Finally Got My Hands on a DTM!!!

Imwithstupid88

Reaction score
Hello Guys,

Just thought I would throw a thread up on here to keep progress on my DTM and the bits and bobs I've got planned for it. So thought it would be a good idea to keep it in a thread.

90k, FSH and 2 owners before myself.

This was the day I got home..

Well to my Dad's house as I still had my other vehicle in my garage that was waiting to be collected by its new owner.

Attachments

• DTM1.jpg
    DTM1.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 128
Reactions: Inertiauk, Jcbmally, creweaudiparts and 1 other person
DTM6

I then took the Sparco alloy wheels off as they had been sold with my other vehicle and just fitted these for now, not the best looking alloy in my opinion.

DTM7

Then finally got her home after my other vehicle left earlier in the morning :rock:

Reactions: Jcbmally and Stu_b7
DTM2
DTM3

DTM4
DTM5

Managed to purchase a set of genuine mats off Ebay. Arrived a little dirty so gave them a steam clean and wet vac to freshen them up, so they are ready to go into the car once I get round to steam cleaning and a wet vac on the carpets :wink:

Reactions: Jcbmally and Stu_b7
Looking good have you got many plans for it?
Erm.... Not to much to be honest as its a rare car and don't really want to mess with it to much.

Obviously coilovers will be going on and I have a set of wheels to throw on as well but will be after a set of DTM wheels at some point!!

And other small touches along the way.

Reactions: Jcbmally
Yeah price seems fair enough. I’m after a set for my A4 avant

Reactions: Imwithstupid88
DTM11

DTM13

Managed to fit LED lights throughout the car on the weekend, simple job and looks a lot better with the LED lights.
DTM12

Also whilst sorting the LED lights inside I fitted 4 under door puddle lights as well.

Reactions: Jcbmally and Sandra
DTM8

DTM9

DTM10

DTM14

DTM15

DTM16

DTM17

DTM18

DTM19

DTM20

DTM21

Also on the weekend i managed to get some cleaning done.
All arches and arch liners de-tared, fall out remover applied.
All door shuts and bumper trim steam cleaned.

Hoping to make a start on the engine or the interior this weekend.

First few cleans on a new car are always the most satisfying, love getting in about all the places most car owners wouldn’t dream of cleaning!

Reactions: Sandra, Jcbmally and Imwithstupid88
First few cleans on a new car are always the most satisfying, love getting in about all the places most car owners wouldn’t dream of cleaning!
Totally agree mate, all the places people don't think to clean are the most satisfying.

Reactions: S4 Muzza and Jcbmally
Spent a while trying to find a dtm in yellow, I saw a sprint blue one with white bmw tiger claws and I have to say it worked :grin:

Few more updates..

Had last week off so thought i would tackle the interior. Took all seats out so i could steam and wet vac the carpets and also give me more access to the seats whilst they were out of the vehicle.

Interior is now fresh and clean and probably won't need doing again lol

DTM24

DTM25

DTM28

DTM22

DTM23

DTM26

DTM27

looks very nice, i need to do mine again now as well.
Did my TT a few weeks ago and it made a massive difference.

It's not until you remove the front seats that the very limited rear passenger legroom becomes clear, well if you have the front seatback that is, and for a tall driver/passenger that will be a fair way back.
maybe the B7 platform should have been a 2 +2 ..lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Imwithstupid88
looks very nice, i need to do mine again now as well.
Did my TT a few weeks ago and it made a massive difference.

It's not until you remove the front seats that the very limited rear passenger legroom becomes clear, well if you have the front seatback that is, and for a tall driver/passenger that will be a fair way back.
maybe the B7 platform should have been a 2 +2 ..lol
Thank you.

Yeah it does make a difference as you can get down the sides of the seats so much easier and then hopefully won't need doing again lol.

I'm hoping I never have anyone in the back seats as I agree there isn't much room once you've got your seat set.. 2+2 long wheel base would be better haha

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Managed to fit a few engine bay bits yesterday.. Had the parts for my Birthday (can't beat parts for presents lol)..

First i fitted a black brake fluid cap..
DTM29

After that, i fitted the engine bay parts.. Looks a lot better in my opinion and makes the bay a little more tidy :yahoo:
DTM30

:rockwoot:

Reactions: Fully, Stu_b7 and Charlie Farley
The engine side cover is always a nice touch, I still can't understand why it wasn't standard fitment to some variants along with the scuttle cover. :thumbs up:

The engine side cover is always a nice touch, I still can't understand why it wasn't standard fitment to some variants along with the scuttle cover. :thumbs up:
Yeah totally agree mate, I don’t understand why the scuttle cover isn’t just standard. Especially how tidy it makes it

Reactions: Charlie Farley
My old bus has a lot of options fitted and some that were very rarely fitted , but they couldn't stretch to a plastic scuttle cover, the mind boggles to be honest.

What did you clean the seats with ?

Links appreciated
Carbon Collective products mate.

Carbon Collective Reset on the Alcantara.. Carbon Collective Revive on the Leather and then I've got the Leather Protection to apply as well.

Reactions: Bradderz_1988
At the weekend I finally got round to giving these a polish. Had them for my birthday and not got round to doing it till now lol.

These will be wrapped in a light smoke film before fitting in the next month or so.

DTM31

Reactions: Inertiauk, tr7 and Fully
So its been a very busy few weeks..

DTM32

DTM33

DTM34

DTM35

DTM36

DTM37

DTM38

DTM39

DTM40

As you can see vehicle is fully stripped and is now in the hands with the painter.. Managed to get my little lad out to give me a hand lol..

Hoping to get back before Christmas so it can be all built back up an ready for early January..

Really excited :yahoo:

Reactions: Inertiauk
Nice, I've never seen one in imola yellow, found one in the register thread...

Is there a way to know out of all the DTM's still registered how many there are of each colour ?

Attachments

• dtm1.jpg
    dtm1.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 65
Nice, I've never seen one in imola yellow, found one in the register thread...

Is there a way to know out of all the DTM's still registered how many there are of each colour ?
Not sure on how to find them mate to be honest

Reactions: Inertiauk