First service

I

imported_neilsafc2

Im due my first service this Thursday, debating whether to ask for a decent price on mine and go to a diesel but never mind. My question really is what is the average price of the first service? Ive also just bought a new private reg for my car, how much will the Audi garrage charge me to change that over and make me new plates?

I don't understand why you'd involve the garage to change the reg.

You have your existing V5.
You have the certificate saying you own the private plate.

Take them both into your local vehicle licensing office and they'll take care of it for you.

Once you get the new V5 back,showing the new reg,get the tax disc changed at the same office then change the plates yourself.

Halfords charge about £20 for a pair of plates.

yeah Ive done the whole change of certificates and been to local office etc, just need a set of plates made up and put on and thought while the car is in for a service get them to do it for me. Just hoping the garage would do it for the £20 halfords would do it for.

I always let the dealer take care of the transfer of my personal plate to my new car when I change. It saves all the hassle of having to go and queue up at the local vehicle licensing office. As it's part of the new car purchase they don't charge at all. I just collect the new car with my number already on it. It's sometimes a little strange to see 2 cars at the dealers with the same registration number. Sometimes I have even arranged to park them next to each other and take a photo.

The normal cost of a set of plates from a dealer on a new car is £20.00 + vat.

Probably would if the car's in anyway.

They'll make the plates on site and it'll take them minutes to change them.

My local main dealer charges £7 each for plates,but then you have to drive around advertising their company,so you should charge them !

I prefer the blank look of Halfords' plates.

I usually go for carbon-look lettering with a black border.Very nice and clean.

No extra lettering,no stupid country logos etc.etc.