday (can't beat parts for presents lol)..

First i fitted a black brake fluid cap..
DTM29.jpg

After that, i fitted the engine bay parts.. Looks a lot better in my opinion and makes the bay a little more tidy :yahoo:
DTM30.jpg

:rockwoot:

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
The engine side cover is always a nice touch, I still can't understand why it wasn't standard fitment to some variants along with the scuttle cover. :thumbs up:

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
My old bus has a lot of options fitted and some that were very rarely fitted , but they couldn't stretch to a plastic scuttle cover, the mind boggles to be honest.

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Exactly. :thumbs up:

Bradderz_1988

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!
What did you clean the seats with ?

Links appreciated

Pie-eyedpiper

Yeah totally agree mate, I don’t understand why the scuttle cover isn’t just standard. Especially how tidy it makes it

Pretty sure it was standard on the B6 and always has been in A6 models.

Imwithstupid88

At the weekend I finally got round to giving these a polish. Had them for my birthday and not got round to doing it till now lol.

These will be wrapped in a light smoke film before fitting in the next month or so.

DTM31.jpg

Imwithstupid88

So its been a very busy few weeks..

DTM32.jpg

DTM33.jpg

DTM34.jpg

DTM35.jpg

DTM36.jpg

DTM37.jpg

DTM38.jpg

DTM39.jpg

DTM40.jpg

As you can see vehicle is fully stripped and is now in the hands with the painter.. Managed to get my little lad out to give me a hand lol..

Hoping to get back before Christmas so it can be all built back up an ready for early January..

Really excited :yahoo:

Inertiauk