Fitting ISofix bars

I

imported_timwiti

Anybody got any tips for fitting the isofix bars to an S4?

The bloke in the parts dept was talking about removing the seat padding!

From previous threads I thought this was a simple fit.

Cheers

It is, you need to pull up the rear seat base. You do this by pulling upwards at the front of the seat base. It should just pop out. Then just bolt the bar in place.

How much was the bar?

My manual shows the US latch system that I thinks the same as ISOFIX (althought they also have a top teather as well.. It says :

latch.JPG

[ QUOTE ]
Rear lower anchors

1 - Rear lower anchor bracket
- Remove rear seat bench (lift front edge then pull forward)
- Remove bolts -2- (2x).
2 - Bolts (4x)
30 Nm (22 ft lb)
- Mount rear lower anchor bar -1- with bolts -2- fastened into threaded holes in body floor panel.

Note: To install solid rear backrest, push tabs behind rear lower anchor bracket.
If rear lower anchor is retrofitted, it may be necessary to flatten tab in vise down to about 3 mm
When installing, make sure there is adequate clearance to the lap belt retractor. If necessary, rotate the lap belt retractor.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
It is, you need to pull up the rear seat base. You do this by pulling upwards at the front of the seat base. It should just pop out. Then just bolt the bar in place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, that's all that is needed, pretty simple.

Just be careful when pulling up on the seat base if you have rear side airbags because there is a connector that you need to disconnect before you can remove the seatbase from the car.

Can't get the fekin seat base up!

Tried pulling the base up but it feels as if its secured down??

not tried the b6 but on the old b5 you pull the front part of it upward and it unclips. The back is secured at the bottom with two spline bolts unless you have split folding seats.
You just grab it at each side at the front of the base.

[ QUOTE ]
Can't get the fekin seat base up!

Tried pulling the base up but it feels as if its secured down??

[/ QUOTE ]

Grab under the front edge and give it a good pull upwards. The clips need to break free from their holders.

I still can't get the back seat up - it feels as though it is attached at the middle of the base.

It just dosn't feel this is the way to get the base up - anybody else removed the back seat base on an S4?

I am stuck on this too, has anyone got any tips?

The rear seat base seems really well fixed down, i don't want to ****** the seat base up by being a bit too eager or evil with it.

My car is the saloon B6, no seat airbags that are to be seen and it's got leather seats if that makes a difference???

Thanks
John

I had to get mine out when I run the wiring for the power to the towbar relay. I stood inside the car, one foot in each footwell and just gave the seat a good pull upwards from the front of the seat. It just popped out of the clips. Is a bit discerning though, you think you are going to break something but it didn't.

Ya, it definitely feels like you're going to break something but you won't. Just be sure that if you have rear side air bags that you unclip the connector once the seat base is free.

Done it. It felt very wrong but like y'all said.....the seat just pops out of the clips once you reach the point where it feels like it might break the seat.

Thanks
John

Done it too - seat came up a little at first then finally popped out.

Rear air bag connectors didn't need to be removed.
Fitted isobars no problem.

But I can't get the seat right back in again. It is in the clips but there is a bit of play up and down. (basically at the point where is first came up a little)

How do I get it right the way back down?

make sure you dont have the seatbet clips under the rear seat base. Push the back of the base in first at 45 degrees pushing the belt clicks throught, thenpush downward... it was easy...

Hi, thanks for the useful post - strolled outside to have a look and to my dismay only one bolt hole!

Found the following link, so fearing I can't have an IsoFox on my 03 A4 saloon

ISOFIX baby seats | Used Car Expert

can anyone help?

thx

When I looked into child seats most of the top ones were none iso fix , reports I read say a correctly fitted non iso fix seat transfered less of the inpact of a accident to the child than in a isofix seat.

The reasoning was that a seat belt act like a small damper alowing the seat to move slightly before stopping it and then transfering the force to the childs seat restrain. A iso fix seat transfers the inpact force straight to the seat restrain and straight to the child.

Things may have moved on a bit now but I opted against isofix seats for my children

Done it too - seat came up a little at first then finally popped out.

Rear air bag connectors didn't need to be removed.
Fitted isobars no problem.

But I can't get the seat right back in again. It is in the clips but there is a bit of play up and down. (basically at the point where is first came up a little)

How do I get it right the way back down?
when I did mine, I had the same problem: the plastic base for one of the clips came off stuck to the clip (not broken, they just popped out out of the metal), so I removed it from the bottom of the seat base, pushed it back into the hole (and added a dab of contact adhesive) and then pushed the seat back down a bit later.... seems perfect now :)