First Audi on its way

Gadgeygoo

Reaction score
So I've got a brand new black SLine A3 on its way to me for Friday and excited is an understatement.

It's quite basic as I wanted to keep monthly payments as low as possible, and I didn't have much in terms of a deposit.

1.4 TFSI 125
Brilliant black
Comfort pack
Privacy glass

Now I've been reading up online the last couple of days trying to work out a few things.

• will I be able to ask Audi to enable my satnav?
• cost?
• how long does it take?
• Audi connectivity pack: the hell is this?! Will mine have it as standard as it's an SLine?
• I would like the grille surround painting black and possibly my wheels - can anybody on here vouch for somebody based close to Manchester?
• will my car be taxed for the year? I think it's only £30 but I've been told to check whether they'll do it for me

I'm going in on Monday to sign off the finance paperwork, any tips for haggling a full tank of fuel/tax/any paint protection products would be much appreciated

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Pulp84
Forget paint protection mate, its a waste of effort. My wife just purchased a 2012 TT Back Edition (in black). I've just machine polished and waxed (Britemax vantage) it to smarten up the poor effort Audi did when they polished it and protected the paint.

Deal wise, for my S3 I put the details in to carwow which gave me good ammo for a 10% discount.

Wow that doesn't sound good. I think I'll swerve that then.

As for a deal, we've already shook hands. I had a target for myself and Partner (she bagged an SLine A1) and we've come under budget so we're happy

Reactions: Jay_A
Excellent stuff mate. Enjoy the new motors.

Welcome to Audi-sport.net. Enjoy your new cars and the forum. Be sure to post pics when you collect. ;)

Sandra I think you've got more chance of me spamming your forum with pics!

Reactions: sunscreemer and Sandra
You can get answers to some of your questions by downloading a brochure. Eg Connect is an option and you won't have sat nav unless you spec'd it.

Well here it is

I absolutely love it.
b392a7cfb321a7b50a9ce9af94e7070a.jpg

Reactions: RossR, Andy Mealor, Scottyg and 7 others
That Brilliant black has a real deep gloss to it............love it :)

That Brilliant black has a real deep gloss to it............love it :)

Whoops! So it looks like I posted in a different thread about what spec I got!

Nutshell: the deposit I put down on Car A (as first mentioned) DIDNT end up securing me the car we 'dealt' on. Which I was not very happy about.

I was then told by the dealer principle I would definitely receive this other car, Car B (metallic black/privacy glass).

The dealer THEN rang and said it could be either of TWO vehicles (Car B or Car C) and he didn't know which one they would be getting.

Eventually, 5 days later than planned, I received my a3 with the spec:

• metallic black
• privacy glass
• comfort pack
• 150ps variant!!!!

All for the same price which we originally dealt on . Needless to say i was/still am absolutely buzzing with how it's turned out.

Now I'm after some commercial grade car paint polish to help keep the grime off it!

Reactions: Simon L
I've been going through stages of regretting getting black instead of white, but seeing this pic, I think I'm happy with my decision. Either would have been great but I'm really pleased looking at yours!

Reactions: Gadgeygoo and Muttley75
Looks great. Enjoy the motor. I've been spending the last week detailing mine. You've got a lot of work to keep the paint looking that good. Recommend a product called poor boys black hole. Fantastic for back cars. Enjoy

Looks great. Enjoy the motor. I've been spending the last week detailing mine. You've got a lot of work to keep the paint looking that good. Recommend a product called poor boys black hole. Fantastic for back cars. Enjoy
I've had a look online for this mate think I'll be investing! I'll let you know how I get on. Do you have any pics?

Very nice mate, but now you need to tell your boss you are doing a shorter working week!!! I have black and love it, but keeping it clean is a second job :D I'm dreading the winter months!!! :blink:

If you want the alloys going black, have you thought of plastidip? That way if you don't like them after a while you can just peal it off!

I've had a look online for this mate think I'll be investing! I'll let you know how I get on. Do you have any pics?

I can do better than pics as I use it as well: http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/new-da-poorboys-black-hole-g3-wax.250687/

S32B that looks MINT on that url you've sent. Reading up on the comments on it.. And I'm getting confused with some of the terms. DA? Cutting? Fillers?

*noob over here if you hadn't already guessed *

DA = Dual Action polisher.
Cutting = Basically cutting the paint/sanding it down.
Fillers = If you had a crack in your walls plaster, you'd use polyfilla to fill it and make it smooth....same principle!

Makes sense!

Looking online, I think I'm going to buy the Black Hole glaze along with the Black Hole wax as a twosome for £29.

I would then just use the megiuars shampoo or my snow lance beforehand/dry with cloth/glaze/wax/buff in that order..

Is that about right?
1fe0547047c3f7ba62946a698b2f7fbe.jpg

If you haven't got any swirl marks on the car yet, I'd say have a good read on this and other forums about how to clean your car properly and avoid swirls etc. Then make a shopping list ;)

I'm so confused . I don't believe I have any swirl marks tbh.. I should hope not having only had it 5 days! I wish there was just a beginners kit with everything you needed

lol if only! :p Wait until you ask what polish to use and you get 12 different answers :D

Use both of those products, they are both very good. As long as you top of the wax frequently and wash it correctly, you should avoid swirl marks. And whatever you do, do not let anyone else wash it, unless they are a proper detailer. Only problem with this is that you either have to wash it loads throughout winter, or it ends up looking dirty a lot of the time. Always the problem with black cars, look amazing when just washed but it never lasts long. :pensive:

Black car....simple's Gtechniq C1+EXO2...and as a top up C2 v3....unbeatable for shine and maintenance...nothing comes close

Black car....simple's Gtechniq C1+EXO2...and as a top up C2 v3....unbeatable for shine and maintenance...nothing comes close
I've been on the gtechniq website mate but I can't find the exact products you mean? Would you mind dropping us a link to them? I've heard very good reviews on the gtechniq range especially for black cars

Lovely car buddy. If you are a beginner, which by what you say you are then the two products you've got should be perfect.
What I would add, is its all in the preparation of the paint before you touch it with glaze, wax, sealant or whatever.
Get yourself two buckets and a grit guard, essential on a black car. Only use a lambs wool mitt. Sponges and even noodle mitts can swirl your car up. You said you have a snowfoam lance? Put the snowfoam on the car when it's dry. The foam will cling to the car and agitate the dirt thus less chance of you marking the paint. With any car, the less you actually touch it the less it will mark. Check out Junkman videos on YouTube and pop over to Detailing World. It'll scare you are first but you can filter down to what you need. Here's my old black insignia with Blackhole topped with Dodo Juice Purple Haze wax. Enjoy your car.

I've been on the gtechniq website mate but I can't find the exact products you mean? Would you mind dropping us a link to them? I've heard very good reviews on the gtechniq range especially for black cars

Ultimatefinish.Co.uk or cleanyour.Co.uk

1.gtechniq panel wipe 250ml
2.gtechniq C1 + EXO2 both in 30ml bottle size.
3.C2v3 500ml
4.Pack of 10 microfiber cloths or 2 packs
5 gtechniq applicators pack of 10
If you buy the C1 +EXO2 pack it's cheaper than buying the separately
These products are all you need for minimum car maintenance with maximum results

Reactions: arthur
Ultimatefinish.Co.uk or cleanyour.Co.uk

1.gtechniq panel wipe 250ml
2.gtechniq C1 + EXO2 both in 30ml bottle size.
3.C2v3 500ml
4.Pack of 10 microfiber cloths or 2 packs
5 gtechniq applicators pack of 10
If you buy the C1 +EXO2 pack it's cheaper than buying the separately
These products are all you need for minimum car maintenance with maximum results
All this arrived today

Going to see how the paint looks before deciding between gtechniq c1 etc... Or just poor boys gloss/wax
2da33bca4fc30905e6f41f2d8b66c8a8.jpg

Reactions: Jassyo06
All this arrived today

Going to see how the paint looks before deciding between gtechniq c1 etc... Or just poor boys gloss/wax
2da33bca4fc30905e6f41f2d8b66c8a8.jpg
My paintwork was very good,l would just apply a quick detailer for the meantime until you decide if your paintwork is up to scratch...lol it will save you work when applying the the gtechniq panel wipe less product residue to remove,
I would try the bonnet as a test panel for the C1/C2v3 then l can guarantee you will be over the moon with the results and apply it to all the car,by the way remember you will need to apply the Exo2 within 2 weeks of opening the bottle!

My paintwork was very good,l would just apply a quick detailer for the meantime until you decide if your paintwork is up to scratch...lol it will save you work when applying the the gtechniq panel wipe less product residue to remove,
I would try the bonnet as a test panel for the C1/C2v3 then l can guarantee you will be over the moon with the results and apply it to all the car,by the way remember you will need to apply the Exo2 within 2 weeks of opening the bottle!

Can you recommend a quick detailer in the meantime? The thing that's worrying me about the gtechniq is 1) cost 2) how long will it last 3) how far will it go

Thanks for the tips!

Quick detailer 500 ml C2v3 it's great stuff just do one panel at a time
The 30 ml bottle's are more than enough to cover the car,use the C1 sparingly it goes a long way so does the EXO2
As for durability EXO2 on top of C1 should last a couple of years
Once you have a couple of panels you will get to know it's application and the amounts you need

Whoops! So it looks like I posted in a different thread about what spec I got!

Nutshell: the deposit I put down on Car A (as first mentioned) DIDNT end up securing me the car we 'dealt' on. Which I was not very happy about.

I was then told by the dealer principle I would definitely receive this other car, Car B (metallic black/privacy glass).

The dealer THEN rang and said it could be either of TWO vehicles (Car B or Car C) and he didn't know which one they would be getting.

Eventually, 5 days later than planned, I received my a3 with the spec:

• metallic black
• privacy glass
• comfort pack
• 150ps variant!!!!

All for the same price which we originally dealt on . Needless to say i was/still am absolutely buzzing with how it's turned out.

Now I'm after some commercial grade car paint polish to help keep the grime off it!

Congrats! I have the 150PS TFSI and it's a decent engine. Though wish I spec'd in Brilliant Black and got the privacy glass like you did.

What suspension setup did you go for? SE, Sport or S-Line?

Congrats! I have the 150PS TFSI and it's a decent engine. Though wish I spec'd in Brilliant Black and got the privacy glass like you did.

What suspension setup did you go for? SE, Sport or S-Line?
Yeah I like the engine!

And I'm not entirely sure mate. I didn't order it, it was just one which was available at the time. Any ideas how I could check? Anyone?

Suspension spec - there's a fairly recent thread on it. You should be able to tell from the codes in your service book. Or you could get it from your vin via MyAudi.

Suspension spec - there's a fairly recent thread on it. You should be able to tell from the codes in your service book. Or you could get it from your vin via MyAudi.
Turns out I have sports suspension. I think I would've preferred SLine but I'm not going to fuss.

Got my new plates made debating contacting DVLA and putting them on soon
51c10e3d48b0860aa7f4cc68182bf184.jpg

Turns out I have sports suspension. I think I would've preferred SLine but I'm not going to fuss.

Got my new plates made debating contacting DVLA and putting them on soon
51c10e3d48b0860aa7f4cc68182bf184.jpg
Is it me or your plate is a bit up on the right side ?

Haha yeah, I just blutac'd them on to see how they looked so it's probably a bit skewered