First Service

Fluff

Reaction score
Hi All

How much would you expect to pay for your first service ?????. My S3 is on the AVS servicing intervals and has done 15k in 21 months.

Also I've been told that the car needs an oil change at 20k, is this so ????

Fluff

Mine came to £449.22, it was the first AVS and was at 19,000 miles.

Heres the breakdown-

Carry out AVS £180.50
Brake fluid service £66.50
Change Haldex oil £38.00

Sub total on labour £285.00

Filterelement £13.00
Screenwash £2.02
Oil filter £4.00
Plug £0.60
Haldex oil £8.55
Castrol check kit £9.95
Castrol slx oil £47.30
Brake fluid £11.88
Ign coilpack x 4 Free of charge as warranty

Subtotal parts £97.30

Got a wash and vacuum and a fat £66.92 VAT added to the total of the two....bumping it up to the £449 mark!

mine was £246 for service and haldex oil, and i supplied the engine oil @ £52 ish.

The old coils will probably have been the old type which were prone to failing. Mine were changed on the warranty as well so I had the new type. When you take yours in ask if you have the new or old type in.

Mine is a Y 2001 plate-facelift and I needed them changing, especially when one of them went!

Have a check on the coils themselves, on the end it should have a letter printed. I think its a I or J which relates to the new revised versions and H is a old version. Or just wait until the car goes in for its service and ask them which ones you have in. If its the old ones then they should replace all four for you free of charge!

[ QUOTE ]
Fluff said:
Thanks for the replies guys.

They've quoted me £263 all in, this also includes Haldex change which should be done at 20k (so the dealer said).

So I think that's a good price /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

S 3K,

Looking at your breakdown, did you ask for these things to be done or are they standard things that get changed on the first service.

Brake fluid service £66.50
Filterelement £13.00
Screenwash £2.02
Oil filter £4.00
Plug £0.60
Haldex oil £8.55
Castrol check kit £9.95
Castrol slx oil £47.30
Brake fluid £11.88

I'm just woundering if I'm going to get any nasty suprises for the dealer.

Also why did they change Ign coilpack under warranty ???.

How old is your car ??? Will they need to change mine, do I need to mention it to them ????

Cheers

Fluff

[/ QUOTE ]

The brake fluid service apparently needs to be done every 2 years which the car is coming up to now, the same goes for the haldex. The check kit i didnt ask for but it includes oil and screenwash and cloths and stuff to keep the car tip top with fluids. The other bits like the oil and filters etc i was expecting to pay on top of the initial labour charge. Looks like you got a good peice. Let us know the outcome. Sorry it took bloomin ages to get back to yah but have been pretty busy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif