First mod on A3 3.2

JaminBen

Reaction score
Well, here goes:

Although it's been built last saturday, I won't get my A3 3.2 manual gbx for quite a few more days.

The wait has been long, very very long, but it gave time to read about stuff available, or soon to be available, for the 3.2.

Below is a picture of a VF -Engineering pendulum mount. This replaces one of the three original rubber mounts that tie the engine and transmission to the body of the car.

Installing this billet aluminum and poly insert piece in lieu of the spongy rubber original should seriously reduce the engine/trans' movement upon acceleration and deceleration which should in turn translate into a more direct application of torque to the wheels, as well as easier shifting near redline.

As with all mods, there is a downside. In this instance vibrations from the engine will be less filtered out. Just how much, I will soon find out.

I called VF-E in California and ordered this piece today. It ships Fed-Ex economy next week and will get here (France) a bit later. As soon as it arrives, it's going on the car.

I'll take pictures and post a writeup of my impressions.

pendmount.jpg

Cheers!

now that is keen - modding before you even have the car!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Good luck mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Interesting mod JB, keep us posted. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

By the way, if anyone with a 3.2 is interested in making their motor a little more focused, please let me know. Our collective interest in this product will make it available faster.

Below are two links to full descriptions and installation, with pictures, on R32s.

In one of the pictures of the first link, taken in California at the VF-Engineering HQ, you can see their A3 3.2.

Please let me know if this interests you.

Thanks in advance,

Ben.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1721530

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1728051

EIP say that their's should be ok, and no reason why their transmission d/bones wont fit the A3

had asked them about their returns policy... and awaiting a reply.

plus they claim that theirs doesnt not effect the vibrations or close to none anyways..

Well, VF engineering told me they tried their R32 dogbone mount on the A3, and that it didn't fit.

If Eip would ship their piece to us and refund in case of non fitment, I'd definitely buy it.

(( THREAD REVIVAL ))

Well, as you saw, the first planned mod (stiffer engine mounts) did not go through. To this day, VF Engineering haven't made A3 3.2 engine mounts.

However, I have done another "first mod" (besides the amd remap):

it's a shorrt-shifter made by www.dieselgeek.com

Basically, it replaces the two levers on the transmission that the shift cables attach to. The shifter now requires less travel to engage a gear, and I'm very happy with it. If you want a writeup and pics, please let me know.

Anyone else have a short-shifter?