B9 First one seen

So this happened ...

TX.
a8d234643349dd4b0505ea9e24b96c6a.jpg

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3, SPIKE_, BarryG79 and 2 others
I went along to the local stealers (ignorant tossers as usual) to have a look at an RS3. Decided it wasn’t worth chopping the M2 for one but I did spot a black RS4 in the carpark and it looked the part. Much nicer in the flesh, the arches rival my M2 for fatness and the alloys actually suited the car very well.

Just had a little cry when I checked how much they cost, no way of justifying that sort of money to sit in the garage most of the time :frown new:

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
I went along to the local stealers (ignorant tossers as usual) to have a look at an RS3. Decided it wasn’t worth chopping the M2 for one but I did spot a black RS4 in the carpark and it looked the part. Much nicer in the flesh, the arches rival my M2 for fatness and the alloys actually suited the car very well.

Just had a little cry when I checked how much they cost, no way of justifying that sort of money to sit in the garage most of the time :frown new:
Black RS4... @Addict and me @RGBARGEE have pretty much fallen in love. (so as not to disappoint ... apart from my old iPod)

Reactions: Addict
Black is always my chosen colour on the car and the RS4 really suits it -lucky guys owning one.

Yep. Very nice car agreed.

TX.
a28a0662c18f93ebfce3d8dae7a049b8.jpg

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3, Bristle Hound, SPIKE_ and 1 other person
CEA43B48 D7A5 44C0 8B8E E0BCFC14A148
nice little touch but I’m still not sure about the marketing move from quattro to audi sport. Neighbours had a 1.2 A1 Audi Sport.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thundercliffe81
Just had my car in for a service and they had a stunning looking BLACK RS5 in the showroom - with pano roof - and red seat stitching ... so very similar look to what you Guys have with your RS4's.

Flared vented arches at the front also - but not at the rear.

I have to admit - the car did look amazing - and in black. I'm not sure what black but it looked a very deep black.
The whole car looked brilliant - so I can fully appreciate now what you Guys are thinking of your RS4's.
Phots are fine - but in real life OMG, it was genuinely taken back by how good the RS5 looked.

Yep. Very nice car agreed.

TX.
a28a0662c18f93ebfce3d8dae7a049b8.jpg

So have you actually bought it ... or are you just messing about with us ???
Less of the mucking about and just spill the beans if you have bought it lol !

Ha ha it's on the drive Snake.

TX.

;)

TX.
8cb54efa094b0977af8d0325ec825780.jpg

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3, Addict, Bristle Hound and 1 other person
;)

TX.
8cb54efa094b0977af8d0325ec825780.jpg

Ok then ... I will believe you now :)

I guess it was a natural transition for you from the RS3 & an immediate car ready to go in Nardo with black pack & a good deal was too good to resist :icon thumright:

Well get some more pics up then too :sunglasses:

After seeing an RS5 today I am very envious - awesome looking cars inside & out. The inside has the WOW factor big time.

Enjoy it @terminator x :thumbs up:

Just had my car in for a service and they had a stunning looking BLACK RS5 in the showroom - with pano roof - and red seat stitching ... so very similar look to what you Guys have with your RS4's.

Flared vented arches at the front also - but not at the rear.

I have to admit - the car did look amazing - and in black. I'm not sure what black but it looked a very deep black.
The whole car looked brilliant - so I can fully appreciate now what you Guys are thinking of your RS4's.
Phots are fine - but in real life OMG, it was genuinely taken back by how good the RS5 looked.
Mythos is a really deep black and can develop a good gloss too. Love it ! When are you getting yours ?

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
I was reading through the thread but then kept reading the same thing over and over about an iPod not working.
For those that are interested I have heard from Executive office at Audi Uk. It seems old iPods etc are not likely to be compatible in new RS4 or future Audis. Discussions with Germany tomorrow but it’s looking like a new iPod. Just need to get music off old one much of which was backed up on defunct PC 6 years ago.

The car, well loving her to bits, filled up with Super Unleaded and she seems to pop more.
Effortless power, brilliant handling and loving the massage seats 17 mpg average.

Reactions: Terminator x, Snake Pliskin and TYb
For those that are interested I have heard from Executive office at Audi Uk. It seems old iPods etc are not likely to be compatible in new RS4 or future Audis. Discussions with Germany tomorrow but it’s looking like a new iPod. Just need to get music off old one much of which was backed up on defunct PC 6 years ago.

The car, well loving her to bits, filled up with Super Unleaded and she seems to pop more.
Effortless power, brilliant handling and loving the massage seats 17 mpg average.

I’d have just gone out and bought a new iPod if it bothered me......

But it doesn’t and I haven’t.

Reactions: Bristle Hound and Snake Pliskin

That is a bit annoying as I have an iPod classic in my B8. It has all my music on it and is a lot better than faffing about with SD cards.
Which newer iPods are compatible then?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

That is a bit annoying as I have an iPod classic in my B8. It has all my music on it and is a lot better than faffing about with SD cards.
Which newer iPods are compatible then?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I know that Generation 6 iPod Touch will work and as mentioned it is easy enough to buy a new one but that isn’t really the point.
The music on many old iPods like mine will have been downloaded from various sources over many years and Apple cannot or will not backward transfer to more recent iTunes account. Audi are on the case and I will post their response.

Maybe this should be a separate thread.

Mythos is a really deep black and can develop a good gloss too. Love it ! When are you getting yours ?

It was a stunning black on the RS5 I must confess & there was a part of me wanting to see what the figures would be to take this ‘ready made’ car ... but it would be a major extravagance as I do very low miles so have resisted so far lol :)

It was a stunning black on the RS5 I must confess & there was a part of me wanting to see what the figures would be to take this ‘ready made’ car ... but it would be a major extravagance as I do very low miles so have resisted so far lol :)
Photos later when the deal is done eh?

Reactions: Terminator x and Snake Pliskin
@terminator x stunning car :thumbs up:

my mind is 90% made up to get an RS3 next, but the other 10% keeps looks looking at RS4’s!

What spec has it got?
Nardo + black pack of course ;) Also has carbon styling pack, extended LED inside, comfort + sound pack, sports exhaust (sorry RGB), folding mirrors, red brakes, leccy front seats, matrix headlights, privacy glass to rear. As RBG says, the standard seats are amazing (no option to upgrade afaik) they even give you a massage!

You won't regret either the RS3 or RS4 both are amazing cars.

TX.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and SPIKE_
Nardo + black pack of course ;) Also has carbon styling pack, extended LED inside, comfort + sound pack, sports exhaust (sorry RGB), folding mirrors, red brakes, leccy front seats, matrix headlights, privacy glass to rear. As RBG says, the standard seats are amazing (no option to upgrade afaik) they even give you a massage!

TX.
I hope you got a great deal with that Carbon £5k bits attached. I like it but £5k of dead money!!!

Had a listen to an RS5 with Sports exhaust and it didn't sound that dissimilar inside the car to my 'standard RS4' exhaust, they are both a bit of a let down in the aural department after RS3. Have you tried the various massage options? The extended LED interior lights are great for £100 aren't they!
I'm in love! Hope you are enjoying yours.

Reactions: Addict and Snake Pliskin
It's a lovely car RGB, a lot smoother than the "hooligan" RS3 yet still mental quick when you need it. Love it agreed.

TX.

Reactions: Addict, RGBARGEE and Snake Pliskin
Forgot 20" wheels, no idea why they are so eye wateringly expensive!

TX.

Forgot 20" wheels, no idea why they are so eye wateringly expensive!

TX.

Because the 19" wheels look $hi7 so Audi know everyone will upgrade - so good fleece opportunity lol :tearsofjoy:

The 20" rims do look ace though :icon thumright:

Reactions: Bristle Hound

TX.

RS4 is a BIG step up in terms of interior quality & modern look though IMO.

With the 3 platform now at the end of its life - even with the virtual cockpit, it is showing its age IMO, when you compare to the 4 or 5 interiors.

The RS4 and RS4 interiors are stunning.

Reactions: Terminator x
wow ....

2017 Audi RS5 interior

Rs4

2018 2019 Audi RS5 Coupe interior design 2

Reactions: SPIKE_, RGBARGEE and Terminator x
Final iPod post .. honest.
Audi customer care executive office confirm old iPods will not work in new. Just got new iPod £299. Nice photos @Snake Pliskin , convinced me that Black trim at £200 suits my taste rather than silver.

Audi customer care executive office confirm old iPods will not work in new. Just got new iPod £299. Nice photos @Snake Pliskin , convinced me that Black trim at £200 suits my taste rather than silver.

Yeah black with red stitching looks amazing in this design.

Great news on the new iPod :musicalnote: :partypooper: :icon thumright:

Did you go for the piano black trim or the carbon?