Fivers and Tenners....

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
.... held together with sellotape!

Damn these blasted things, some person in the past has obviously teared it by accident, or it's usually a really manky one past it's sell by date and couldn't hold itself together anymore after passing between a million sets of hands. I'm only annoyed cos I happen to receive one from my local Costco during my stock buying. Next destination, my regular visit to Wing Yip Supermarket - I go twice a week minimum, and half the staff know me by my first name - where upon trying to pay for my goods. Mr manky, sellotape'd fiver comes out my back pocket to pay for my goods.... cue woman behind the till puts fiver under black light for checks, followed by a nudge nudge wink wink to supervisor for advice, and they refused the fiver on the grounds that they could not read the serial numbers clearly. :wtf:

I still have the fiver by the way, whilst the numbers are worn, they are most certainly readable and this is the respect I get for being a customer for 8years+ and if you include my dad, it's 30years+ custom!

They make you feel like a criminal don't they?! Last month I went to a bar with some mates and I gave over a £5 note. There was nothing wrong with it at all. They had a 5 min discussion behind the bar with me wondering what is going on and wouldn't take it because it was the old £5 note. I didn't even realise that there was a new one!

So I gave it to the cabbie on the way home!

on the other side, i have a pile of fake notes in a drawer that my shop staff have accepted!! Usually £20's too, they are getting really hard to spot. We have a pen we score throught the note with.

TBH, with the quality of fakes, half the customers wouldnt problably even know they were fakes they were passing on.

Got an almost transparent Northern Ireland £10, one of the plastic ones. The serial number was about all I could read off it. Just waiting for bank to refuse it...

on the other side, i have a pile of fake notes in a drawer that my shop staff have accepted!! Usually £20's too, they are getting really hard to spot. We have a pen we score throught the note with.

TBH, with the quality of fakes, half the customers wouldnt problably even know they were fakes they were passing on.

Got an almost transparent Northern Ireland £10, one of the plastic ones. The serial number was about all I could read off it. Just waiting for bank to refuse it...

The thing is, they never said it was a fake, cos if it was, it's their duty to prove it and confiscate it! I've personally never seen or held a fake £5 of £10, only £20's.
They refused it cos it was manky and held together by tape, didn't want to cause a commotion, so handed a crispy one to them so they felt happier, I could have simply asked for the manager to have a quick word, and it would be stright in the till!
On the subject of fake notes, in 8 years of trade, my business has had 2 slip through whilst my staff was on watch, I've caught everyone who tried to spend one due to experience, no need for fancy pens or black lights, I'm pretty confident when one is a fake a few seconds after touching it, they feel different.

On the subject of fake notes, in 8 years of trade, my business has had 2 slip through whilst my staff was on watch, I've caught everyone who tried to spend one due to experience, no need for fancy pens or black lights, I'm pretty confident when one is a fake a few seconds after touching it, they feel different.

I'm with you on that, I have spotted them all myself but by the time I'm counting the days takings its too late :keule:

I think its hilarious when a pub refuses to take a scottish note, had that happen a few times. Its says on the note that its sterling but simple minded morons wont take them.

I think its hilarious when a pub refuses to take a scottish note, had that happen a few times. Its says on the note that its sterling but simple minded morons wont take them.

lol can be a pain. I bought my S3 with cash. 12k's worth but luckily the guy was sound enough. Some of our notes are pretty funky coloured though lol.

me and this kid i know had a top laugh i used to work at a print shop i copied a £20 note just one side,,,, trimmed em out scrunched em up you know the usual .....any how on the blankside i wrote stuff like hardist knobhead or unlucky ,,,things like that i folded it in half then in half again it looked so real...anyhow later on were ****** in the pub playing pool i went in the toilet and dropped one in the **** in the trough... 10 minutes later it was gone i was crying laughing it was a trough full of **** that the note was in about 2 inch deep my mate didnt believe me so i give him one any how he put one in we saw the guy come out checked the **** again note was gone we were crying laughing anyhow on th last note someone else fell for it and they checked it in the bog and pasted it to the wall in **** with the words hardest knobhead faceing out wards cruel i know but one of the funniest nights ive ever had......