Fitting new ARB bushes

jimmy

Reaction score
Im gunna have a go over the weekend fitting a new set of standard front and rear arb bushes to my S3.
Has any one got any advice/tips on doing this??
Cheers

Although not an S3, I did my A3 quattro a few months back. Details of what I did for the front in post 21 on this thread.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=41582

The rears are a lot easier, and you don't need to unbolt the subframe or anything. Just remove one of the rear wheels so you can pull the bar out.

I've got some pdf worksheet files somewhere which describes the job if you want them? Drop me a PM if so.

Good info from Tooks.

Just to add, when re-tightening the front subframe bolts, get yourself a 21mm impact gun socket. I broke 2 standard 21mm sockets when torquing them up. You'll need a long extension bar too.

I did mine this week, its easy, the only thing I had trouble with was getting the bolt to catch the threads when putting the bush cover/holder back on because the bushes weren't very soft and its tight to get your hand in there. I just got a couple of 5mm longer bolts (M8 8.8 tensile) and job done. Front should take less than an hour.

I removed the whole subframe from mine. I was changing the rack and fitting eibach arbs so I just pulled it all out. Grimy old thing looked better after a cleanup.
ARBs_640x480_001.jpg