Fitting rear door speakers in a B5 Audi A4 saloon.

A4 stu

Reaction score
If I wanted to fit rear door speakers into my saloon A4 B5 like the Avant version has, are all the fittings behind the door card already there?

I don't expect the wiring to be there but is the Bose door card the same as the standard doorcard so the em Audi speakers would jut screw into place, or am I better off just cutting a round hole in the Audi door card for any set of speakers?

I'm not looking to start a debate about rear speakers, I just want my son to have his tunes in the back where I can't hear them that well!

stu

can you put me a picture up of what you allready have please stu
should be able to advise from there mate

Just a plain doorcard, no rear speaker fitted. The Bose option has rear door speakers with a grill on the doorcard, I just wondered if there was room for a speaker behind the standard rear door card and if there were the screw fixings in place for the speakers like there is on the front door card?

Stu.

yes there is
and yes the door card is a direct fit
and sometimes the wireing is there and sometimes not.

door card is a direct fit
there is room for speakers provided of course you dont try to use anything that requires a lot of mounting depth
the front is around 52-54mm if memory serves right and i think the rears are about the same
again as bez says wiring could be there or you may have to run seperate speaker wires
its easy enough to check just by removing the door card