FL S3 to PFL RS3 anyone?

Reaction score
Hello new to this section Iv got a 2017 S3 just wanting to know if anyone has moved from a facelift or pre S3 to an RS3?
Any pros and cons or doing so ?

Also I’ve noticed the secondary cat removal is popular if this is done will it still pass MOT?

Hello new to this section Iv got a 2017 S3 just wanting to know if anyone has moved from a facelift or pre S3 to an RS3?
Any pros and cons or doing so ?

Also I’ve noticed the secondary cat removal is popular if this is done will it still pass MOT?
The RS3 feels quite a bit faster and is obviously a lot more noisier than the S3. It's more rare and special to drive.

Not sure if the secondary cat removal would scupper you at MOT time. Probably not, but worst case you put them back on very easily.

Reactions: Rayner_1704 and Spaceman_RS3
The RS3 feels quite a bit faster and is obviously a lot more noisier than the S3. It's more rare and special to drive.

Not sure if the secondary cat removal would scupper you at MOT time. Probably not, but worst case you put them back on very easily.
I came from a 420bhp s3 8p to a 310 s38v facelift so the extra power will be nice again. Just worried I’ll miss the little perks of the newer s3

I came from a 420bhp s3 8p to a 310 s38v facelift so the extra power will be nice again. Just worried I’ll miss the little perks of the newer s3
The new RS3 will have all the perks of the S3?

Reactions: Rayner_1704
And more tune able if that’s your thing too.

I came from a 420bhp s3 8p to a 310 s38v facelift so the extra power will be nice again I miss the
The new RS3 will have all the perks of the S3?
I’d love a new one but budget only stretches for the preface RS3.
I just meant like the dynamic indicators LED lights and MMI system looks slightly different.

Thanks for the input everyone

I came from a 420bhp s3 8p to a 310 s38v facelift so the extra power will be nice again I miss the

I just meant like the dynamic indicators LED lights and MMI system looks slightly different.

You won't regret it. I drove a FL S3 and getting back in my PFL RS3 it was so much better. The noise is superior to the FL too.

Decat rear still passes a MOT AFAIK just don't decat the downpipe. Tbf you might miss the tech FL vs PFL although the noise should make up for it ;)

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: DW81 and Rayner_1704

Dynamic indicators are something you’ll never see yourself while driving tbh, and the MMI in the prefacelift is a little bit easier to use imo, especially the sat nav. You may miss the virtual cockpit if you have it in your fl s3, but nothing should be a game changer.

Decat rear still passes a MOT AFAIK just don't decat the downpipe. Tbf you might miss the tech FL vs PFL although the noise should make up for it ;)

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk
Yeah I’m sure it will do. Yeah I have most of the tech options but time will tell.

Dynamic indicators are something you’ll never see yourself while driving tbh, and the MMI in the prefacelift is a little bit easier to use imo, especially the sat nav. You may miss the virtual cockpit if you have it in your fl s3, but nothing should be a game changer.
Really ? I have found the Sat Nav annoying in a few occasions. Thing I’ll miss most is the virtual cockpit and reverse camera. But all in all I think the other perk will more then look after me

You won't regret it. I drove a FL S3 and getting back in my PFL RS3 it was so much better. The noise is superior to the FL too.
I have the res delete on my S3 and sounds great but it just isn’t a 5pot so looking forward to that. Although the one I’m looking at hasn’t got the sports exhaust unfortunately.

I have the res delete on my S3 and sounds great but it just isn’t a 5pot so looking forward to that. Although the one I’m looking at hasn’t got the sports exhaust unfortunately.
Definitely get one with sports exhaust. You'll get the money back come resale time too.

Reactions: AudiNutta, DW81 and T-800
Only about 20p.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well it'll certainly be easier to sell with the sports exhaust.

Talking of which, have you sold yours yet...?

Reactions: T-800
Well it'll certainly be easier to sell with the sports exhaust.

Talking of which, have you sold yours yet...?

Sports exhaust isn’t that great. Seriously it may make you smile occasionally but.... and yes sold.

Sports exhaust isn’t that great. Seriously it may make you smile occasionally but.... and yes sold.

I thought it may have been sold as you didn't plug your car! Did you get what you wanted for it?

I thought it may have been sold as you didn't plug your car! Did you get what you wanted for it?

I have been trying to sell 2 cars to fund RS4. A 66 Avant quattro and RS3. Got within £1k so fairly happy given the current poor ‘Brexit ‘depressed market. 10 sleeps to go.

Reactions: D0C
Your like a broken record on brexit

Please give it a ******* break jeez, it is a car forum after all not a political EU cess pit :thumbs up:

Reactions: Rayner_1704, Spaceman_RS3, Shawn8V and 2 others
Your like a broken record on brexit

Please give it a ******* break jeez, it is a car forum after all not a political EU cess pit :thumbs up:

I am merely stating facts, we have a severely depressed market due to Brexit uncertainty. How is that in any way political? Get a grip!

New car registrations down 6% YOY. severely depressed?!

I won't be depressed next Weds

Reactions: AudiNutta, Terminator x and Adi7r
New car registrations 2001 2017 2

New car registrations down nearly 25% due to Brexit financial uncertainty, twice the drop in the financial slump in 2008. Independent fact without an ounce of politics. Audi prices up. PCPs up. Residual value predictions down. I want my Audis back!

Last edited: