fixing number plates

rOb_A

Reaction score
i'm getting new plates. i want to fix them to my A3 without the normal screw type fixing. any recommendations on what to use? Halford's sell some adhesive pads, are they any good? (not been to halfords for a loooooooong time)

double sided foam tape, idealy bodyshop spec stuff
06383.jpg

I've just restuck mine with two full length strips of Heavy duty black stick on tape by Velcro. This is exceptionally strong and can easily cope with the outdoors.

At 2 inches wide, the tape will fit nicely along the top and a second strip along the bottom. It is so strong when properly pressed together it takes one hell of a tug to pull the plate off the cars bodywork. The adhesive is far stickier than I have personally seen on double sided foam tape.

velcro-solutions.co.uk

I got mine from Amazon in a 2.5m pack .

I've just restuck mine with two full length strips of Heavy duty black stick on tape by Velcro. This is exceptionally strong and can easily cope with the outdoors.

At 2 inches wide, the tape will fit nicely along the top and a second strip along the bottom. It is so strong when properly pressed together it takes one hell of a tug to pull the plate off the cars bodywork. The adhesive is far stickier than I have personally seen on double sided foam tape.

velcro-solutions.co.uk

I got mine from Amazon in a 2.5m pack .

Do you mind putting the exact amazon link up please?

Dan

I've used Velcro from eBay. 2 Inch wide stuff. 3 strips, ends and middle.

Same stuff holding my sub down.

I used giant velcro coins for halfrauds. Been perfect so far, even through the heat and the recent rough weather we had. I've used all sorts in the past including sticky tape, but velcro seems to be the best so far.

So another thumbs up for velcro.

Another thumbs up for velcro. Although I didn't use quite as much as Helifella! Bought the pack of 2 strips from Halfords for about £3. Cut into smaller strips.

My tip is to remove your old plates and look at the bodywork behind them before sticking the velcro on. I had to reposition a couple of strips because of the shape of the bootlid.

I used giant velcro coins for halfrauds. Been perfect so far, even through the heat and the recent rough weather we had. I've used all sorts in the past including sticky tape, but velcro seems to be the best so far.

So another thumbs up for velcro.

:iagree: just got the Velcro strips, they work a treat !:yes: