First oil change

northeastdave

Reaction score
hi, my S1 is coming up to its first oil change with 3500 miles on the clock but its a fixed service interval, i have been quoted £265 from my local Audi dealer, funny my previous car a Q3 2.0 Tdi was £100 cheaper for the same work.
Have you been quoted similar prices or have any of you used other garages. I have been quoted £122 for the same work at Halfords and Audi says they will price match, again has anyone taken advantage of this.

Hi yes used the price match for my first oil service was quoted £275 by Audi quote from local garage was £77 which is what I paid needed to provide estimate showing they would use gen filter and correct oil

I was just had mine done from audi at £200 oil service. and I took advantage of there price match for tyre saving me £50.

I wouldn't let my local Audi dealer anywhere near my car. I would always take it to a recommended independent garage and just make sure the use genuine parts. Mine is booked in for next week £120

Yeah I use my independent garage. I have used him for about 20 years. He uses vw/audi parts and better oil. Ok you don't get the audi service print out at the end when you sell it but you have all the receipts. My oil and filter change was about £90 and my first major service was about £190 because all it needed was oil, oil filter and spark plugs. He said it's pretty low maintenance at the moment because it's new.

Reactions: lfcrule1972
Hi, just an update on my saga with Teeside Audi, I managed to get a written Quote from a local independent garage ,using genuine Audi parts and fully synthetic oil for £129, Teeside's service guy, Rob Chorley had requested this after an email wasn't enough, then he asked that it has to have part numbers and oil grade for them to honour the service, after this I spoke to my sales guy annoyed that I had to jump through hoops to get the price match.
He rang and said as my mileage was low (3700) for the year and it is down as having long life oil it can be moved to the 2 year schedule, Amazing what can be sorted if you can speak to the right guy.

Hi, just an update on my saga with Teeside Audi, I managed to get a written Quote from a local independent garage ,using genuine Audi parts and fully synthetic oil for £129, Teeside's service guy, Rob Chorley had requested this after an email wasn't enough, then he asked that it has to have part numbers and oil grade for them to honour the service, after this I spoke to my sales guy annoyed that I had to jump through hoops to get the price match.
He rang and said as my mileage was low (3700) for the year and it is down as having long life oil it can be moved to the 2 year schedule, Amazing what can be sorted if you can speak to the right guy.
I wouldn't bother with Teesside Audi I bought my first s1 from them and now go to jct 600 in York.
It's a bit of a trek they serviced my first s1 for £100 less and have blown Teesside Audi out of the water for customer service.
Your post doesn't surprise me.

Dealers annoy me with this stuff. They think people are blind with servicing and other costs and can charge through the roof.

Done some work to my A4 last weekend. Timing belt, water pump, oil and filter change, fuel filter and air filter. So basically a timing belt and water pump and a 'major' service. Work would have been £599 and £399 for a major service.

Parts alone cost me £220 from TPS with genuine coolant, oil, timing belt kit and filters. So looking at a £750 saving in labour costs than at a dealer. Best one is a waterpump change (which is a £144 price difference between audi costs) for a part that costs £29.01 and 3 bolts to remove whilst the timing belt is off. Daylight robbery!

Amazing what can be sorted if you can speak to the right guy.
Unfortunately this is true for a lot of things in life. Building a good relationship is always the best way of getting what you need.

I'm looking at a local independent place near me that's recommended by my mate, this place did everything for his RS4 and they use all Audi parts. So far they're much cheaper than my local Audi dealer