Finance Advice

Very nice. A bit of finance is fine IMO. As long as you can afford it and it doesn't go into negative equity, which given your deposit, is highly unlikely.
Negative equity is less risky if you take gap insurance - then the only problem is if you want to sell it before the finance is paid off.

When you have found the car try calling this guy I know called Adam Stott he sorted me a good deal on my s3, his number is 07702191357, if you go with him just tell him Matthew Scopes refered you.

Hope it helps, Matt

Thanks Matt - I am in Northern Ireland and some insurance companies are dubious about us for some reason lol but if I will give him a shout anyway!

Thanks

Well gents!!

Deposit paid and finance arranged just waiting approval! :)

Hopefully picking the car up tomorrow or maybe even this evening :)

Thanks for all the help and advice chaps!

What did you get for yours btw Boycie?

Also I hope you checked the early settlement clauses, make sure if you become flush you can settle up easily with no massive penalties or huge interest lump to pay.

What did you get for yours btw Boycie?

Also I hope you checked the early settlement clauses, make sure if you become flush you can settle up easily with no massive penalties or huge interest lump to pay.

My parents have bought mine as long as I return it to as standard as possible. My brother has just graduated from his law degree and his job doesnt start until 2010 so he will be around for another year, therefore he needs transport - my Dad just said that to me last night so I was quite shocked and pleased!

You always call me boycie lol you must have a very fat index finger :p

My parents have bought mine as long as I return it to as standard as possible. My brother has just graduated from his law degree and his job doesnt start until 2010 so he will be around for another year, therefore he needs transport - my Dad just said that to me last night so I was quite shocked and pleased!

You always call me boycie lol you must have a very fat index finger :p

So what did they give you for the car, stop evading the question you tart, lol.

Hey I like to be different, Boycie always reminds me of Only Fools & Horses, lol & no I dont think you're a Horse, lmfao

Well its also better cause you can remove all your nice bits, they love you huh, lmao, well roll on S3.

Congratz on the S3 :happy: I see the A3 staying with the family lol! Plus you get all your bits off the A3! Enjoy the car when you pick it up mate. Lets us know how you get on and your thoughts on the S3 and some more photos! You planning on putting your audio system in the S3? Plus the steering wheel and alloys?

Ashley

Thanks lad

Plan to transfer over as much as possible - vents, steering wheel, alloys once I chose what coilovers to go for (If I chose to do so!!), rear lights etc...

I will be selling the trim, head unit, coilovers etc....

I will plan to fit my audio but that wont be for a while yet - mine will not directly fit due to the s3 having a shallower boot so I will probably try modify it in some way or my mate might be sellin a build he had for his R32 which I might see if it will fit!!

Hope I do not get the bad tuning bug lol

Hope I do not get the bad tuning bug lol

Its called AJ, a false sense of security, buying the S3 is the worst possible thing you could do for less tuning, lol, so lets start a thread for votes on Boycie's 1st mod, feck it I'm gonna.

Yeah I would plan to get kw's or eibachs but not for a couple of months anyway!!

Is your man on here still selling kw's?? would a 2.0t quattro fit S3??

I am trying to source a black grill too off ebay.de - wild prices!!

First engine mod will be:

http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=010202&product=FMFSITR

So let me see, that took about 30 minutes to start modding, lmfao, you wimp, your will power is terrible lol.

S3 badge, no mate but there cheap from audi anyway, ask the dealer for one for free, lmao

Cheers lad - I need a drivers side A-pillar which is proving hard to find :( got a passenger side one from a breakers for £5 as opposed to £25 from Audi each!!

No Boydie, those KWs don't fit I'm afraid. Well don't pull 19"s on without coilys, otherwise I'll be calling you an irish tractor boy....

tractor_of_year_2005.jpg

LOL 19's will be going no where near the car until the suspension is sorted - plus I want to clean them properly again and do a good job!

Picking the car up tomorrow after soon - I am more nervous than excited lol

nice one welcome to S3 ownership

i now have 2 sprint blue S3 on the drive as my mum has one too lol

Well in Boydie, looking forward to seeing the finished article - finished after the mods you will do. :moa::salute:

About the car: same as mine SB with the silver inserts on the leather. Tell you what, if it is still on original tyres @ 16k it has had an easy life - which good news for you. :s3addict:

i dont think it will to be honest as i think the exhaust exits slightly differently

A lot of money just and haven't owned petrol for 6 years so worried slightly about bills and that im pretty flat broke this month now lol

But still, that will all change tomorrow afternoon and be forgotten about!

probably had a new engine due to someone knocking the bottom off the sump ,either that or flood damage ?

a cat d is ok if you plan on keeping a car a number of years to the point that the resale value is that low the car isnt worth checking to see if its on the register

and in 5 years time the car will still be worth alot of £

dont buy the cat d

probably had a new engine due to someone knocking the bottom off the sump ,either that or flood damage ?

a cat d is ok if you plan on keeping a car a number of years to the point that the resale value is that low the car isnt worth checking to see if its on the register

and in 5 years time the car will still be worth alot of £

dont buy the cat d

lol mate, he already bought another one! :lmfao:

A lot of money just and haven't owned petrol for 6 years so worried slightly about bills and that im pretty flat broke this month now lol

But still, that will all change tomorrow afternoon and be forgotten about!

it will be like the 24th DEcember and trying to get to sleep, you'll be tooooo excited to sleep. Don't worry about fuel, when your 65 i'm sure you will look back and think i'm glad i had the S3 rather than saving £000000's on fuel and having a large stash of werthers :)

I keep getting tempted by the S3 but strangly i'm drawn towards the Leon Cupra, similar engine, less grip but sooooo much cheaper which gives me more money to spend on fuel :) oh and i'm not keen on having the same style car twice !

I drove my mates tuned cupra and liked it but couldnt warm to the interior - plus I do not have or plan to have kids so no need for a 5 door! lol

Also, in Northern Ireland, there are sooooooooooooo many kitted leons!!