First service tomorrow....

SMc

Reaction score
Website
www.smcphotography.co.uk
Thats my 2.0 TDi 170 Sportback going in for its first service tomorrow......its now 15months old with 21k on the clock......

I've been quoted £310 by the Dealership.....how does that compare elsewhere? Also, are they likely to try and add to that figure?

How did you manage to get to 21k? Thought the max was 19k...

I've had a quote for £189.06 for my 170's 1st service at 18,600 which its only a few hundred miles away from now. That was with my local dealer Lake District Audi at Lindale.

How did you manage to get to 21k? Thought the max was 19k...

I've had a quote for £189.06 for my 170's 1st service at 18,600 which its only a few hundred miles away from now. That was with my local dealer Lake District Audi at Lindale.

it started telling me at 19,500...but I had no time to book it in and when I did, I had to wait over two weeks.....did a bit of mileage since!

That is a brilliant price! That would be worth a drive down from glasgow at a saving of £120!! I should have done my homework first!

Its worth mentioning to your local dealership that you can get it at that price elsewhere, they might match it for you, you have to ask!!

Thats my 2.0 TDi 170 Sportback going in for its first service tomorrow......its now 15months old with 21k on the clock......

I've been quoted £310 by the Dealership.....how does that compare elsewhere? Also, are they likely to try and add to that figure?

What Audi is it? Braehead? Did you try Ayr? Maybe Ingrams too?

From my experience, that is about £100 over what you should be paying for a first service.

Do what I do, 1) Ask for a full break down in terms of parts, labour etc as this will tell you how many labour units they are charging, how much labour is per hour and what parts they are charging for. Audi specify how long a service should take but some dealers don't always stick to it. 2) Get other itemised quotes from local dealers. 3) Look on the sticky servicing thread at the top of this A3 forum for an idea of what others are paying.

It is not uncommon to be quoted say 1.6hrs labour for a service that should be 1.1 hrs, which when labour is approx £100 per hr comes to quite a figure!

Brake fluid is approx £70 every 2 yrs, make sure you aren't being charged for that.

My first service experience.....

Glasgow Audi - £310

(I managed to negotiate a substantial discount from this figure but only through a professional arrangement - But I'm basing my experience on what you would get for £310)

£310...wow....a lot of money for a service, yes. So, can this be justified?
Well, its much more than an oil change to be fair, that has to be clarified. I arrived early in the morning and opted to wait...although a courtesay car was offered. I was given a tour of the dealership and then sat in the cafe where I was treated to complimentary drinks. Staff were very pleasant and I managed to go out for a test drive in the Q5 (impressive!). On my return I looked at the other cars in the showroom, had a very nice lunch in the cafe, followed by more free drinks (juice and coffee of course - no alcohol!)

I was then given some news about the car.....it had been thoroughly checked, including a test drive. There was a knocking noise (that I hadnt even noticed!) from the back and it was found to be a loose stone guard so it was replaced under warranty.

After that, it was washed and hoovered inside, mats washed etc and given back to me with all the paperwork.

Now, you may get a service from a non-dealer for half the price....but it has to be noted with the dealer you are offered a courtesay car, the car given a full health check as well as being cleaned inside and out. Its a lot of cash, yes, but I felt the service was well up to scratch with a few extras thrown in :eek:)