FK automotive grill

Gazzago

Reaction score
Fitted my new Matt black grill the other day....in terrible weather!

Got it delivered from Germany for under £20. Thought it must be a mistake. Bargain!

Fits pretty well. Not Oem quality but I didn't expect it to be at that price.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360075026813587

Whereabouts in Germany did you buy it from? Looks decent

Yeah I'm sure that's the one I got, same price anyway

I wanted a matte finish and new mine would come with one cause a3_sline_tdi had ordered and fitted his already

Yes that's the one I ordered and yes it looks glossy there but arrived Matt.

I thought about spraying it but decided against it as you often get stone chips.

Will take some close up pics when the weather is decent and I have time and add them to this thread. But definitely worth £20 or so, cheaper than painting your existing grill :)

hey mate i have one the same i have spraed mine with three coats of matt black was going to spray frame gloss but not sure was it a hard job changing it and is it loose at the bottom as someone said they are?

Mines not loose. I didn't even spray mine matte black, it came like it is and it looks perfect enough so went on. I'm happy with the outcome too

Mines not loose. I didn't even spray mine matte black, it came like it is and it looks perfect enough so went on. I'm happy with the outcome too
great stuff will have to get round to fitting mine just a bit unsure on bumper removal?

Hopefully yours is held on better than mine was, there was as many tie wraps as bolts lol sure there is a thread on bumper removal

That is cheap way too cheap i would be proud of myself if i paid that :-O

I was lol :)

And for the record mine isn't loose either. Fits well, took a while to get all the clips in.

may get some tips of you sunday mate looks good eh

Very nice mate, I got a FK mesh grill for my A4 b7 £8.64 + p&p. not to be missed at that price.

Be careful when cleaning them the black stuff there covered in comes off easy took mine to body shop n had it sprayed gloss black

I was going to get this, but not being able to fit my sline badge put me off ! (abit anal i know!) Going to plastidip this weekend!

You can get the sline badge off eBay which fits the FK grille, have a look at mine without and 1 with the sline badge on. See if you want one back on or not. My car is fully debadged so I'm going to leave it off

the badges i got off ebay didnt fit my fk grill i had to modify them and the grill fitting went on in the end and i noticed the coating was not the best so i gave it three coats of matt black

Attachments

• 20130104_093426.jpg
    20130104_093426.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 363
Yeah got mine from the same place and fitted last week so big thanks to A3_sline_tdi, awesome job Lewis.

no problem andy was great to meet you and get them great mods fitted, car looks even better than it already did. glad we got your bumper fitted properly too lol as for thr grill you really can't knock it for that price would recommend it to anyone

Yeah got mine from the same place and fitted last week so big thanks to A3_sline_tdi, awesome job Lewis.

no problem andy was great to meet you and get them great mods fitted, car looks even better than it already did. glad we got your bumper fitted properly too lol as for thr grill you really can't knock it for that price would recommend it to anyone

Yeah I did mention there was more tie wraps than bolts lol.
Finishes the car off nicely and goes with my roof and mirrors so for £23 I couldn't be happier.

I bought a black and silver when I fitted my sline bumper last year.

Both arrived damaged, but usable.
They refunded me fully, Inc delivery, and didn't want the grilles back. So I sold the black one, after deciding it was too matte for my liking, and used the chrome one.

As said, eBay badges aren't a direct fit, but do fit with a little work.

Definitely a bargain, and good service from them FK too.

Will see how the finish lasts on mine. Doesn't look like its coated to be honest. Just black plastic.

Had a clip on drivers side for badge to fix to. I don't have any badges so haven't used it. Left it there just in case... :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360246469013256 close up of the finish on the grill for those interested

Hi all, sorry for the bump. Just wondered if any of you could help me, I ordered this same grill last night thinking it would fit my 2006 s line as I'm sure I've seen pics of them fitted to s lines on here but I've since had an email from fk saying it won't fit. Does anybody know if this is correct and if so is a bodge possible??
Thanks in advance for any help, will be much appreciated.

2006 being a 8p2 front end, It should fit no problem as this is what i have also

Yes mate its 8p2. I hope you're right, as I say I know I've seen them on here on s line bumpers and I've not seen one on fk specifically for the s line. Thanks for the speedy reply mate, just trying to decide whether or not to risk it. Where can I see pics of yours with the grill fitted?

The gap around the top has been sorted now as the bonnet was slightly out of alignment

That looks bang on mate. Have you sprayed the surround and the plate holder to get a gloss finish or did it come like that? I was going to wrap my own grill until I saw these and thought at the price it would be less hassle but as I've already had the wrap delivered if this isn't the finish I'm after ill just use it to wrap the fk grill.

Sprayed the whole grill black then laquered it,
The finish wasnt great so had a bodyshop respray it gloss black for £40. (no recent pics atm)

Hi all, sorry for the bump. Just wondered if any of you could help me, I ordered this same grill last night thinking it would fit my 2006 s line as I'm sure I've seen pics of them fitted to s lines on here but I've since had an email from fk saying it won't fit. Does anybody know if this is correct and if so is a bodge possible??
Thanks in advance for any help, will be much appreciated.

Hi mate I was lead to believe that they didnt fit also but after talking to a few people on here I ordered one and it fitted great on my 56 plate s line hope this helps I gave mine three coats of matt black

So is the finish in the pic above what you achieved when spraying it yourself? Looks nice to me.

To be honest mate I thought they were talking bull but wanted to check before possibly wasting £30. I was looking at your thread earlier and the grill looked nice with the matt black. I want the slats in the centre matt black and the surround and plate holder gloss. Do you guys think it would be possible to vinyl wrap the surround on the fk grill? As I understand it is all one piece and the surround doesn't come off.

It would be possible but I would paint it myself mate

Will have to have a butchers when it arrives, only problem with painting is I've got no where indoors to spray and the weather is against me at the moment. I've been having a bash at spraying the interior grab handles but due to the cold temperature outside the finish keeps going cloudy. Plus I now have a 90x150 roll of gloss black vinyl laying around.

There was one fitted to my car when I bought it and I have to say it's not a bad piece of kit but, I am on the hunt for something else. The one fitted is matt black and there's really nothing wrong with it but I do fancy a gloss finish. Do these things take a coat of paint well, or would it be better to just buy one with the right finish for me...?
I quite like the look of the RS3 type with the mesh, bit dearer at £90 - 200 depending on where you get it.
I have to say, that one you have looks spot on and for that kind of money, who wouldn't.
:thumbs up: