Flat spots 3.5/4K

Moxy89

Reaction score
recently had a full custom map at stage 2 and getting a slight flat spot at around 3.5k or there about, I pulled 330bhp at stage 2, I haven't had my Dsg mapped, could it be my fuel pump trying to keep up ?

Any information would be epic

The hpfp fills in the need for fuel at those engine speeds. Adding in the hpfp will allow stage 2+ which should add at least an extra 30 bhp to your figure. However, your torque figure will also increase lots and that is what you feel as acceleration.
Some maps need the RS4 fuel return valve to stop a a flat spot at 5K.
Often a stage 1+ map gives you better drive ability than stage 2.

Thank you pal. I will order a loba now :)

I will also get my box mapped also ☺️

The pump will need mapping in but you will be pleased. Autotech hpfp internals are a cheaper option if you have a competent person on your team.

I will be going loba pal just for the ease of straight swapping

The pump will need mapping in but you will be pleased. Autotech hpfp internals are a cheaper option if you have a competent person on your team.
The high pressure fuel pump doesn't need mapping in unless you have lowered the demand required in the map to allow it to run that much power further up in the map as it doesn't run as rich higher up, it will just be able to support the higher demand so then allow more torque in the midrange - the hpfp helps even on stage 1 maps

richer = torque
leaner=power *temperature allowing*

p.s running a loba pump here and had it on about 15k miles now not touched it once yet except for cam follower replacement

Last edited: