Fitting RS3 style grill (what they don't tell you)

RS4K

Reaction score
Hi,

so as the title suggests i had my mechanic fit my rs3 style grill i purchased used off ebay.

Upon it being removed he found that the crash sensor has to be removed from the original grill and mounted to the new one but there is no bracket for this. No one tells you this when buying so please beware. Below is what i think is the best solution to this however it does mean that i cannot sell my original grill due to it techinically being incomplete.

20190817 140730

Screenshot 20190909 223058 Gallery

So the sensor has been cable tied to keep it in place and secure so it does not set off accidentally of course behind the quattro sign of the rs3 style grill.

It was removed from the original from the below area one screw in the middle.

IMG 20190909 WA0002

Obviously don't forget to paint the crash bar black i used hammerite satin black i think.

The finished product looks like this

20190909 222707

I then got a sticker plate of size 300x75mm from ebay which covers the headlight washer but not the sensor (which what my legit sticker plate did without me measuring first time) so with a bit more money spent the plate is on and i havent got round to cutting around the washer yet but will do at some point. right now i am just making sure i don't use the washer and if i do then headlights are off as then the washer doesn't come out i am told.

Haven't taken a pic with the plate on but will do tomorrow so others can see.

Thanks and any questions let me know

K

Reactions: Ordinary23