First Service @ 12k - What do I expect to pay? Any price match success?

A4A4

Owner of a Shiny Daytona
Reaction score
My 64 plate is due for it's first Service with 12k on the clock. Bought from Audi used approved and only done 4500 miles in 6 months but the alerts are coming out stating less than 30 days before a service is due.
  • What should I expect to pay at Audi Dealer?
  • Has anyone used a independent garage and used the 'Audi Service Price Match' (in Yorkshire area)
  • Guess it will only need the interim service and not a major service

Thanks, that does'nt sound to bad for a interim service.

Audi will price match but they are really picky. You have to get a written quote (email is fine) stating that they use all Audi parts PLUS all the part numbers they intend to replace. Only then will they price match.

Just been quoted an oil change service would be £204.32 all inclusive from Audi. Which I'm happy with :heavycheck:

Just had the oil change/filter and check but Audi has reset my next inspection in 5600 miles / 725 days
Is this common thing with Audi that you go for 2 services per year?

I do around 10,000 miles a year and never needed to send my car in for 2 services per year.

The inspection is due at 30,000 km so pretty close to the 17,600 miles it will have done. You should have 2 different dates on the screen-one for oil change and one for inspection. Mine run pretty close so I get them done together.

Just had the oil change/filter and check but Audi has reset my next inspection in 5600 miles / 725 days

I do around 10,000 miles a year and never needed to send my car in for 2 services per year.

Which dealer did you use as mine will be due soon and I'm also in Yorkshire.

They messed up, go back and ask them to reset it for long life service. It will be 2 years 19000 miles. Or ask your local VCDS owner to set it to longlife.

Then drop the oil yourself at 9500, save yourself a few hundred quid.

Another way of saving is to email the local indy VAG garage, ask them for a price for an 18000 service including genuine audi parts and audi longlife spec oil. Then show the reply to audi dealer as they match prices. Use the indy when out of warranty.

And yet another way is to supply your own oil. I bought 20 litres for about £90. Dealers charge almost that for just enough oil for one service.

My last 19000 service cost £148 at York Audi