First look at RS3 in detail…

A VAG dealer quoted me £2000 more than WBAC and WBAC would be the last place on the planet I'd go to sell my car mate but used prices are all relevant one of the guys l work with just snapped up a well optioned Golf 8 GTI for £34k ex demo with 5k on the clock £39k car its really nice apart from the seat upholstery which looks cheap,l should have jumped at the G8R l saw a few weeks back nice spec and white is low maintenance getting fed up with the detailing malarkey ..here are a few photos of my works colleagues car its better looking than the 8Y in my opinion
Love the way TT is parked in the corner - no one is going to to be able to park next to that lol :congratulatory:

Reactions: BarryG79, NevMan, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
A VAG dealer quoted me £2000 more than WBAC and WBAC would be the last place on the planet I'd go to sell my car mate but used prices are all relevant one of the guys l work with just snapped up a well optioned Golf 8 GTI for £34k ex demo with 5k on the clock £39k car its really nice apart from the seat upholstery which looks cheap,l should have jumped at the G8R l saw a few weeks back nice spec and white is low maintenance getting fed up with the detailing malarkey ..here are a few photos of my works colleagues car its better looking than the 8Y in my opinion

That looks ace & nice to see red on a car too. The golf gti is a great car choice be it gti, club sport or R. I like everything about the golf except the droopy front lights and cheap materials they use on the none leather seats. I don’t think any of the current cars are perfect though so you gotta compromise on something and for each of us that’s a different factor depending on what is most important to us.

Reactions: NevMan, Frizzley and Jassyo06

Yuk that blue .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Frizzley and Jassyo06
lol only messin……. I like it a lot Jassy

Reactions: Frizzley and Jassyo06
Love the way TT is parked in the corner - no one is going to to be able to park next to that lol :congratulatory:
Lol l hate how long the doors are on the tt ....but it's still no excuse for parking like l do lol

Reactions: NevMan, Snake Pliskin, Frizzley and 1 other person

Although I still like white cars too
9d18d4d2319939fd59319711a8611f21.jpg

Reactions: NevMan, Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06

I don't mind at all pal as l hate turbo blue with a passion ....bleached out blue as l call it

Reactions: Moots, NevMan, 8YARWY and 1 other person
That looks ace & nice to see red on a car too. The golf gti is a great car choice be it gti, club sport or R. I like everything about the golf except the droopy front lights and cheap materials they use on the none leather seats. I don’t think any of the current cars are perfect though so you gotta compromise on something and for each of us that’s a different factor depending on what is most important to us.
Kings Red pearl metallic stunning colour very similar to Garnet red mate the more you look at the Mk8 GTi the more the front grows on ya but it definitely needs leather seats....as well as panoramic roof, DCC rear camera ...19s,upgraded sound system and road tax is £195 @ year

Reactions: NevMan, 8YARWY and Snake Pliskin
Kings Red pearl metallic stunning colour very similar to Garnet red mate the more you look at the Mk8 GTi the more the front grows on ya but it definitely needs leather seats....as well as panoramic roof, DCC rear camera ...19s,upgraded sound system and road tax is £195 @ year
Yeah I’d agree on that spec totally & same as I’d go for.

Reactions: NevMan
I just wish they’d hurry up and get the RS3 out to dealers.

Audi are always late releasing the RS3 and this one is taking ages again.

Reactions: Terminator x and NevMan
I just wish they’d hurry up and get the RS3 out to dealers.

Audi are always late releasing the RS3 and this one is taking ages again.

Lol you that desperate to off load the hoover

Reactions: Terminator x, Jassyo06, NevMan and 1 other person
Lol you that desperate to off load the hoover

just frustrated with the tediously long wait / build up Audi appear to insist on each time :)

I’ve started to see the new GTI and R appearing on the roads now, quite a few around here actually.

Ive got to say, I’m not a fan of either. Similar to the issue with the 8Y they look disproportionate and sit too high. The MI is awful in them as well, clunky, crashy and most settings need to be charged using it and tend to be buried in several sub menus.

I’ve started to see the new GTI and R appearing on the roads now, quite a few around here actually.

Ive got to say, I’m not a fan of either. Similar to the issue with the 8Y they look disproportionate and sit too high. The MI is awful in them as well, clunky, crashy and most settings need to be charged using it and tend to be buried in several sub menus.

