Fitting Rs3 18" Rotors

Jambo26

Reaction score
Hi

Just been flicking through the RS3 section and noticed you can get 18"rotors to fit RS3. my standard A3/S3 rotors don't fit with RS3 front callipers. its not the spokes that are the problem its the dish of the wheel. it just catches on the brembo logo on the callipers.

Would these RS3 18" wheels be fine to fit on the front of a A3.

Also what would the actual difference be and would i be able to run 225/40x18 tyre and look normal.
- RS3 18" - 18x8" ET50
- A3/S3 18" -18x7.5" ET54

Thanks guys

J

Sorry I can't answer about the brakes themselves but 225/40/18 will be fine on either wheel spec. Standard A3 alloys are 7.5J wide and the majority of 18" wheels bought aftermarket are 8J wide. 225/40/18 will work perfect with both.

I hope that's what you were asking, sorry if I've got the wrong end of the stick

No no it clears some of the info i was trying to ask lol. thanks for your help.

cheers

J

I'm pretty sure 18" rotors don't fit with RS3 brakes as I was looking at this as a mod for my 8p. They only fit with big spacers to make the spokes to miss the calliper. I thought only 19" rotors fitted with the RS3 brake set up. Theres a lot of threads on this topic

The RS3 has different hub setup to the S3 so they have more clearance.
Genuine 19" Rotors will fit over RS brakes on the S3.
Genuine 18" Rotors won't fit over RS brakes on the S3.
Genuine 18" Rotors will fit over standard S3 brakes on the S3 (as I have this setup).

The RS3 has different hub setup to the S3 so they have more clearance.
Genuine 19" Rotors will fit over RS brakes on the S3.
Genuine 18" Rotors won't fit over RS brakes on the S3.
Genuine 18" Rotors will fit over standard S3 brakes on the S3 (as I have this setup).

I have tried to fit genuine 18" rotors over RS3 brakes on a A3 with a 12mm spacer they clear the spokes no problem. its the inside of the wheel where the wheel weights are. I would of thought a smaller spacer might fit as well but it only had a 12mm spacer to hand at the time.

so why does 18" rotors fit on the RS3 but not A3/S3 because the inside of the wheel shouldn't change with different hubs only a different wheel. thats why i thought the RS3 maybe had a different part number 18" rotor meaning a slightly different wheel.

I have tried to fit genuine 18" rotors over RS3 brakes on a A3 with a 12mm spacer they clear the spokes no problem. its the inside of the wheel where the wheel weights are. I would of thought a smaller spacer might fit as well but it only had a 12mm spacer to hand at the time.

so why does 18" rotors fit on the RS3 but not A3/S3 because the inside of the wheel shouldn't change with different hubs only a different wheel. thats why i thought the RS3 maybe had a different part number 18" rotor meaning a slightly different wheel.

Different hub like dan says

Different hub like dan says

i still don't see how a different hub will affect the problem I'm having. its got nothing to do with hitting the spokes its the inside of the wheel dish. i can't see how a different hub would change this at all

it doesn't matter that it pushes the wheel out further thats not the problem its the inside where the wheel weights stick to not the spokes.

thats why i was wondering if the 18" winter rotors were different to the std 18"A3/S3 rotors

but does the inside not change from wheel to wheel?

Just seems strange that they 18" fit with enough clearance to factory fit on the RS3 but will not fit on the A3

What you need is for someone with the specific RS3 18" winter wheels to take a pic of the back of the wheel, there may be a different profile on the barrel of the wheel to miss the calipers