• Worse than 2008

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • A lot worse thwan 2008

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

motorbikez

Reaction score
Its that time of year again guys the same poll I have put up for the last 3 years, lets have your comments and opinions as to where our government is taking us financially.

On a personal note I am worse off than last year having given myself a 20% pay cut on a positive note I still have a business.
Would be too much to hope the public sector would do likewise but a pay freeze for the useless politicians and pen pushers would be start.

Whilst turnover is good, overheads have krept up by a large amount, I can only say it's going to be worse than 2008 at this moment in time.

a mess, and going by every third person i meet more doom n gloom on the way. lookin bad up in the northern hemisphere, hmmmmmmmmmm:keule:

I guess I am pretty lucky having a fairly secure job which will be unaffected largely by any recession, so am only really affected by interest rates and inflation etc. Thus far interest rates are lower which is good for my mortgage and with the recent drop in fuel prices, vat etc then hopefully 2009 won't be too bad. Fingers crossed :sm4:

Most of this crunch is caused by pure speculation but I don't think anyone can stop the slide downhill.

It's all great for me though!

Well at least they are finally bringing are troops back home - I think thats the only positive thing that will come from 2009.

well with another young one on the way Id say ill be worse off but will enjoy it :)

We're currently 'enjoying' maternity pay, and will be for a good few months yet.
After that, although the wife will go back to work, we'll have childminding costs.
So our disposable income will be quite severely curtailed for around 3 years, until the wee one goes to (free) nursery.
Still, as you say, it's enjoyable!:)