Fitting front parking sensors 2017 S5

Jonnie

Reaction score
Does anyone have a guide somewhere for how front parking sensors are fitted to the S5 and what parts are needed?

I’ve bought the black edition S5 grille which doesn’t have the mounts for the parking sensors. After half an hour in the Audi dealership with the parts guy looking through every possible mounting bracket I had to special order a part from Germany. Two weeks later the parts arrived and they’re brackets for the A5 black edition grille which won’t fit.

Then looking at the possibility of just spraying the existing mounts black I removed the current ones from my car and noticed there’s a cut out in the grille which the black edition doesn’t have.

So before I lose the will to live, has anyone else managed to suss out which parts are needed and how to fit them? And if I need to hack a chunk out of the grill for the brackets?

BF83F0DB B73E 4355 A081 38671E7759BD
23857D48 C6C5 4B5D AF14 35136B67C7F2
3C5F04C8 E633 4B79 A5AD 75188428D7AC

Your gonna have to cut out the grille for those I'm afraid. Unless done by a pro it's gonna look pretty s**t.

I'd say you need to cut them out but imagine it's going to look pretty poor unfortunately :(

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

I'd say you need to cut them out but imagine it's going to look pretty poor unfortunately :(

The current cut out (does looks like it’s been cut and not made into the shape of the grille) on the current chrome one is completely beneath the parking sensor mount so in theory as long as the cut outs in the new grill are exactly the same it shouldn’t be visible.

Think it’ll be a job for the professionals fitting it. I don’t suppose you still have your original grille to see if the cut out is the same?

BEFCE1AE DE04 4F7B 90DD C26D4293FB7F

The current cut out (does looks like it’s been cut and not made into the shape of the grille) on the current chrome one is completely beneath the parking sensor mount so in theory as long as the cut outs in the new grill are exactly the same it shouldn’t be visible.

Think it’ll be a job for the professionals fitting it. I don’t suppose you still have your original grille to see if the cut out is the same?

View attachment 192664
Unfortunately not to hand, I'm away at the moment and it's in the depth of the parents loft. Sorry!

Unfortunately not to hand, I'm away at the moment and it's in the depth of the parents loft. Sorry!

No worries, I shall just have to see how it goes next week

not sure about the A5 i know on the B9 A4 front either side of the bumper you will need one of these to cut the holes gives a perfect cut if you will use genuine audi sensors

@Jonnie how did you end up resolving this?

I ended up just cutting two lines into the plastic so the little “flap” could flex down just enough to let the parking sensor clip in. Seems to have worked fine since then although the spray paint has begun to chip off the brackets.

Attachments

• 9C06EDE1-0E4B-441B-97D6-5C0CCE5E4A74.jpeg
    9C06EDE1-0E4B-441B-97D6-5C0CCE5E4A74.jpeg
    506.7 KB · Views: 166