Says the bloke with a stunning porker . Most cars nowadays benefit from lowering and spacers. But agree, for me the haptic buttons and interface is not the best.

But I have been looking at GTI, Clubsport and R for awhile. I would definitely go white, 19”s, DCC, pano and a few other options, but probably not leather @£1600.

Mrs thinking she would like a smaller car and going to look at the Abarth 595 (what she likes!).

WBAC offering £22k for Cooper S, and Motorway £22.9k. I know I could get more but essentially haven’t lost anything on tbe car and have had since Mar 20. £7k deposit down, and 0% APR. Gonna get that deposit back easily, and some.

So might end up getting myself a motor again, and Golf definitely on tbe shortlist, but still like the M135i too or even the 128ti (minus the decals)

Reactions: SPIKE_, Chris4410, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
I think the RS3 should suit white based on how the S3 looks ....

Says the bloke with a stunning porker . Most cars nowadays benefit from lowering and spacers. But agree, for me the haptic buttons and interface is not the best.

But I have been looking at GTI, Clubsport and R for awhile. I would definitely go white, 19”s, DCC, pano and a few other options, but probably not leather @£1600.

Mrs thinking she would like a smaller car and going to look at the Abarth 595 (what she likes!).

WBAC offering £22k for Cooper S, and Motorway £22.9k. I know I could get more but essentially haven’t lost anything on tbe car and have had since Mar 20. £7k deposit down, and 0% APR. Gonna get that deposit back easily, and some.

So might end up getting myself a motor again, and Golf definitely on tbe shortlist, but still like the M135i too or even the 128ti (minus the decals)

A set of springs and spacers should definitely help, but for me the proportions of the car are still all wrong and no amount or lowering is going to fix this. Looking at one, it just looks like a big awkward box.

A set of springs and spacers should definitely help, but for me the proportions of the car are still all wrong and no amount or lowering is going to fix this. Looking at one, it just looks like a big awkward box.
The photos of that GTI l posted definitely doesn't need lowered at all nor the need for spacers to my eyes it sits as low if not lower than my TT which does require spacers on the rear

The photos of that GTI l posted definitely doesn't need lowered at all nor the need for spacers to my eyes it sits as low if not lower than my TT which does require spacers on the rear

Those wheels make a world of difference to how it sits and looks, any I have seen on the road have had the standard wheels, which are frankly too small for the car, and awful looking.

Interesting......if you go for a Golf, it has to be the Clubsport though! I really liked the M135 when it came out, but for some reason the more I see of them on the road the more I can't warm to them anymore. Out of the two, I would go for the 128ti (and minus the decals as you said!).

I would think you will notice the difference going to the Abarth 595 from the MINI. Cracking looking wee cars, but they are based on a 12+ year old platform now, and not sure if the tech will be the same? All said and done, whatever her in doors wants, her in doors gets :busted cop:

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06
Interesting......if you go for a Golf, it has to be the Clubsport though! I really liked the M135 when it came out, but for some reason the more I see of them on the road the more I can't warm to them anymore. Out of the two, I would go for the 128ti (and minus the decals as you said!).

I would think you will notice the difference going to the Abarth 595 from the MINI. Cracking looking wee cars, but they are based on a 12+ year old platform now, and not sure if the tech will be the same? All said and done, whatever her in doors wants, her in doors gets :busted cop:
My wife’s just got a brand new abarth 595, defo an upgrade on the older ones (I had an 11 plate one ages ago) still great fun to drive but now has tft instrument cluster/CarPlay etc.
542668AC C1F9 4A4A BF5D F3538D6FD8DE

Reactions: NevMan, SPIKE_, pburv and 2 others

white is low maintenance getting fed up with the detailing malarkey
Finally. After all these years you have known me you get it . :whistle2: :friends:

Reactions: BarryG79, Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06
Finally. After all these years you have known me you get it . :whistle2: :friends:
White cars are for folks who just want to blend into the background l did have 2 of them ye know although l never had no other choice at the time

• Haha
Reactions: NevMan, Snake Pliskin and pburv
White cars are for folks who just want to blend into the background l did have 2 of them ye know although l never had no other choice at the time
Mr Incognito me lol

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06
Those wheels make a world of difference to how it sits and looks, any I have seen on the road have had the standard wheels, which are frankly too small for the car, and awful looking.

And to be fair “most” cars looks cr*p with standard wheels. Gotta go 19”s on the Golf, as you would want to on a M135i or S3 etc. As far as it looking like a box, can’t argue there, but I quite like it

Reactions: Chris4410, Jassyo06 and Snake Pliskin

Agree mate, but does depend on the funds available as determined not to go silly monthlies again. That said was watching a video of the Clubsport 45 earlier .

Can’t argue with your comments, and I have to agree with you, but let’s see what she thinks, as that is all that counts. But back to some of the reasoning, it “may” be in our interests to get rid of the Cooper S and release £8k+ and use that to get into two motors if you know what I mean.

No rush though as Mini on 0% until March 22, then will need to
Change/buy/re-finance etc

Test drive booked for Wednesday @ 10am. Will let you know

Reactions: SPIKE_ and Snake Pliskin

the problem with a lot of brands is the colour options are $hi7e vs white which generally looks really good ... if you like white ... & I do lol :)

Reactions: NevMan, pburv and Jassyo06
My wife’s just got a brand new abarth 595, defo an upgrade on the older ones (I had an 11 plate one ages ago) still great fun to drive but now has tft instrument cluster/CarPlay etc.
View attachment 239027

Very nice mate . Which one is that? The 145? Or 165? We are driving the 165 Turismo, but tbh not sure which version she will like, but coming from Cooper S, the 165 seems fair enough. We will see

Reactions: pburv
The Golf GTI Clubsport has the more attractive seat upholstery over the GTI and R models both of which looks cheap and nasty to me although the actual seats themselves are very supportive if l where to have one it would need to have leather and they are very nice in leather, one major draw back is the small 10-5" binnacle though no doubt the 12-5" will come around in as usual in the facelift car

Reactions: NevMan and pburv
the problem with a lot of brands is the colour options are $hi7e vs white which generally looks really good ... if you like white ... & I do lol :)
I came across a A45s in white a few months it did look good especially with the glass roof cough .....cough lol

Reactions: NevMan, pburv and Snake Pliskin
Very nice mate . Which one is that? The 145? Or 165? We are driving the 165 Turismo, but tbh not sure which version she will like, but coming from Cooper S, the 165 seems fair enough. We will see
It’s the 145bhp, it’s not mega fast but it’s quick enough, main thing is no matter what you’re doing in it, it always puts a smile on your face. Even if I just look out the window at it, it makes me smile.

Reactions: NevMan and pburv
The Golf GTI Clubsport has the more attractive seat upholstery over the GTI and R models both of which looks cheap and nasty to me although the actual seats themselves are very supportive if l where to have one it would need to have leather and they are very nice in leather, one major draw back is the small 10-5" binnacle though no doubt the 12-5" will come around in as usual in the facelift car

The Edition 45 seems to have the detailing you would have expected on the clubsport, GTI stitched into the seats, nicely trimmed door cars etc. If you could lay your hands on one, in my opinion that would be the one to go for.

The Edition 45 seems to have the detailing you would have expected on the clubsport, GTI stitched into the seats, nicely trimmed door cars etc. If you could lay your hands on one, in my opinion that would be the one to go for.

Hmm, looking on select car leasing (I am sure there are better deals out there), Clubsport 45 for £364 p/m on 4 year lease with £3.2k down….tempting and has all you need. Lovely alloys, seats and akrapovic exhaust Tempting

Reactions: Chris4410
The clubsport edition 45 can be a £45k car though with added extras but I agree I think it would be a nice / enjoyable car to own and drive.

The clubsport edition 45 can be a £45k car though with added extras but I agree I think it would be a nice / enjoyable car to own and drive.

I suppose. But for me I don’t need too many options over what it comes with, winter pack, DCC. Don’t see the point of going leather, like the seats, not sure on pano, as last few that have had them are rattle traps. And speaker upgrade…meh.

Anyway, sort the Mrs out 1st, then go and look at a few, as haven’t actually seen the new GTI, Clubsport etc in person, may hate it

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Jeeez 45k for a GTI

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin