First S3...hello!

Marksy93

Reaction score
Hi,

Just a quick hello to everyone, I've just bought a 2001 S3 210bhp AMK. Hoping to participate on this forum a fair bit and help out with any problems fellow audi owners have.

Spec List -

Audi S3 1.8 20VT 210bhp 'AMK'
British Racing Green
Full black leather Recaro seats (full electric)
Xenon Headlights
BOSE Sound system
17" Avus alloys (wrapped in Dunlop SpMaxx)
Sunroof
Full Silicone Hose setup
Stainless 'Scorpion' Exhaust system

Will upload pictures once I've picked her up, but if anyone has subtle but worthwhile cosmetic modifications then please speak up. Also advice on tuning of the 1.8T would be appreciated, thoughts so far on the engine are -

Remap
Front Mount Intercooler (inc hard pipe kit)
Panel Air Filter

Any comments and advice are welcomed as this is the first Audi I've had, previously had 1.2 Seat Ibiza, Mondeo ST TDCi, Ibiza 1.9TDi FR & VW Bora Highline 1.9TDi.

Thanks!

Welcome! Look forward to seeing some pictures.

I've had my S3 for a few weeks now. I should really introduce myself and put some pictures up, but I seem to just browse and read about everyone else's pride and joy at the moment!

Enjoy the S3!

Reactions: Sandra
hi, welcome to asn. first thing to do if you havent got it is get an obd2 cable for a tenner on ebay then download ross-tech for free (new name of vagcom), i then paid £80 for the full version. best money ive spent on the s3. my mods in my signature are about as far as you can go without going big turbo and spending a fortune. one of my favourite mods was buying a beklin tape to mp3 convertor then sliding the wire out the top of the headunit and out the back and pulling the tape deck door shut!-)

Reactions: anthony89
Thanks for the warm welcome :) so had the S3 a few days now, they have been eventful for many different reasons....let me explain.

Awesome drive back from collecting her and instantly put a smile on my face, got through a full tank over the weekend just driving about and taking friends for a spin. Got into work on Monday got her up on the ramp and booooom - issues.

1x oil leak (was told this was fixed as part of the sale - not happy!)
2x rear tyres bald/cords showing on inner edge
1x power steering leak (not huge but still)
1x collapsed hose from what I think is the PCV valve (could be causing the oil leak/contributing)

Good things though -

All interior lights changed to LEDs - so it's a lot brighter and crisper inside now
Really good clean on Sunday inc seat cleaning (so smells and looks awesome..well did - dirty again now)
Changed headlight bulbs to 8000k D2S bulbs (very good!)
Number plate & sidelight bulbs changed to LEDs

So already in conversation with the garage I bought her from, and trying to come to an agreement on what to do. I know it's a 12year old car, but mechanically I don't want it to be a massive oil filter! Also now has 2 brand new rear tyres (Continental Sprt Contact 5) and 2 slightly worn fronts (again continentals).

Will upload some pics for you guys to see and comment on! Also any thoughts or advice on the oil leak would be great, tool the air box out on Sunday to have a look and it looks like it is coming from that side of the engine, which is then dripping down the back.

Cheers

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410904859809922
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410904872042073
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410904879622583
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410904888975004
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410904896736277
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410904906273247

Shocked that a garage would sell you a car with rear tyres in that state! That's not even legal and could have caused a serious accident. Did you not notice when you bought it?

Nice colour (Goodwood Green?) and with the sunroof option too.

Shocked that a garage would sell you a car with rear tyres in that state! That's not even legal and could have caused a serious accident. Did you not notice when you bought it?

Nice colour (Goodwood Green?) and with the sunroof option too.

Exactly what I thought! In all honesty I didn't see the core on the tyres, although I spent a good half hour looking round her when I was inspecting and picking up minor faults.

I think it is Goodwood Green but will check, and yes absolutely love the sunroof!!

Further update though -

Was bored at work on Wednesday night so completely cleaned and greased the sunroof and also put a small amount of grease on the door hinges to prevent any squeaking. Also then fitted the BOSE subwoofer as that had gone for a walk from the previous owner! Sound system is back upto scratch now, just need to change the headunit for a more modern one with greater connectivity.

Also tonight stripped down part of the pipe work and cleaned the throttle body, runs a bit smoother now, and also cleaned up residue oil. Going into work tomorrow for a further look into the oil leak and try and clean as much of it off and then figure out where it is coming from. Also did a ECU scan today at work, few faults found however think these May be old, so will now run it for a few days/week then do a rescan, so will update with the results.