Fixed Cost Maintenance Plan

robert_farquhar

Reaction score
Can anyone give me an idea of running costs for an RS6. My driving style is fast but not hard on the car - tyres on my Subaru STI7 lasted about 25K miles.

For an Audi fixed 20K per year plan
Service £91.41
Maintenance £41.55
Tyres £33.24

Comes to £166.20 per month or £5983 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif (inc VAT) over 36 months. I assume depending on driving this will be 5 or 6 services with about 3 or 4 sets of tyres.

I don't think the service plan is worth it. My RS6 is approaching 11000 miles, 5000 of which are mine and I certainly haven't screwed it, and I reckon I've got another 2-3000 miles on the tyres at the most. My Scooby did 15000 on its tyres so there seems to be some parity there. It might pay though if you did a high mileage on country roads and treated the car to a lot of hard braking and cornering. It might also pay if there was a cambelt change due!

Robert,

I went for the maintenance and I think it's a great deal. i'm not sure they factored in the RS6 love of all things consumable when they worked out the prices.

You forgot to mention brakes in your calculation.

I did my first set of front pads at 10K. i expect discs and pads at the next service and possibly rears. I reckon if you are lighter of foot you may get through 4 sets of fronts and a couple of sets of discs - another grand. Maybe two sets of rears and a set of rear discs - another £500.

60K will certainly see 4 sets of tyres. I feel that even at god prices you are looking at somewhere in the region of 3,000 just for them!!

6 services - anyone hazard a guess? I'd say over a grand. Then you have a brake fluid service and coolant change

Then there's wipers and that's probably about it. Even if it works out dead on the same at least it's easier to budget rather than getting a big shock at the 40K service!

does the fixed cost cover all necessary repairs as well as servicing ? what about tyres ? can you have your choice of tyre or do they change them like for like ? would wheel alignment be included ? i tried lookin on audi website but thats as much use as a one legged bloke at an *** kicking party!

There are 3 seperate plans to cover servicing, maintenance and tyres.

Servicing is your basic service and all fluids, filters etc

Maintenance is for fair wear and tear items i.e brake pads and all components, clutch materials, driveshafts, exhaust etc

Tyres - fair wear and tear

If something needs replaced (i.e tyres) there are various outlets throughout the UK and they need to contact Audi for approval. I suspect tyres at a similar price are acceptable.

Does not cover accidental damage, kerbing, punctures, wheel alignment etc.

As with any policy there is the small print.

installer69 - does the prices quoted by Audi seem in line with what you have paid?

sorry, been away from the PC.

Yes Robert, the price sounds about right. I went for the 30k at £60 per month - I will do about 40k and pay the 8p per mile excess cos it worked out cheaper than the 40k plan??

At 24k Ive had front pads, front pads and discs, 6 tyres and 2 services.

Great value.

Check the thread on RS246.com for some of the ridiculous quotes that some are getting for services and the 20k cambelt check for £400.

Jem, just see a salesman at your local dealer.