Fitting an electric front seat interior

stevereid

Reaction score
Hello again Folks,

After a brief period away from Audi, I have returned.
I'm sure my question has been answered, but, i'm looking to fit a leather interior with front electric seats to replace my standard interior without electric seats.
Will the harness be in place to plug the electric seats into or will i need to do some work ?

Thanks

Steve Reid

Hi mate, generally speaking the harnesses wont be there but you can get a pair of harnesses from a european site for about £35, i fitted the sport interior into my 2002 b6, and found no harness for the electric lumbar support, the guys on here gave me a link to a site for the harnesses, ill try and find it and repost it for you...............

Thanks for that Dan, I think the item has been removed from that site, it doesnt show on that link.
Was the harness plug and play ?

Yeah thats the one, i believe its plug and play, but it may require something doing in VCDS im not 100%

have you already got electric lumbar ?
if so the rest is there just a fuse upgrade

Hi Bez101,

No, got standard manual adjust seats at the min, was hoping the harness might be in place to plug and play :)

pull the seat all the way back and lift it
then pull the plastic cover off and see what is down there
take a pic an post iv only ever come across 1 B6 without the wireing in place.

Right, just been out and lifted the cover under both front seats, only thing there is in there is a connection that the air bag yellow connector plugs into. No other plugs at all, there are cut outs which are empty, nothing else

There are no connectors under the seat for anything other than the yellow Airbag connector. Does this mean i'm on to a non starter fitting electric seats ?

I was looking to buy the interior in question this afternoon. Can anyone tell me if i'm safe to do so or if I should stick to manual interior ?
Thanks guys !

Anyone out there who can say yes or no ?

it doesnt mean you cant fit them mate you just need the harnesses, my car is the same, only the one plug for airbags