Fitting ttrs brakes and clearance.

JamesS4cab

Reaction score
I am fitting my new ttrs brake setup next weekend and a mate mentioned that I might have issues with clearance.

I have 4 sets of 19s, 3 are 8J and one is 8.5J.

What offset/ width do I need to clear the new callipers!??

Any help or advice would be really appreciated.

8j ,et50 or 8.5j et53 is what i,m running ;)

Reactions: JamesS4cab
I think it might be to do with the wheels as well.........

I am fitting my new ttrs brake setup next weekend and a mate mentioned that I might have issues with clearance.

I have 4 sets of 19s, 3 are 8J and one is 8.5J.

What offset/ width do I need to clear the new callipers!??

Any help or advice would be really appreciated.
one wrong wheel :-/ doesnt that disrupt the ride ? Never heard of that before , surely that one wheel is heavier slightly also tyre must sit differently on it

you got it wrong. he has 4 sets of wheels. 3 sets are 8j and 1 set is 8,5j :thumbsup:

james please be kind to report how do rs3 brakes perform on your car as i'm looking into this mod too..

Reactions: poli84 and JamesS4cab
I'm borrowing a set of spacers to take with me as I dont want to get stuck there without being able to put wheels back on. Thats my starting position..............

Reactions: S. and Kelza
I'd like to know this also, I have 11mm spacers either side and I'd like to know if they'd fit behind the standard 2009 S3 wheels.

Hi guys,
got some issue with fitting TTRS brakes on my S3,
right now I've got BBS CH ET50 18x8J and wondering if they will fit without spacers?
They looks great without spacers, almost straight with fender but I'm afraid if I will get some spacers a tire would protrude and rub.

JamesS4cab mentioned he got the same wheel but 19", the same ET and 10mm spacers was not giving him enough clearance between caliper and wheel, and he placed 12mm spacers to get some more space.

what I should to do ? please advice me.

To my stock winter's S3 wheels (http://img2.netcarshow.com/Audi-S3_Sportback_2009_800x600_wallpaper_15.jpg) with ET54 & 18x7,5" I bought 13mm spacers, and I want place them to the front and 15mm spacers at rear. This way I should get ET41 on front and ET39 on the rear wheels, it would be enough clearance between front wheel and caliper with 13mm spacer?

Thank for help guys!

Chris

Last edited:
Don't know if its any help to anyone but had a spare hour this evening so I took off the MTMs and fitted the stock wheel on ver the TTRS caliper.

With the 11mm Forge spacer I have and the wheel bolted up the back of the wheel was soooooo close to the caliper I would not have run it. With 13mm IMO the clearance would be fine. But I'm not guaranteeing that - as I don't have spacers to try.

Anyway........ MTMs back on. Phew.

Don't know if its any help to anyone but had a spare hour this evening so I took off the MTMs and fitted the stock wheel on ver the TTRS caliper.

With the 11mm Forge spacer I have and the wheel bolted up the back of the wheel was soooooo close to the caliper I would not have run it. With 13mm IMO the clearance would be fine. But I'm not guaranteeing that - as I don't have spacers to try.

Anyway........ MTMs back on. Phew.
same here, I had 10mm spacers one with standard wheels and the clearance on the caliper was too close for comfort!!

that's pretty good news guys to me. Thanks

yesterday I measured a space between the arm egde of BBS CH ET50 and old 345mm disc (TTRS disc position is in the same place), here is what I got:

zfum.jpg

JamesS4cab just take a look, I get 5mm space, isn't it enough?

A few days ago finally I've mounted TTRS brakes on a S3, I used 13mm spacer at front to my BBS CH ET50 and as I measured a 10-11mm hubcentrics spacer should be enough because the clearance between arm and caliper right now is 6mm. The rear got 15mm spacer, sometimes a small rubbing happens so I want to add some bumper upgrade like RS3 have:

5ysb.jpg

It's a small plastic form going through a rear bumper and it protects against tire rubbing.

I also changed the whole servo with the pump (25,4mm) and master cylinder from Audi TTS. This way braking is excellent, there's no pedal travel, 5cm push and car stops immediately
Here is my result:

Last edited:
At my brand new BBS CH-R 8,5j x 19 ET40 with 225/35 tire the clearance fixed using 5mm spacer, I think 4mm should be enough. I hope it woudn't be rub. It looks very similar to my BBS CH 18"x8 ET50 + 13mm spacer at front. No rubbing issue as well.
cly8.jpg

0jcd.jpg

yab2.jpg

je0k.jpg

s8rf.jpg

ebpr.jpg

hz1r.jpg

salp.jpg

985n.jpg

g1tn.jpg

qisg.jpg

qy7t.jpg

i90p.jpg

ecey.jpg

8whj.jpg

wb1a.jpg

Zyzio I am loving the look of car....I'm waiting to purchase a set of ttrs brakes for my a3 but all I see on eBay is rs3 which I'm aware the rs3 calipers are fine but the discs are not so, I currently have the 345 size discs think I have the same brake set up as the s3 with my current wheels they are 18 x 8.5 no spacers wander if I can get away without spacers if I managed to get the ttrs brake set up on I have about 40mm Clarence between disc and wheel at present. Uploadfromtaptalk1390222560218

it depends on et of the wheel. and design of the spokes.
rs3 discs are different offset so they won't fit without shims.