First fault code: P218800-System Too Rich Off Idle Bank 1

s3facelift09

Reaction score
I have a PFL 2016. RS3, and any help would be much appreciated. This is the first engine/powertrain what ever related problem since owning the car. Maybe it's just a one time fault, we''ll keep track in the next couple hundred miles, so we'll see if it pops up again.

Last edited:
I have a PFL 2016. RS3, and any help would be much appreciated. This is the first engine/powertrain what ever related problem since owning the car. Maybe it's just a one time fault, we''ll keep track in the next couple hundred miles, so we'll see if it pops up again.
Any other issues ? Idle ok ? etc

Any other issues ? Idle ok ? etc
I didn't notice any major difference in the car's behavior when in idle. I don't know, I'm not sure for what to look out when in idle. I have a bad habit to change the Drive Select from Dynamic to other styles really fast, a couple times in a minute, due to skipping the right style if I'm in a hurry. I don't know if this could be the cause of the problem? Because I know Dynamic gives sends more fuel to the engine.

I didn't notice any major difference in the car's behavior when in idle. I don't know, I'm not sure for what to look out when in idle. I have a bad habit to change the Drive Select from Dynamic to other styles really fast, a couple times in a minute, due to skipping the right style if I'm in a hurry. I don't know if this could be the cause of the problem? Because I know Dynamic gives sends more fuel to the engine.
Did you clear it then see if it comes back straight away ?

It popped out Tuesday after we did the oil change, we cleared it, I did 70 miles since, we'll check tonight or tomorrow at the latest. What I found on google that could be related to this fault is: HPFP, injectors, cam follower, M.A.F etc.. I didn't see that this engine had problems related to this fault, or any other RS3..

Poslano sa mog SM-N986B koristeći Tapatalk

It popped out Tuesday after we did the oil change, we cleared it, I did 70 miles since, we'll check tonight or tomorrow at the latest. What I found on google that could be related to this fault is: HPFP, injectors, cam follower, M.A.F etc.. I didn't see that this engine had problems related to this fault, or any other RS3..

Poslano sa mog SM-N986B koristeći Tapatalk

Too many variables there.

One to keep an eye on though if I were you.

Injector is worth keeping an eye on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk